Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
tastebud said:
i just wanna go! i'm obsessed with this thread. sometimes i just press f5 in this thread.

crispy, we should get some tequila too!
Blech!
tbh, I'm getting worried that you're going to get me and sparra utterly spannered before we even leave the M4.

oh frigging wonderful.

my payday is on the monday. i'm not paid very much so as you can imagine things are a bit tight, but no worries thought i, i'll get an advance of a couple of hundred quid and my manager agreed. found out today that payroll have decided that it can't be done. this means my entire budget from now until the monday after glastonbury stands at about 60 quid.

this is worrying. i was expecting to spend that on cider alone.

*tries not to panic and work out a plan*

beesonthewhatnow said:
I really want it to rain now.

Coz my Sealskinz socks have just been delivered, and I want to see if they work as well as they claim :D :cool:
go and stand in the bath like sunray did when he bought his :D

Hehe.. I cant believe people remember that. I did that years ago, Dub mentioned to me at strawberry fair the other week, as did Skim just yesterday...hmmm...rubs chin.

You know you want to.... They are labelled as 'waterproof' as opposed to 'water resistant'...

I use them for cycling to work in the pissing rain in winter and they are the best invention ever. Just be careful not to pull them on tight because they are not stretchy in any way and can bruise your big toe if you do.

Motherfucking motherfuckers.

Mine haven't arrived yet either.

If we just turn up with photo ID and our registration numbers and a shouty voice, reckon we'll be ok?

What a mess :(

I guess they'll have to have some sort of provision to check registration numbers, oherwise there are going to be a lot of angry people at the gates.

the annual glasto ticket farce. shit guys, i'm sure it'll be fine, but you'll have to go to shepton mallet first to collect em.

crispy, what are they telling you?

bluestreak said:
the annual glasto ticket farce. shit guys, i'm sure it'll be fine, but you'll have to go to shepton mallet first to collect em.

crispy, what are they telling you?
"We have found 1 order and we have emailed the details to"

and that's it. Thanks!

beesonthewhatnow said:
Christ, this really is starting to look like a bit of a farce on the ticket front :(
Seeing as our tickets are press passes, there's no photos on them either, so any cunt can use them.

Why didn't they send them recorded delivery?

Crispy said:
"We have found 1 order and we have emailed the details to"

and that's it. Thanks!

have you called them? i think at this stage you really need to ascertain what will ahppen if they can't get your tickets to you.

editor said:
Seeing as our tickets are press passes, there's no photos on them either, so any cunt can use them.

Why didn't they send them recorded delivery?

Could the press office make sure they've got a list of those without passes, then have someone on hand to verify you by phone when you're at the gate?

It seems clear to me that they decided to cut costs by printing the tickets on toilet paper, rather than the hologram inner red felt unforgeable jobbies from previous years. This has resulted in practically useless photos and somthing you could sort out with a decent photocopier/scanner and a bit of photoshop. Clearly GFLand SEE have shat themselves after all this 'we beat the touts' hyperbole. They are unlikely to have any 'bring ID' infrastructure built in like previous years. The late posting must be a tactic to avoid ebayers and the fact the photos are utterly shite.

In some respect I feel lucky im doing the 'be given the tickets on the shitty coach' thing, despite that scenarios built in frustrations. Like the fact I plan to double the carbon footprint/congestion by going and getting my car anyway...

Skim said:
Could the press office make sure they've got a list of those without passes, then have someone on hand to verify you by phone when you're at the gate?
In an ideal world that would be great, but in the last phone call I was advised, that they "don't know what to do," and was told that I should "see if it turns up Monday" (it's already a week late) and they aren't sure if they can issue replacements or not.

The Press Office is on site, so I doubt if I could get that far without a ticket.

i never really understood the obsession with beating touts.. how big a problem is it and is it worth it that we all suffer in the process?

surely having hard to forge paper and only allowing 2 tix per creditcard would be sufficient?

Crispy said:
And of course the seetickets number is engaged :rolleyes:
Oh, I feel your pain.

Unless the tickets turn up tomorrow, trying to sort things out on Monday is going to be a fucking nightmare.

I still can't believe that they sent out press passes - with full backstage access - by ordinary cheapo mail.

I'm gonna be really busy at work on Mon and Tues as well. Oh grrrrrr.
*hits things*

Try the 0115 number?
Mine are currently sitting in Blenheim gdns post office in brixton, which is making me anxious as the last important thing of mine they had (a job contract) they lost for a few days.

but other than that, reading this thread is making me very very excited. this is only my second Glasto (the first being a hazy memory 10 years ago), and wouldn't have been possible without getting tickets via the handy hints on this thread, so thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom