Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... Glasto tickets now appearing on eBay says the BBC.

Eavis has said that he's "slightly disappointed" with the quality of the tickets. Frankly, the photo on mine could be of virtually anyone.

Maybe it's the printers that are to blame for the whole late ticket debacle, rather than SeeTickets...

belboid said:
blimey, sound not brilliant when you're a mile away, or standing near a bar??!! whatever next? stood in front of the main stage and it was absolutely fine

there were 60,000 people in the way.

Lazy Llama said:
Hmm... Glasto tickets now appearing on eBay says the BBC.

Eavis has said that he's "slightly disappointed" with the quality of the tickets. Frankly, the photo on mine could be of virtually anyone.

Maybe it's the printers that are to blame for the whole late ticket debacle, rather than SeeTickets...

well, we'll see how good the security is soon. one of our number is travelling down in disguise as another. will she get in? watch this space!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=forecast;type=glasto

2.png

firky said:

That's absolutely fucking XXX-rated that one -- DO NOT LOOK!!! :eek:

But due to be updated on Sunday I think ... hope ... :eek:

Hoping (praying) that Superape's contact on MB, quoted by him earlier, has it right.

And all hail the BBC Countryfile Forecast for the week ahead on Sunday, BBC1, I think CF starts at 11 am, the forecast should be towards the middle or end of the programme ...

If you give a shit, that is :p

mr steev said:
WE HAVE OUR TICKETS (almost!)

After getting the email days ago and still not recieving anything, my gf rang See-tickets today to be told they should have been delivered on Tuesday!
Rang the Post Office and they have them at the sorting office. They told my gf that someone had called on Tuesday and Wednesday morning but no-one was in... COMPLETE BOLLOCKS! My gf had took both mornings off so she could be in when they came. They didn't even leave a card! Someone is gonna get an earfull when I go and pick them up tomorrow! :mad:

... but at least we know where they are now (and where we'll be this time next week!)

Good on you matey :cool: . Hope moose and others get it sorted too :) :cool:

That's pretty crap about the Post Office not leaving a card though. Down here, the PO are generally pretty reliable (IME) about that.

William of Walworth said:
That's absolutely fucking XXX-rated that one -- DO NOT LOOK!!! :eek:

But due to be updated on Sunday I think ... hope ... :eek:

Hoping (praying) that Superape's weather-geeky mate quoted by him earlier, has it right.

And all hail the BBC Countryfile Forecast for the week ahead on Sunday, BBC1, I think CF starts at 11 am, the forecast should be towards the middle or end of the programme ...

If you give a shit, that is :p

Interestin' stuff Will. I've just been checking out the weater. My personal prediction based on available evidence.. is that the weather will tease towards the rain, with possibly grey cumulo-nimbus in abundance.. possibly a shower or 2, but ultimately it will be sunny and warmish.. You see in the West Country we have proper weather - to keep the cows happy.

:)

Fuck the cows** -- it's us FESTIVAL TYPES :p who need happiness ...

**Not literally ... except for a weather-related price ... :eek: ;)

Yeah right.."Just going to the flushing loos" he says....

The weather

When they say unsettled they also mean unpredictable so don't believe anything at the moment.

It might well settle out over the weekend much like it did after the BH and we're in for a great one.

I just set my computer to grab the BBC glasto webcam images every 30 minutes (do they update faster closer to the festival, anyone know?) so should have a nice little time lapse movie in 11 days :)

Hollis said:
Interestin' stuff Will. I've just been checking out the weater. My personal prediction based on available evidence.. is that the weather will tease towards the rain, with possibly grey cumulo-nimbus in abundance.. possibly a shower or 2, but ultimately it will be sunny and warmish.. You see in the West Country we have proper weather - to keep the cows happy.

:)

My dear old 88 grandad (who is still a shepherd) has worked the land since he was a boy and his 'country folk' forecast is that it'll, "blaw its self oot, but its in a valley so may hover arund a bit unless the wind blaws a different way."

He's usually quite accurate with the weather :confused: :eek: :)

Fuck the cows** -- it's us FESTIVAL TYPES :p who need happiness ...

**Not literally ... except for a weather-related price ... :eek: ;)

WoW I am gonna take an umbrella. if I see you at the cider bus this year I will identify myself.. probably ;)

Did you see that the BBC are reporting that people with tickets that now can't go are selling them on ebay. I had a look, not very many, all going 'if you look a bit like me you'll get in no probs....' :rolleyes:

Anyone buys one is in for a shit time at the gate, unless they are being relaxed about it or very lucky.

Is it the same map that everyone who has their tickets has got and the same map that was posted to U75 and EF about three weeks ago?

That's pretty crap about the Post Office not leaving a card though. Down here, the PO are generally pretty reliable (IME) about that.

I take it back! It wasn't the post office. I can now definately state that...
See Tickets are incompetent fuckwits!

I went to pick up the tickets this evening... it took me 2 visits and over 2 hours for them to finally find them cos SeeTickets had sent them to my old address!!!! Even though we informed them of the change weeks ago, had a confirmation email then, and the new address is even on the postage confirmation they sent a few days ago! So they sent over £500 worth of tickets to the wrong address where anyone could have signed for them! :mad:
We then went back to the car and opened the envelope... and there's a campervan ticket missing!!! Says that it should be included on the remmitence slip but nowt in the envelope! Have rang them since and they said it will be delivered on Monday... if not, fuck knows what's gonna happen cos we're going down to Bristol on Tuesday

Fucking useless! They've had until fucking April to sort this out. Even had everyones details before, so why are they still sending out tickets?
... and the pictures on the tickets are barely recognisable!
:mad:

firky said:
Fuck, steev. Good lucck, dude.

We're sorted, but my mate's not very happy at the moment!

The tipi field is still on the map in the same place as usual :cool: (with an extra tipi village on the edge) I thought that that was gonna be turned into a 'games field' or something? Not that I'm bothered :)

Good stuff!

I'm off to bed because I'm leaving the frozen north tomorrow to return to London for a couple of weeks, so gnight :)

firky said:
Is it the same map that everyone who has their tickets has got and the same map that was posted to U75 and EF about three weeks ago?

No it's the one that is given out at Info points but we weren't supposed to put online because Orange would get all titty about it as the original has their advertising all over the back of it!

i just wanna go! i'm obsessed with this thread. sometimes i just press f5 in this thread.

crispy, we should get some tequila too!

Some of our group still don't have tickets yet, although Seetickets say that they "have been despatched". Fingers crossed for today's post....

Giles..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom