Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specially for William from MindlessBanter:

A weather geek told me today at a meeting that the weather is going to be gurt lush, he did say why but to be honest i switched off once he said it will be gurt lush.
I am going to believe him as his weather forecast was much nicer.
Drizzly Wednesday, lovely Thursday, great Friday, great Saturday and a bit of rain Sunday but not alot.

beesonthewhatnow said:
Just hope the PA at the appropriate stage is up to the job - specing rigs for festies where you have so many different acts on over a weekend can be a bit of a nightmare, due to massively varying sonic requirements, you can often end up with a middle of the road compromise that suits nobody. As the dance area seems to be spilt a lot more along genre lines this year you may stand a fighting chance of getting something good :)

the stage they're on - which the Bug was on last time - had a great PA.

Dubversion said:
the stage they're on - which the Bug was on last time - had a great PA.
I'll be the judge of that :p :D

It just amazes me every year how bad some of the rigs are setup, you'd think at a flagship event like Glasto the companies involved would pull out all the stops, but the tat you see on some stages beggers belief.

I've never heard a *really* good setup at Glastonbury, some of the tents are good but they're a thousand miles away from what I have heard in tents for dedicated gigs and things.

firky said:
I've never heard a *really* good setup at Glastonbury, some of the tents are good but they're a thousand miles away from what I have heard in tents for dedicated gigs and things.
My mate Adam is the main FOH system tech for the Pyramid this year, so if that sounds crap at least I know who to moan at :D

It's one of those things that you only care about when you know what you're looking for, so I prefer to stay fairly ignorant when it comes to speaker setups :)

Well in 2005 I sat baked on the hill near the stone cirle listening to the white stripes and it sounded like they were playing on a car stereo several feet away. It was good in a lo-fi-don't-have-to-be-in-the-mud-two-minute-walk-from-the-tent-i-am-too-fucked-to-stand-up-i-think-i-will-just-stare-at-the-fire-a-bit-longer kind of way.

Caroline Sullivan wants shot between the eyes with barrells of andrew lloyd webber's shite.

firky said:
Well in 2005 I sat baked on the hill near the stone cirle listening to the white stripes and it sounded like they were playing on a car stereo several feet away. It was good in a lo-fi-don't-have-to-be-in-the-mud-two-minute-walk-from-the-tent-i-am-too-fucked-to-stand-up-i-think-i-will-just-stare-at-the-fire-a-bit-longer kind of way.

that's depressing. i was on the right hand side of the stage, near the bar, adn i thought the sound was so shoddy that i left half way through because it wasn't worth missing PRoD for.

Crispy said:
What crap picks. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

I've underlined about 6 or 7 things in my timetable and refuse to commit to any more.

agree.

agree.

srsly, she might as well fuck off to V if that's all she wants out of the festival.

bluestreak said:
agree.

agree.

srsly, she might as well fuck off to V if that's all she wants out of the festival.

What I am mildly concerned about is the fact she and the entire rest of the Pyramid Stage audience will move enmass to the 'park' in the vain hope of seeing Jamie T playing a piano ... and trample over my tent in the process!!!

Ofc that may not actually happen...

bluestreak said:
that's depressing. i was on the right hand side of the stage, near the bar, adn i thought the sound was so shoddy that i left half way through because it wasn't worth missing PRoD for.

It was and it wasn't. After being on the go for two days in red hot sun with only two or three hours sleep a night it was quite chilled but I'd have loved to have been in the middle of it... if it wasn't so f'ing muddy.

bluestreak said:
blimey, sound not brilliant when you're a mile away, or standing near a bar??!! whatever next? stood in front of the main stage and it was absolutely fine

Now I am getting excited and don't care if it rains!

I just booked a flight to Ibiza for recovery purposes on Tuesday :D

WE HAVE OUR TICKETS (almost!)

After getting the email days ago and still not recieving anything, my gf rang See-tickets today to be told they should have been delivered on Tuesday!
Rang the Post Office and they have them at the sorting office. They told my gf that someone had called on Tuesday and Wednesday morning but no-one was in... COMPLETE BOLLOCKS! My gf had took both mornings off so she could be in when they came. They didn't even leave a card! Someone is gonna get an earfull when I go and pick them up tomorrow! :mad:

... but at least we know where they are now (and where we'll be this time next week!) :D

Dubversion said:
this time next week Ouchmonkey and I will be doing our hair and drinking like bastards ready for our opening slot :)

Think I'll just be drinking like a bastard... my hair can take care of itself :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom