Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
tastebud said:
nah it's dull. as skim says, more bass! :cool:
The trouble I find with a lot of the REALLY bass heavy stuff doing the rounds at the moment (most of the dubstep I've heard for example) is that it sounds utterly shite on anything but the very best speakers/soundsystems. All the bass just gets flappy and loose, swamping everything else thats going on.

Crispy said:
ETA: Yeah, the quicker, squelchy stuff, not the slow stuff made for people not on drugs :)

Yeah Stanton Warriors and the like can get f*cked - it's all about the glitchy/electro-breaks (tipper, si begg etc) or tear out/bassline-breaks (rat records etc) :)

beesonthewhatnow said:
The trouble I find with a lot of the REALLY bass heavy stuff doing the rounds at the moment (most of the dubstep I've heard for example) is that it sounds utterly shite on anything but the very best speakers/soundsystems. All the bass just gets flappy and loose, swamping everything else thats going on.
hmm, dunno, i have fun in my bedroom.

Skim said:
I like breaks in moderation, it just needs a bit more bass and scuzz.

And squelch. You have to have squelchy bass. It is what makes people shit. With out squelchy bass people wouldn't be able to poo.

I tell you what does piss me off... going to see Squarepusher and hoping he does some his "HERE IS THE JAZZ MOTHER FUCKERS!!!! GET READY FOR THE DRUM AND BASS" just to find out he's wanking off a bass guitar for an hour through a kaos pad. Tosser.

What that tent needs is Si Begg and Milanese :cool:

(I could go into a long list of all the other acts that should be there, but trying to restrain myself.)

The_Reverend_M said:
Yeah Stanton Warriors and the like can get f*cked - it's all about the glitchy/electro-breaks (tipper, si begg etc) or tear out/bassline-breaks (rat records etc) :)
I want a big purple Juno synth or something to make squelches with

firky said:
I have f'cked so many pairs of speakers and headphones with bassy stuff.
Get yourself a pair of Nexo PS15s, and a Lab Gruppen FP3400 amp, you'll be sorted.

You'll also be £6K poorer, but it'll be worth it :cool:

SQUELCH + 200BPM + JAPANESE SCHOOL KIDS SINGING ABOUT ROBOTIC GODS = WIN WIN WIN

22017__djgriffin__squelch_bass_aliens.png

beesonthewhatnow said:
Get yourself a pair of Nexo PS15s, and a Lab Gruppen FP3400 amp, you'll be sorted.

You'll also be £6K poorer, but it'll be worth it :cool:

I asked you how to fix my speakers ages ago and aqua replied "he's a bi fucked at the moment, ask again later" :D

Dubversion said:
well the odd bit is OK but come on - it's just the next stage after big beat - dance music for pissed students and Aussies.

oh god dub, that is so not the case.

The_Reverend_M said:

WORD.

beesonthewhatnow said:

I agree a bit w this and I'm not obsessive about this stuff - but that is why it is going to be great to see them next week :)

PieEye said:
I agree a bit w this and I'm not obsessive about this stuff - but that is why it is going to be great to see them next week :)
Just hope the PA at the appropriate stage is up to the job - specing rigs for festies where you have so many different acts on over a weekend can be a bit of a nightmare, due to massively varying sonic requirements, you can often end up with a middle of the road compromise that suits nobody. As the dance area seems to be spilt a lot more along genre lines this year you may stand a fighting chance of getting something good :)

I don't know anything aboiut the different genres of dance or about which box what stuff fits into ... (well roughly, yeah, and I know there are crioss-sub-genre overlaps etc.).

To me if it's danceable that's :cool:

If not, that isn't :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom