Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
All numbers engaged.

I'll wait till I get home to an empty mailbox before I get truely enraged.

onemonkey said:
i never really understood the obsession with beating touts.. how big a problem is it and is it worth it that we all suffer in the process?

surely having hard to forge paper and only allowing 2 tix per creditcard would be sufficient?

I think the issue for Michael Evis is to do with charity and fairness. Of days of old he sells those tickets at 150 quid and within minutes of people getting them, they are going for 400 or more quid on ebay. Thats 250 quid that someone is making off the popularity of an event that they don't lift a finger to organise. Its also money that could have gone to the organiser and therefore to Oxfam or Water aid. I can see his point.

It actively encourages people buying more tickets than they need just to sell them at a profit, so people who could have afforded to go on a face value ticket have been excluded because someone is trying to go for free.

The registration with pictures make it a non-starter for commercial touts as they can't be selling something that isn't guaranteed, that's fraud.

i dont spose you want to know this but its monsooning outside and rolling with thunder.

everythings a bit wet.

sorry william

wiskey said:
i dont spose you want to know this but its monsooning outside and rolling with thunder.

everythings a bit wet.

sorry william

it is like that here - not the weather for driving down to london :(

I leave in about an hour, or so.

The trouble with heavy rain now is that the site will be saturated before we all arrive, and it'll be a mudbath the moment the first people walk through the gate....

Fuck it, who cares? Bring it on :cool:

beesonthewhatnow said:
The trouble with heavy rain now is that the site will be saturated before we all arrive, and it'll be a mudbath the moment the first people walk through the gate....
not so - the ground has been pretty dry recently so the water will soak in, as long as there aint too much of it. As long as its not wet when people arrive we'll be ok. Anyway, the weather forecast has been lying consistently in the past few weeks so I predict SUN ! :)

tribal_princess said:
thank fuck I bought those welliez I thought I would never have to use :cool:

We're going to look fucking stupid. You have bright pink wellies and I have these fuckin' awful things

Lollypop-camo.jpg

Brixton Hatter said:
not so - the ground has been pretty dry recently so the water will soak in, as long as there aint too much of it. As long as its not wet when people arrive we'll be ok. Anyway, the weather forecast has been lying consistently in the past few weeks so I predict SUN ! :)

They also dug a big hole and filled it up with gravel so it drains away. They have done this in the past but I guess it got full of silt. I don't give a shit TBH, I have good company, food, warm clothes and a smokin tent full of the finest delights Mary Jane can supply :)

Oh and a massive wok.

tribal_princess said:
ROFL did yer mammy buy you em :D:D:D

I look like action man in me camo wellies and black SAS gear :D

They're me dad's, I don't own wellies, only docs and your skanky old animal trainers :)

Attachments

• DSC_0088.jpg
    DSC_0088.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 138
<Studies met office pressure charts>

There is a high pressure North of the UK which is causing all the rain to stream in one after the other over the UK. According to their predictions its moving north but not enough to make a difference to the influence it has on the weather we are going to get. I reckon that on Monday we will know. Its really going to hammer down on Monday if what they say is true.

NVP said:
I wish I was going.

Have a good 'un, everyone. :)

God yes, so do I! <slaps self on wrist for not buying a ticket, wwwwaaaaa>
It's gonna be a corker - how many urbanites are going? 100 or something ?!

Have a good un all :)

Where can I buy a poncho before next Wednesday?

I saw this sexy poncho in Argos, but they're out of stock everywhere until next Wednesday, by which time I'll be on a train to the westcountry.

0190680A65UC230976M.jpg

Any ideas on where I could get a cheap cape to shield me from the inevitable rain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom