Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it seems like everything is coming together, reading this thread - which is :cool:

I've just done my final glasto shop, and am now the proud owner of a pair of green rubber (not pvc mind, proper rubber) wellies, and some cush n step insoles for me walking boots cos they're fucked inside

Bring it the fuck ON :D

beesonthewhatnow said:
My mate Adam is the main FOH system tech for the Pyramid this year, so if that sounds crap at least I know who to moan at :D
Mmm, the sound on the Pyramid has been so rbubish for so long now I've given up hoping they'll sort it out :( Don't often have much on there I wanna see anyway so no great loss for me but still a shame.

We have been practising :D

00012.jpg

Stig said:
We have been practising :D

00012.jpg

Agh dammit we went out in search of those poncho type things but our proper Army surplus place had sold out (Wireless festival isn't far away from us this year lol).

You can just get a Water Aid one when youre there. They are really strong and double up as something to sit on when not raining!

Weather related or otherwise??

aqua said:
i've suddenly got a case of the "I don't want to go's"

*sigh*

You KNOW there are advantages to warm** sunshine and blue skies (those elusive things next week :( ) don't you?

**Offers concesion -- ie the reality -- to aqua and others that temps will be sub-22C, probably sub 20C ... :rolleyes: at God ...

I had that 'not wanting to go' feeling, really really strongly, on Thursday night when all forecasts were hardening towards a near-certain mudbath (updates some other time, but prospects still look WELL dodgy). As some noticed, I got pretty depressed about it.

Now though, I've pulled myself together in a Northern type manner, I'm just resigned to wetness, and planning to concentrate even more than normal on sheltering in marquees, and alcohol! :p

Assume mudbath, and feel joy if we do slightly better, as is JUST possible.

It'll be a bundle of fun whateva!! And at least crustychick will be happy, the crusty dreaded weirdo ... :p

</Dunkirk spirit! Minus Evil Nazis to make things a bit easier ... >

Picked up my hire car today to cart down all our shite on Monday. Can't help thinking it's fundamentally wrong to turn up on site in a Mondeo (it was supposed to be an ickle Ka) :oops: :oops: :(

On the plus side more room in the boot for booze :cool: :cool:

nipsla said:
Picked up my hire car today to cart down all our shite on Monday. Can't help thinking it's fundamentally wrong to turn up on site in a Mondeo (it was supposed to be an ickle Ka) :oops: :oops: :(

On the plus side more room in the boot for booze :cool: :cool:

Well I'm turning up in a Transit minibus, so your measly Mondeo is relatively small, still!

Giles..

nipsla said:
Oooooh :D :p

It's not very rock and roll though :oops: Could be worse I spose and be a Lexus :eek: :D

Back in 2000 I turned up in a Lotus Elise, which is, I suppose, a tad more "rock and roll" although not v. practical for transporting stuff....

Giles..

Superape said:
Agh dammit we went out in search of those poncho type things but our proper Army surplus place had sold out (Wireless festival isn't far away from us this year lol).

jittug took me to some weird parallel universe today when we went into the army surplus place in brizzle - people who look like they dont normally venture too far from starbucks beating each other off ponchos in their desperation! it was packed :eek:

i didnt buy anything and felt smug. jtg went in normal and came out soldier!

wiskey said:
jittug took me to some weird parallel universe today when we went into the army surplus place in brizzle - people who look like they dont normally venture too far from starbucks beating each other off ponchos in their desperation! it was packed :eek:

i didnt buy anything and felt smug. jtg went in normal and came out soldier!

I had to go to Wimbledon today and popped into Millets to get a spare groundsheet. It was full of rugby shirted posh geezers and sloaney birds fighting over the last pair of wellies in the shop :eek: :eek: :D

Fucking amateurs :D

I feel like I should be going out, bit fucked and listening to a wicked DnB mix by DJ Zinc :D

But it's Glasto next week so I'm merely in training but not going to shoot me bolt early :)

innit - i got some money from my bank charges being refunded and suddenly derv needed a new rucksack and coat, we needed new sleeping bags (actually bought camping duvets), some new sock etc etc etc

ouch

and then today i bought myself a new handmade wool zip up hoody with fleece lining which i'm dead chuffed with :D

alef said:
Ooo-eee...

Wrong Music Secret Gig At Glastonbury Festival! COME SEE US!
Body: Wrong Music Invade Spunky Sound System Tent For A Pre Mashup Secret Party....
Located in the Jmarket area, stall j2/15 near the Pyramid stage.
http://www.spunky.co.uk/glasto2007.html

Thursday after 10pm!

Featuring:

Shitmat
Chevron
Syntheme
Mully
Demon Cabbage
DJ Tendraw

+ More

Look out for limited Edition Wrong Music @ Glasto CD and impromptu wrong busking sets around Glastonbury Festival to!
Im well up for this.

wiskey said:
i think/hope that one group of tallulah's were going to a fancy dress party and not glastonbury! they came out top to bottom SAS wannabe's

Unfortunately this lot were definitely going. I overheard one of the Sloane's saying how excited she was about seeing KT Tunstall :( :(

170k people, and your worried about this?? :rolleyes:

Maybe next year there should be profiling to see who is worthy of a ticket? ;)

Kanda said:

Nah - each to their own innit. I just have an irrational hatred of KT Tunstall ;)

Kanda said:

actually what i meant was that they came out in old style clothing - it wouldnt have kept them dry for 5 minutes at glastonbury.

nipsla said:
Unfortunately this lot were definitely going. I overheard one of the Sloane's saying how excited she was about seeing KT Tunstall :( :(
Imagenine them in the soaking mud soaked freezing rain with the wind tearing round and chilling to the bone and the only warmth sat huddled inside a tent while you can see your breath.

That should cheer you up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom