Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't be arsed to take food, to other festies I will but not glasto

can't be arsed, the food is ok, theres too much to be doing to be sat around the tent too much

I was right next to camp urban a couple of times but I wasn't going to visit you freaks. I think it was William, Stig, Moose, Aqua and that bees chap who persuaded me otherwise.

Bringing dense snacks - dried fruit, nuts etc. and some boxes of wine (take the bag out of the box to save space), but not meals. sod that, talk about hassle!

Crispy said:
Bringing dense snacks - dried fruit, nuts etc. and some boxes of wine (take the bag out of the box to save space), but not meals. sod that, talk about hassle!

Am I the only person who actually likes cooking when they camp? :(

I get a real kick out of it, brings out the scout in me. I'm having fantasies about catching and cooking my own mackerel soon when I get the time to learn to fish :)

PieEye said:
Anywhere else I'd agree with you. I'm just looking forward to my first ever glasto where money isn't an issue and I can afford to eat out and about...

Dubversion said:
but the breakfasts are shit and over-priced.

rather than queuing in the mud and spending 5 quid for a shit veggie banger made of crushed sweetcorn which i'll then have to eat standing up.

:)

i can honestly say that i've always been able to find a damn good breakfast that i can eat sitting down. when i've not been too wired on squidy base to even consider eating. the only criticism is the price.

and you call me a lightweight dammit, mr "i've got a nice truck to sit in" :D

PieEye said:

I get a real kick out of it, brings out the scout in me. I'm having fantasies about catching and cooking my own mackerel soon when I get the time to learn to fish :)
Absolutely, fish you caught on an open fire you built - can't be beat. But you're asking me to do all that, and marinate my brain in various juice and try and see 4000 live acts? No thanks, I'll take the easy option :)

PieEye said:

I love it :)

just not at glasto

Yeah, well mackerel are thin on the ground at Glastonbury so I have to make do with eggs and myco protein :(

I'm poor man's Mears aren't I?

PieEye said:
Yeah, well mackerel are thin on the ground at Glastonbury so I have to make do with eggs and myco protein :(

tbh, if ray rustled up something edible from the glastonbury site on Sunday lunchtime, I wouldn't eat it.

bluestreak said:
and you call me a lightweight dammit, mr "i've got a nice truck to sit in" :D

yep, but i won't be sitting in it until the sun is high in the sky.

whereas you'll be crawling into a sweaty little canvas pit just after Arctic Monkeys finish :p

PieEye said:

doll, i love you but you're not even a poor man's bear grylles.

Dubversion said:
yep, but i won't be sitting in it until the sun is high in the sky.

whereas you'll be crawling into a sweaty little canvas pit just after Arctic Monkeys finish :p

oh, you cad. why i oughtta....

*resolves to bring U2 records to PRoD*

DECLARE INDEPENDENCE
DECLARE INDEPENDENCE
MAKE YOUR OWN FLAG
DONT LET THEM DO THAT TO YOU

:cool:

I hope she plays that :D

yeah I wanted to track down some mushrooms specifically for bjork

(on which note: how easily available do you think they'll be? i'm sure there's a fuck load of grow kits in circulation, loads of enterprising hippys who picked a shit load but still there's probably a risk demand will badly outstrip supply)

is there a subtle hint to camp urban loaded into this post?

mate, jsut head along to the stone circle as the sun goes down. you'll be jsut fine.

i'm more concerned about the availability of decent pills.

and drRD, bjork headlines on the other stage so it should be as the sun goes down.

DrRingDing said:
I'll be there for Bjork :cool:

I hope she'll playing when it's dark or getting dark.

11pm on the Other Stage, when all the kids are watching Kasabian and AM's

(would quite like to see Kasabian :oops:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom