Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh lord. imagine being away from a computer for a few days & then coming back to emails... jeez, it's just like my various groups of mates & emailing.

boots of shiny shiny leather

Dale has a sore wrist from the vigerous polishing he has been doing

:)

sojourner said:
But have you WAXED them?

Put them in front of the Morso stove overnight to soften the leather up and rubbed loads of nickwax into them this morning, left that for several hours and then put a load of silicon based polish over the top of another layer of nickwax earlier. The result is pretty much waterproof docs :)

I could take my goretex boots but they're brown and my waterproof gear is black :oops: :D

firky said:
Dale has a sore wrist from the vigerous polishing he has been doing
areyoubeingserved_1.jpg

Waxed them, lined them with double plastic bags, wrapped yourself in three sheets of heavy duty polythene?

Even all that won't be enough by the look of things right now ...

Sorry to be on a downer folks, but you know my views about rain, cold and mud! :( :( ...

I'm fighting against being really fucking depressed about that prospect, actually :(

William of Walworth said:
Waxed them, lined them with double plastic bags, wrapped yourself in three sheets of heavy duty polythene?

Even all that won't be enough by the look of things right now ...

Sorry to be on a downer folks, but you know my views about rain, cold and mud! :( :( ...

I'm fighting against being really fucking depressed about that prospect, actually :(
Is rain on the cards then, surely not every bloody day :mad:

I am starting to get worried about the weather too, because I'd like teeps' and my mate who hasn't been before to see Glastonbury at its best and not its worst.

I would imagine you can pick it up at an army shop, yeah, I picked mine up at a local camping supplies. The direct spray is a bit cack I find, so I picked up the stuff that looks like cowgum. It is about £5 a shot.

MsShirlLaverne said:

Well its like this: It could be really nice but there's something going on over ireland which is going to make it rain. Lots. Hopefully a butterfly will flap its wings and we'll be basking in sunshine before long.

While I'm no fan of mud, I can safely predict I am going to have an amazing time, whatever the weather :cool:

I leave this Friday to go to Glastonbury and I'll be able to feel it get warmer as I go down south... I'll leave the rain up north.

firky said:
I'll be taking my Soreen :D
Me too. It's what the North was built on. I ain't cooking at Glasto - I'll be lucky if I make it back to the van anyway, if recent years are anything to go by.

Forgive my weather rant, I'm on a downer ...

MsShirlLaverne said:

Every single day, on nearly all up to date current projections anyway, but we're getting dangerously close. Rain every day seems likely between Saturday coming up and the end of the Festival. The Sunday (24th) possibly excepted. By which time the mud will be in full force, too late to dry out. Minging temperatures as well. If it gets to 20C at any time I reckon I'll consider us lucky, at this stage.

Sorry folks, I wasn't going to talk about this much if at all before Monday, mainly because you all point and laugh.

But prospects of a revival of 1997/98 style rain and mud is making me REALLY fucking miserable just now, it's not quite as bad when you're actually there with friends, alcohol and drugs, and I have enough experience to deal with it, and I go well equipped. Once there I'll cheer up a fair bit no doubt.

But right now, rain and cold and mud EVERY FUCKING DAY????

FFS!!!!! :( :(

Cheer me up please folks ... like all of you, I've been anticipating this fest for the last two years ... tis the big annual holiday, with weather likely to break up just around when I leave work (day after tomorrow) and probably nice weather resume just around when I go back on the 27th.

NOT FAIR!!!!! </Kevin ;) >

Skim said:
While I'm no fan of mud, I can safely predict I am going to have an amazing time, whatever the weather :cool:

So'm I, don't get me wrong, the anticipation of mud is probably worse than the reality if past mudbaths are anything to go by.

But no mud makes it so much EASIER ....

William, f'ck the weather. If it rains it just means you'll have to have twice as much fun as not to notice it :)

No more wearther talk, mmmkay?

ZIP!

ZIP IT :mad:

That's it! And breathe...... beer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom