Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
veracity said:
Having read that forecast I am now coming to terms with the fact that there will be mud.. I'm just worried cos my wellies don't have buckles... bah!:(

Am I looking at the same metcheck weather forecast as everyone else?

Looks like a few spots of rain but generally dry and cloudy :confused:

felixthecat said:
Am I looking at the same metcheck weather forecast as everyone else?

Looks like a few spots of rain but generally dry and cloudy :confused:
It's going to be raining most of Wednesday and Thursday, which means mud, and lots of it.

In Bloom said:
It's going to be raining most of Wednesday and Thursday, which means mud, and lots of it.

Not noah's ark type rain tho. Look at the deluge of two years ago, and see how fast that dried up.

I have faith.

I also have wellies and a full set of waterproofs.:D

Apparently, the fact that loads of us still haven't got tickets, and are likely to have to go and collect them in Shepton Mallet, isn't See's fault. So I'm looking for a scapegoat :mad:
*glares round the bulletin board*

how goes mr moose's whiskey skunk? you do realise i'm going to be trailing the two of you around until he lets me have a sip of that? :D

Tort said:
I got my shifts through at the weekend. Going to miss The Who & Cat Empire which I'm a bit miffed about but will be able to watch / listen to Bjork while I'm at work :) Other shifts are Thursday pm & Saturday morning. Only 16 hours in all so it's all a bit of a doddle really. :D

i got dervs today whilst packing the oxfam kit - PGB 07-15 thurs, 15-23 fri, 23-07 sat

which looks like he faired pretty well.

i have no idea of mine but we work a 12 on, 24 off rota tues am to mon am so i'm bound to be around at least some of the time.

I've just returned from a hard day's steward pack stuffing at the Oxfam festival office round the corner. You would not believe how much work goes into just that one aspect of the festival (1800 Oxfam stewards this year, all co-ordinated by three full timers at HQ).

Me and dervish will be working on Ped Gate B on Thursday morning, Saturday night and another time I can't remember :)

Edit - ah there we go, thanks wisks

moose said:
Apparently, the fact that loads of us still haven't got tickets, and are likely to have to go and collect them in Shepton Mallet, isn't See's fault. So I'm looking for a scapegoat :mad:
*glares round the bulletin board*

my pass didnt arrive either :(

Sadly not, reading that back that makes me look a bit cooler than I am(!), no he played me the CD in his car.
Don't worry about the weather folks... It'll be fun whatever.

Cam hasn't checked any of the weather and is refusing to even talk to me about it! :p

Just thought i'd say i have faith, even if it rains a bit it won't be too bad, and i maintain its gonna be ok...

*Made sure i'm packing wellies and a poncho all the same

Oh and i AM SO EXCITED it hurts....actually shaking a lil just thinking about it, i apologise in advance...

Beeswax's boots and looks at pressure charts.

This island of ours is geared up for unpredictable weather, its on the cusp of a north v south fight. A prediction can change in a day or less if the right conditions are met.

Wait till Monday, the 5 day forecast has moderate accuracy and then if its doom and gloom then its time to get pissed off.

Good, I'm looking forward to Iration Steppas seeing as I've never yet made it to University of Dub.

Or, if I'm in the mood, there's always Bong Ra :D

arse, do they clash? well, the roots stage will run late and they're directly opposite each other anyway.
Iration will be awesome, even if it's not their own rig

I imagine I'm going to spend a lot of time in the dance tents generally.

Breakbeat is completely over-represented, though. I don't mind the odd bit but it's relentless – look at Friday on the G Stage. (Is this the festival's breakbeat venue or something?)

My main gripe about the dance line-up is that there isn't enough dubstep/grime. Vex'd is going to be good, but there are so many others who should be there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom