Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm working from 11pm on Saturday night so I'll miss Andy C and possibly Bong Ra as well :(

Skim said:
I imagine I'm going to spend a lot of time in the dance tents generally.

Breakbeat is completely over-represented, though. I don't mind the odd bit but it's relentless – look at Friday on the G Stage. (Is this the festival's breakbeat venue or something?)

My main gripe about the dance line-up is that there isn't enough dubstep/grime. Vex'd is going to be good, but there are so many others who should be there...

i think the tents are quite genre based so the G Stage does serve that purpose, although i agree there's FAR too much.

generally though the Dance 'village' is such an improvement on the past - one huge tent for which there were no sufficiently big draw acts (any dance act that big got dumped on the biggest two stages anyway). this proliferation of smaller ones worked like a dream last time, AND takes the pressure off LV and the other late-night areas :)

JTG said:
I think I'm working from 11pm on Saturday night so I'll miss Andy C and possibly Bong Ra as well :(

Incidentally, to avoid such annoyances at Glade I am working on a cunning plan to ensure I get to enjoy BangFace night and everything else in the Overkill tent with no problems at all :D

Do you know if there's going to be any 24-hour stages/tents/bars in the dance village? I know there's stuff going on in LV but I may need something with a steady beat...

JTG said:
Incidentally, to avoid such annoyances at Glade I am working on a cunning plan to ensure I get to enjoy BangFace night and everything else in the Overkill tent with no problems at all :D

Bangface? Where and when are they on?

the Pussy Parlure stays open 24 hours, or at least closes very very early in the morning. It's not 'strictly' licensed all night but... ;)

moose said:
Apparently, the fact that loads of us still haven't got tickets, and are likely to have to go and collect them in Shepton Mallet, isn't See's fault. So I'm looking for a scapegoat :mad:
*glares round the bulletin board*

:eek: :confused:

First I've heard of this! Our tickets havent arrived yet. My mate did get an email on Monday saying 'delivery imminent', but we've still not recieved anything.
How likely is this gonna be?

eta: just read this from See-tickets, so I won't start getting angry just yet! :)

Tickets are still in the process of being despatched we anticipate that all tickets will be despatched by Friday 15th June. If you have not received them by Monday 18th June please contact us.

I was looking forward to seeing Amp Fiddler, but I think good weather would make it better seeing him, somehow.

Surgeon in the rain seems more appropriate :D

Skim: You're right about the breakbeat. I must have just blocked it out how much there was, but having had another look, it's breaktastic. I didn't realise people still listened to breaks much :confused:

Fez909 said:
I was looking forward to seeing Amp Fiddler,:

we saw him- by mistake - at Electric Picnic. I'm honestly not sure I've ever hated a live performer so much. Soulless, smug, joyless, humourless, stiff arrogant and as funky as a fetid dog corpse

mr steev said:
First I've heard of this! Our tickets havent arrived yet. My mate did get an email on Monday saying 'delivery imminent', but we've still not recieved anything.
How likely is this gonna be?
If you've had the email, they reckon on 2 - 3 days, by Royal Mail Special Delivery.

They've announced that any tickets not sent out in time will be taken to the overseas collection point in Shepton, so I'm guessing Friday is probably their cut-off point for despatch.

I haven't had the email, and we don't get any post on Saturdays, so I'm clinging to the thought that they will be sent out Friday and arrive in the post on Tuesday whilst I'm at work, meaning I can pick them up at the P.O. as we set out for the drive down. Otherwise we're fucked. As is WoW, who is expecting a lift on Wednesday morning. And Sojourner, whose tent we have.

Mr Steev, too.

I really think this will sort itself out for you moose, given my own experience (admittedly I was at a later stage of ticket dispatch than you). Good luck and keep hassling them!! Big style! They still have today and tomorrow to send them out (if they haven't already by now -- they may have). At least with Royal Mail Special you'd pretty definitely get a failed delivery card if you're not around, and won't run the risk of what happened to me -- attempted delivery by an SMS courier who contrary to my tracker, left no information about the attempt.

Don't worry at all about the lift, I can near-certainly get another from Glastonbury to Glastonbury if needs. We'll devise something clever for sojourner's tent as well. Collective moose/WoW brain power will ......

.... get us as far as a hmmmm over a virtual pint??? :p

:)

Fez909 said:
Skim: You're right about the breakbeat. I must have just blocked it out how much there was, but having had another look, it's breaktastic. I didn't realise people still listened to breaks much :confused:

I'm not a breaks hater, but... WE NEED BASS!

Looking forward to Surgeon too, esepcially after missing him at the Bloc Weekend.

:cool:

Hope everyone gets their tickets this weekend :(

Oh god, I just started crying. It was the fifth track on the new Bjork album. I knew she'd get me in the end :(

It is going to be an emtional Friday night, that's for sure :eek: :cool: :)

well after an evening of me being really rather stressy :oops:

and bees being told by seetickets yesterday they were being sent out today :rolleyes:

they arrived this morning first thing before we'd got up :cool:

*crosses fingers for everyone else too*

The line up in the Glade area itself (i.e. the proper old Glade, not the G-Stage) is rather sad - I was hoping for another of those amazing sets from Plaid or Aphex Twin under that lovely canopy of trees, but instead there's a load of psy-twaddle and chill-out.

And to my taste the G-Stage line-up isn't very exciting either. Apart from A Guy Called Gerald (unless I've missed something).

docus said:
but instead there's a load of psy-twaddle and chill-out.

:D

Pretty much describes half the Glade Festival itself. Luckily the other half is very good indeed.

And to my taste the G-Stage line-up isn't very exciting either. Apart from A Guy Called Gerald (unless I've missed something).

You don't like Bong Ra then? heathen!

docus said:
The line up in the Glade area itself (i.e. the proper old Glade, not the G-Stage) is rather sad - I was hoping for another of those amazing sets from Plaid or Aphex Twin under that lovely canopy of trees, but instead there's a load of psy-twaddle and chill-out..

Yeah, it's a shame about the Glade, isn't it? The only things I'm interested in are Buraka Son Sistema and Hexstatic...

aqua said:
well after an evening of me being really rather stressy :oops:

and bees being told by seetickets yesterday they were being sent out today :rolleyes:

they arrived this morning first thing before we'd got up :cool:

*crosses fingers for everyone else too*

glasto_2007.sized.jpg

:cool:

we shall go to the ball

Ok the secrets out in the local press apparently so I don’t feel so guilty about telling you lot now.

Michael let it slip on Sunday that "Portaloo Sunset" is a Banksy creation. He thinks it's wonderful but when asked if it would be a permanent fixture he said "I don't like it that much!" :D

Tort said:
Ok the secrets out in the local press apparently so I don’t feel so guilty about telling you lot now.

Michael let it slip on Sunday that "Portaloo Sunset" is a Banksy creation. He thinks it's wonderful but when asked if it would be a permanent fixture he said "I don't like it that much!" :D

Never let it be said that Glastonbury is merely a vehicle for self publicising twats who make vast amounts of cash out of very stupid Hoxton trendies :)

Skim said:
Yeah, it's a shame about the Glade, isn't it? The only things I'm interested in are Buraka Son Sistema and Hexstatic...

it's because that part of the site is the most prone to noise complaints, so they have to keep it fairly chilled..

Tort said:

oh, lol :D i had no idea that was what you were talking about :oops: i thought you meant something else completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom