Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
with any luck, exactly one week from now we'll be unpacking Truck.

Without any luck, we'll be in traffic near the Bath & West Showground or something :(

tastebud said:
i'm only joking, i don't mind really.

i'm excited too. in one week today i'll be on a coach with sparra & crispy - getting v pissed :D woo.
Not too pissed I hope - I ain't carrying your tent! :p

I have not got my tickets yet.....I think they are going to end up going to my mate who ordered them....which is nowhere near me or others !!! I think I will have a spare carparking ticket....as we all seemed to have ordered one.

bluestreak said:
i'm never in the dragon field. though i do pop in and visit a few times. nah, there's about 40 of us camping up behind the the cinema tent on high ground away from the crowds. we always camp up there. it's just.... better!

Not far for you to visit us then. Me, wiskers and derv should be in family camping somewhere. Do pop by for tea and spliffs :)

Dubversion said:
with any luck, exactly one week from now we'll be unpacking Truck.

Without any luck, we'll be in traffic near the Bath & West Showground or something :(

One week from now I could be on shift :eek:

Hope so anyway, I like getting the first one over and done with early. If I'm not, I'll be wandering around looking for brekky and watching our beautiful pristine site fill up with all these people :( :eek:

JTG said:
Not far for you to visit us then. Me, wiskers and derv should be in family camping somewhere. Do pop by for tea and spliffs :)

good call. it's the lime kiln field we're in. lovely views!

bluestreak said:
good call. it's the lime kiln field we're in. lovely views!

i compliment you on your choice of camping location sir :) lime kilns lovely and not too far from everything.

jukejointcolourlogo.jpg

you know this anyway, but we're doing Juke Joint in the Pussy Parlure (Dance Village) on Thursday between 9pm and 10.30pm.

i reckon you should all come :)

wiskey said:
i compliment you on your choice of camping location sir :) lime kilns lovely and not too far from everything.

innit. we'll either be in there or in wicket, depending on where the first arrivals think looks nicer!

it's a little out of the way, but you get space for a decent campfire for when you all get back in the early hours and want to tell your stories, you don't need to climb over millions of tents, it has a nice view, no flooding, decent toilets, and the walk keeps you fit! plus the cinema fields broadcasts weird noises across it all night, ideal for keeping the trippers entermatained!

ive never met anyone from here beforebut i shall be at the cider bus. i'll be the young mancunian with big ginger hair. cant be many people like me knocking about. someone say hello. i'm nice really (honest!) :cool:

ed:typo

johnnymarrsbars said:
ive never met anyone from here but i shall be at the cider bus. i'll be the young mancunian with big ginger hair. cant me many people like me knocking about. someone say hello. i'm nice really (honest!) :cool:

:(

(((((((((johnny))))))))

I'm fighting agasint the clock to rustle up a car battery-powered soundsytem for camp urban. fingers crossed :)

Crispy said:
I'm fighting agasint the clock to rustle up a car battery-powered soundsytem for camp urban. fingers crossed :)

if you work out how, let me know :D

i've got mp3 player, speakers and a T-Amp, and was then going to just depend on AA batteries

I like the look of Lime Kiln and Woodsies, but it's just too far away from the part of the festival I want to spend most time in. Quite good for the dance area though, withouth having to resort to camping in the horror of Oxlyers... :eek:

Dubversion said:
if you work out how, let me know :D

i've got mp3 player, speakers and a T-Amp, and was then going to just depend on AA batteries
Well, I've had a google and apparently, a car battery is 12V DC and will supply as many amps as the device wants to draw. I read a report of a guy running a T-amp for 100 hours with no need to charge the battery. Just rig the correct terminals of the battery up to the correct terminals on a plug for the power adaptor socket.

The only tricky bit is keeping the mp3 player charged. I'm banking on there being more than one music source available.

can you not charge the mp3 player from the battery while not at the tents? or is that risky?

and even if you can't, can you explain how i can? :D

well you'd probably need an inverter to turn 12V DC into 120/240V AC so you can plug the MP3 player's charger in. You can get one from maplin.

Dubversion said:
can you not charge the mp3 player from the battery while not at the tents? or is that risky?

and even if you can't, can you explain how i can? :D

Can you get car chargers for MP3 players?

Because if you can, I have the other end. The bit that would be attached to the car, wired to two croc clips. Clip these to your battery and off you go.

Which means I can also keep my phone charged off your battery, cheers chucks :D

Crispy said:
well you'd probably need an inverter to turn 12V DC into 120/240V AC so you can plug the MP3 player's charger in. You can get one from maplin.

but you don't need that for the t-amp?

i HATE electronics :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom