Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macabre said:
I remember someone saying there was a campsite in glastonbury town for tuesday night. Anyone got the details?

Isle of Avalon Campsite, a short walk from the town centre. Google that, but if needed ...

... use the email option on my profile, and I'll get back to you tomorrow with details. I'll be there Tuesday afternoon/night along with quite a few others :)

can anyone tell me if you can buy a car parking ticket when you arrive, or do you HAVE to pre-purchase? I have decided to take the motor after all.. and clearly have left it very late:oops:

bouncer_the_dog said:
can anyone tell me if you can buy a car parking ticket when you arrive, or do you HAVE to pre-purchase? I have decided to take the motor after all.. and clearly have left it very late:oops:

PM Tort ....

I have no idea on that one, but my near certain (but educated guess based) suspicion is you need to sort it in advance

William of Walworth said:
Isle of Avalon Campsite, a short walk from the town centre. Google that, but if needed ...

... use the email option on my profile, and I'll get back to you tomorrow with details. I'll be there Tuesday afternoon/night along with quite a few others :)

Email option :confused: or am I just being thick?

Sorry!!

Macabre said:
Email option :confused: or am I just being thick?

Oh bollocks, seem to have removed my email option a while back from my profile .... :oops: ;)

I'm about to PM you my email address .... haven't got access to campsite details right now, though. Will sort this tomorrow ....

oh "noez"!

forgot the effing car parking ticket. fook! i'll have to phone them tomorrow.

totally forgot about this thread as well. got our tickets on friday :cool:

hope everyone who hasnt got theirs gets them soon though.

no idea where im camping but will probably be at top of pennards if we can walk there.

I'm so glad I don't have to organise shit for Glastonbury. I just say I am going and things fall into place. If I had to organise stuff like car park tickets and that I'd never make it.

Thank fuck for mates :cool:

Likewise, I just send me form in to work there and Oxfam do the rest. They even bus me down there from Temple Meads :)

According to the festival forums there will be some Car Parking tickets available on site, but I wouldn't rely on it if possible.

There are some available on Ebay, but maybe make a post on the official forums saying you need one, someone may sell you one.

Just to top it off, the Seetickets checker seems to be broken now:
Here are the details from our database:

Sorry, there was an error processing your request. Please try again later.

I've just spoken to seeTickets, the last batch goes out tomorrow via Royal Mail, so people will need to be at home Friday morning to sign for them.

In a fit of sudden efficiency, I got an email saying that the tickets had been dispatched, the website started working, and the tickets just turned up on my desk.

All in the space of about an hour.

nosos said:
I presume so. In that I'm staying in mc's tent.

Can we call it camp maestro? :)

you can. the rest of us call it camp mndc :D

and you ani't in avalon bro, you're out in the sticks!

unless you guys have changed your minds about camping with us :(

beesonthewhatnow said:
Are you guys in the dragon field as usual?

i'm never in the dragon field. though i do pop in and visit a few times. nah, there's about 40 of us camping up behind the the cinema tent on high ground away from the crowds. we always camp up there. it's just.... better!

you don't ahve to if you don't want to.

can i just say that i'm so excited that i might actually wee myself if next wednesday doesn't hurry up and come along....

bluestreak said:
you don't ahve to if you don't want to.

can i just say that i'm so excited that i might actually wee myself if next wednesday doesn't hurry up and come along....
i'm only joking, i don't mind really.

i'm excited too. in one week today i'll be on a coach with sparra & crispy - getting v pissed :D woo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom