Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
moose said:
I'm rather hoping mine are by Royal Mail delivery this time, as the couriers fucked up rather spectacularly last time and took 3 days to redeliver. I won't have 3 days to play with, as ours aren't even despatched yet. :mad:

But hey, as See told one of my colleagues, 'Dont worry, the festival doesn't start till the Friday'. :rolleyes:

Or as the festival website says:
All remaining tickets will be sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery. It is expected that most tickets will be dispatched by June 14th.

Most! Most! They've had two fucking months to deliver the tickets!

(And the worst bit is I still know Royal Mail will fuck up a delivery to work...)

*seethe*

I dont think they send out the tickets to the last minute to make forgaries harder. The tickets are really easy duplicate, just need a giclee printer and a good scaner to overprint the photograph.

Their excuse for sending them out late-ish used to be to stop touting, which shouldn't apply this time. It's very difficult to forge them because of the special paper which they usually check by tearing to show the colour within, and they test them under UV on the turnstiles.

Do they? :O

Last year mine was torn off with out even so much as a glance of the ticket after all that fuss about citizen cards and passports. I Was well pissed off as I took my passport (which I don't like doing) and it was never needed.

Prior that it was legging it over the fence :D

I still reckon you could scrape away the photograph and overprint it with a giclee printer, the paper is about 250 wieght, init?

Near enough. It's made specially for the festival, different every year, IIRC.
Mine probably gets looked at more than yours because of going out to the campervan fields every day (or when I can be arsed :D)

well today they said they should arrive by the beginning of next week

:(

where do we camp if we can't get in on Wednesday?

on seetickets

Tickets are still in the process of being despatched we anticipate that all tickets will be despatched by Friday 15th June. If you have not received them by Monday 18th June please contact us.

Right - just heard that my ma has my tickets - hoo-bloody-ray!:D

Altho I can now walk with without crutches, I can't walk too far without my leg feeling like its going to fall off. I think my daughter will have to strap me to the sack trolley and wheel me everywhere:(

Tis getting better tho, so i still have hope.

Reading this stuff about late deliveries makes me agitated even tho I got mine today.

Do they not grasp that leaving it that late is not acceptable :mad: There's no margin for error, distance or people who are combining Glasto with a holiday.

I read on Efests (I think) about someone's wedding plans possibly being messed up because they were still waiting for their tickets :mad:

(((((all still waiting))))

Tickets are still in the process of being despatched we anticipate that all tickets will be despatched by Friday 15th June. If you have not received them by Monday 18th June please contact us.
That's pathetic. We don't even have a postal delivery on Saturdays. :mad: Every ticket I've ever bought from See has been a test of my patience.

Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994
Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, gives police the right to search people in a specific area at a specific time when they believe, with good reason, that there is the possibility of serious violence or that a person is carrying a dangerous object or offensive weapon. This power must be authorised by an officer of at least the rank of Inspector.
This law is used mainly to tackle football hooliganism and gang fights.
http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/news_info/police_operations/stopsearch/stop1b.htm

he's been away for the weekend and is still recovering :D I'm being told he's gonna do it this week :)

pennimania said:
Reading this stuff about late deliveries makes me agitated even tho I got mine today.

Similar reaction. I feel that some of us Inner Londoners and Outer Scottish Islanders :D may have been unreasonably discriminated in favour of ... :oops:

(((((all still waiting))))

I really hope it all gets sorted for you ((((others))))

Got mine today!

I remember someone saying there was a campsite in glastonbury town for tuesday night. Anyone got the details?

Section 60 stuff said:
Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994
Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, gives police the right to search people in a specific area at a specific time when they believe, with good reason, that there is the possibility of serious violence or that a person is carrying a dangerous object or offensive weapon. This power must be authorised by an officer of at least the rank of Inspector.
This law is used mainly to tackle football hooliganism and gang fights.

david dissadent said:

This is obviously dodgy, not to say bang out of order.

If applied ;)

But after many previous Glastos, I reckon the actual application of it will be far less concentrated in reality than the A & S Police (or whoever released the publicity about this ;) ) want us to believe, through their spin doctored press releases ... ;)

Just be sensible ;) and stay calm around the Fest and you'll probably be cool ...

Avon & Somerset Police's main priority will be to Stop That Evil Killer Menace** becoming dangerous ....

**Traffic ..

Paid security bods on the pedestrian gates will be .... erm ... "doing their job" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom