Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
paolo999 said:
Keep it going William... tis' all part of the build up, even if it can't be taken too seriously at this stage. :)

Cheers!! :)

Willing to bet a billion, squillion pounds and a free pint of Cider** that the number of regulars on this thread will be unidentifiably small , who will NOT be checking at least one of those links between now and when they leave their home (Urban75 ;) ) for Glasto. They won't be able to resist the need to have a peek or at one/some/all of them,

All part of the service ;)

**Part of that bet may not be true ... :p

Skim said:
Here's a vintage pic I found of William doing the forecast for the 1971 Glastonbury Festival:

1.jpg

Note sturdy suede jacket for storage of Watney's Party Seven and jazz cigarettes...

Worryingly, I really like that jacket and would like one now.

PS

Can the kid on the gate not nip my skin when using the press to attatch my wrist bandr or I'll do more than swear in pain this time.

TIA

Joe gets angrier ...

paolo999 said:
I've just noticed that one of Accuweather's forecasters is called "Joe Bastardi".

I've not clicked through, but presumably he says something like "It's going to rain every fucking day, and you are all a bunch cunts." :)

Latest update ;) : It's going to be hot and sunny every bastard day, and you're NOT going to get fucking rained on, infuriatingly, you stupid fucking hippy cunts!!

:D :p

Skim said:
How's this for a rumour:

Tony Blair to end his farewell tour with a lil' evening in Pilton. Apparently he's going to join "a popular British beat combo" for a jam on his Fender, then will be joining Cherie for a game of roulette down at Lost Vagueness.

You heard it here first.
now that is a very ugly rumour

(sorry someone had to :( )

scifisam said:
Worryingly, I really like that jacket and would like one now.

Yeah, I thought it was rather dapper. I don't suit jackets though - too skinny, I look like a Jewish Jarvis :(

Just a nose on legs :(

William of Walworth said:
See 3929 (previous page)... <sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip!>[/SIZE]

I can see a new career for you: festometeorologist :cool:

Rob McElwee can kiss your grits.

bouncer_the_dog said:
Even in the storm :eek: :confused:

Hell no, I was in a tent by then. I did sleep through it though, something to do with several skunk truffles, countless spliffs and half a bottle of JD after being in the sun all day. I was more than slightly toasted :)

Slept where I fell on the Wednesday and Thursday nights.

Sunray said:
Everyone checked their tents?

Checked it?

I fucking tested it!!! :eek:

30 hours of pretty much non stop rain, some very heavy, at my miniscule hippyfest in Kent, between the early hours of Sunday morning, and when I left site at 11 am Monday, the Bank Holiday weekend.

A mindless 19 year old said:
Oh but the weather is booorrrring and it doesn't matter whether it's muddy or sunny and I feel it in my bones that it'll be hot and we need a few 'light showers' to 'damp down the dust' and we'll have a fucking great time whatever the conditions .... OMG!!!!1!!!1!!! I'm so 'exited' ... <drivel ... blither .... drone> .... :rolleyes:

Youth today. They love displaying that DUNKIRK SPIRIT!!!!

Ie when early prospects of actual EVIL, ARMED NAZIs at this year's Glastonbury is low .... <this forecast comes to you with 35% confidence>

;)

William of Walworth said:
Then we come to the US based Accuweather, but they're the only people who can 'forecast' specifically for PILTON ... again probably computer modelled, but being nicer to us (at the moment) ...
[[/SIZE]

Great work William but I'd hate to see what the forecast was like if they were being horrible to us! - I suppose that's what to expect with a weatherman called JOE BASTARDI:D

<feeling slightly smug as I'm going to have a campervan this year:cool: >

pagan said:
Great work William but I'd hate to see what the forecast was like if they were being horrible to us!

The details on that Accuweather link have been radically changed since I posted it yesterday:( :mad:

uk.weather.com has also got worse ... :( (see post 3955 fo these).

And the first of the two Netweather forecast I posted in the first of my two posts, 3950 (not the text-based Netweather one, that's yet to be updated from Saturday) now shows some rain and also quite strong winds every day ... :mad:

But these links are ever changing. If that's your bag, keep checking em. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom