Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
photo of the site (sunday 10th)

540505809_da911521f4.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glastonburyleftfield/540505809/in/set-72157600338670334/

sooo green

Has anyone else heard THE rumour?

Whatcha reckon, true or false?

No tickets and I go to the ball on friday :(

Is it just me or are they leaving the dispatch of tickets a bit late this year.

From TOS: "It is expected that most tickets will be dispatched by June 14th."

Given that a lot of people will be setting off before Wednesday morning, that leaves 4 post days (Fri, Sat, Mon, Tue) from dispatch to arrival, assuming nothing goes wrong and that people are in when they they try to deliver.

The only recourse in case of non-appearance seems to be to phone SeeTickets.

At what point should you panic? Mine are still showing "will be dispatched shortly". Fingers crossed....

It's fucking shoddy they are leaving so late.

That's all.

I'm still awaiting my pm from tort and for firky to cough up the rumours :mad:

I have not yet had an email....my mate got my tickets so I have emailed him just to enquire. I plan to depart home next Wednesday.....I feel like Im not ready but I have a day off tomorrow to work on the 'list'.

Im nervously excited.......:D .....

There's a rumour that there's a rumour of a rumour, but I don't know which rumour is true.

aqua said:

(Doesn't look TOO bad now, but around the Saturday just gone I think, they were predicting 100mm of rain before/during the fest)!

Only rely on Metcheck if you fetishise ever changing, yet generally ultra-pessimistic random computers, rather than humans. Computers which are overdosed on statistical models, projections extended on awhim from previous years' patterns, and drugs, principally acid. And go for Metcheck if you actively like rain and mud at Glasto and if you prefer max. temperatures to be lower than any others that any other website considers likely ... or possible ...

Currently, you can pick and choose your weather for Glasto, today's predictions are fluctuating so wildly! Fancy mainly dry, often sunny weather? You could have it (but with very modest temps) say some. Fancy lots of rain and mud? Some others suggest you can have that too. Fancy a guarenteed dry, guarenteed heatwave? You can't, but that may materialise soon++ ...

++just possibly, on the outside fringes of improbability at this stage though ... :(

More mystified guesses made by mutually contradictory weather people later ... with links ... it's all complicated ... :p

For now I'm practising for a wet Glasto**. Beer is the main method ... :p

**Worst case scenario .. anything less than a mudbath will be a bonus, at this stage!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom