Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooo I've just been on a bit of a spree - got 2 fantastic ponchos (practical as FUCK - studded sides, the lot), and some longjohns for me and the girl :D

Now, I never did make the Guides, only went Brownies twice, but I WILL be PREPARED :D :D

Skim said:
In which case, remember to pack:

bucket.gif

;)
Jesus mate Id watch carrying that thing around. There is a fucking huge angry sealion dude looking for one that looks just like that......

MsShirlLaverne said:
Longjohns :eek:

and there's me scowering the charity shops for a sequinned evening dress for Velouria :rolleyes:

You'll not be needing longjohns chuck :D
Eh, it gets cold at night! I feel the cold! (and will have a cheap sleeping bag)

And you can always wear your long johns under your sequinned evening dress Soj.

:D at the thought of Sojourner in a sequinned evening dress :D

felixthecat said:
And you can always wear your long johns under your sequinned evening dress Soj.

:D at the thought of Sojourner in a sequinned evening dress :D
Heh, dress...yeh riiiight :D

You should see my poncho though - the hoods ace on it, as well as the studded sides :D

Dubversion said:
why is that surprising? she's ok, and she's played there before with Ash

Its just that she is down as Indie, but I hear something in between Indie and straight pop. Not the greatest singer, sounded like she was trying too hard.

When I heard it it was 20 bands into a marathon listening fest of which some I thought were great, so she really stood out.

Cute though, I quite liked Holy Fuck, so if she's on when they are, i'd stay to see if she's better in real life.

I'm picking up repeated but frustratingly unverifiable talk of the weather being fairly likely to improve a lot in June. Really hope this is true ... :)

Not so long now before the serious weather chat! :eek: :oops: ;)

You have been warned ... :p

david dissadent said:
Jesus mate Id watch carrying that thing around. There is a fucking huge angry sealion dude looking for one that looks just like that......

There's gonna be sealions at Glastonbury too? Woo-hoo! :cool:

William of Walworth said:
I'm picking up repeated but frustratingly unverifiable talk of the weather being fairly likely to improve a lot in June. Really hope this is true ... :)

You have been warned ... :p

Glasontbury Festival Forecast hopes to have the first detailed festival forecast on line very soon, just as soon as the editor can be arsed to get the beautiful prose what I wrote on the site!

I don't take any heed of weather forecasts until at least a week before - even then it is taken with a pinch of salt

You have been warned ...
The Netweather people have given the Glastofestivalforecast free access to their premium forecasting widgets and gizmos, so I'm expecting unerring accuracy from them now.

Hello all, BTW. :)

Fancy dress in the 27C temps, Cakes? :p
Hehe!

I bet you 50p it's going to be at least a little bit rainy though.

And it's important for us barstaff to be properly equipt. Half the WBC got washed out last time, you'll be glad of welly ready barmaids when all the bars are under 2 foot of mud!

in 2005 i had atent borrowed of my nieghbour.. i put it exactley where the torrent of water would later flow through pennards. Unfortunatley it leaked, it was abit like if someone had put a garden sprinkler inside my tent.

This year I am going to take one of these:

Inflatable_Life_Raft.jpg

Has anyone checked the ticket tracker on See lately? A few people (myself included) are getting the message:

"Tickets are in stock and will be despatched shortly"

and they display your ticket number as well! Mine is 4396*. :D

Ladies & gentlemen, and William, it gives me great pleasure to unveil what we believe to be the first detailed forecast of the weather for Glastonbury Festival 2007, with many & huge thanks to the lovely people at Netweather.

You won't like it much, but it is neither brilliant nor disastrous, and is also subject to some considerable change given that the festival is still just over a month away.

If you can't be bothered to wade through Glasto Festival Forecast, just think "meh" followed by "optimistic wavy hand gesture" followed by "meh".

Riff said:
Has anyone checked the ticket tracker on See lately? A few people (myself included) are getting the message:

"Tickets are in stock and will be despatched shortly"

and they display your ticket number as well! Mine is 4396*. :D

Me too :)

<but starts to worry about being in when ticket man arrives>

nope not checked, going to have a surprise :D

although its just dawned on me how fucking close it is to glasto :eek: I've lost about a month :eek:

*looks at pile of work on desk and panics*

Cider 'n' drugs (trio of ice creams in a brandy snap basket)

Something to help get in the mood on this sunny day...

476965790_b8ffb91fd7.jpg

aqua said:
....although its just dawned on me how fucking close it is to glasto :eek:

D'you know, that hit me today. I'm here in germany for 4 weeks until June 16th which seems a really short time - but thats the weekend before Glastonbury!!!!!!!!!

I swear to god ticket day was only yesterday..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom