Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
bouncer_the_dog said:
The camper van field is accessed via a remote exit and up a bastardingly steep hill. You're better off camping!
Everyone goes on about the 'hill of death' :confused:
I'm a fat, old, asthmatic smoker and I get back to the van with no problems, so it can't be that bad. The youth of today!

Mrs Wife is currently searching eBay for classy sequined dresses & feather boas. We are intending to dress correctly for Dame Shirley, oh yes.

Skim said:
I think I might go and stay in Camp Kerala and be spoon-fed organic dhal by a local farmhand boy wearing a kimono.

My bed:

Camp%20Kerela2.jpg
Hey you can get in satalite TV and watch it from the bed. Just like you never left home.

Superape said:
Mrs Wife is currently searching eBay for classy sequined dresses & feather boas. We are intending to dress correctly for Dame Shirley, oh yes.

Good idea, I've got a couple of boas and I'm going to start a sequined dress hunt :D Not sure I'll wear it open to the bum like what Dame Shirl does :oops:

Superape said:

Hmmmmm..... nice idea. Unfortunately what would be a classy sequined dress on someone else would have me looking like a disco ball:eek: :eek:

I can manage the boas tho:)

firky said:
Give me a bottle of cider, a few spliffs and a pretty girl and am happy as a pig in shite. Where ever I maybe - yes I am that shallow :D

i like the cut of your jib mr firky!

bouncer_the_dog said:
The camper van field is accessed via a remote exit and up a bastardingly steep hill. You're better off camping!
We camped in a van once. I was preggers and didnt want to rough it in a tent.

*shakes head*

Never again. The walk to the site is bad enough, but after all day of walking around and standing and watching and dancing, the walk back up later is a right pain in the arse. Its not that steep, just constant imo. Plus there were lots of mean looking people hiding and we got worried about getting mugged.

I had more backache during that walk than if I had slept in a tent.

Superape said:
You could just spray yourself gold from top to toe. ;)

felixthecat said:
Hmmmmm..... nice idea. Unfortunately what would be a classy sequined dress on someone else would have me looking like a disco ball:eek: :eek:

I can manage the boas tho:)

I think we need an urban tribute to Shirley collective :D I'm going to buy up any sequined frocks I come across on my charity shop visits. If I come up with your size, you have to wear it :cool:

this is all sounding like plans and thinking and effort

you know you're going to glasto don't you? field + cider + mates = happy

MsShirlLaverne said:
I think we need an urban tribute to Shirley collective :D I'm going to buy up any sequined frocks I come across on my charity shop visits. If I come up with your size, you have to wear it :cool:
I think I'm about a 20 or 22 :p :D

So, if you cast an eye on the rumour mill for the line up over at efestivals or where ever you want to look, what are people recommendations for bands to watch?

Sunray said:
So, if you cast an eye on the rumour mill for the line up over at efestivals or where ever you want to look, what are people recommendations for bands to watch?

Line up looks shit to me (opinion, not fact of course). I'm just going to be with my mates and have a crack.

there's quite a few people i want to see spread around the lineup. the dance lineups a bit shit at the moment though, apart from surgeon, shitmat and bongra.

To be honest though, as long as i see bjork, modest mouse, beirut, arcade fire and buena vista social club (if they actually play) then I'll be quite happy. :)

boing! said:
the dance lineups a bit shit at the moment though,
First they got rid of the crusties now there gonna get rid of the ravers in a year or two there will be a really big crack down on drug taking. It will slowly morph into an indie-disney type event, more for the cameras of the BBC than the old school party types and politiacaly active people.

But to be fair there are so many alternatives inspired by it that the real legacy lives and breaths throught the country.

E2A Id so fucking love to see country side alliance crew at glasto.... they were made for each other in a way.

William of Walworth said:
Come along, ,please. We'll be gentle with yer :D :)

Not that ban-happy one? ;)
Nah the official one, but yeah Im quite up for an urban meet. Ive avoided e-pesterars mostly. Other than for line ups and shit.

Ive actualy managed to get banned from a board was moderating.

firky said:
Give me a bottle of cider, a few spliffs and a pretty girl and am happy as a pig in shite. Where ever I maybe - yes I am that shallow :D

Well two out of three of those won't be bad for me .... <omits cider :D ... optimism eh? :rolleyes: at self .... >

;) :)

david dissadent said:
Nah the official one, but yeah Im quite up for an urban meet. Ive avoided e-pesterars mostly. Other than for line ups and shit.

Ive actualy managed to get banned from a board was moderating.

You'll be banned from Glastonbury at that rate ... :eek: :p

William of Walworth said:
The site won't be empty though ... so many opportunities ... :p
Thats what the politics threads are for. Mint for an argumentative cunt like me.

(just stuck on the orbital at glasto 04 How fucking good......)

I'll fight you :)

I've just been getting excited at the thoughts of the new Live at the Jazzworld Stage CD, till I realised the cunt Cullum is on it. ("Who?" you all cry) :mad:

moose said:
I'll fight you :)

I've just been getting excited at the thoughts of the new Live at the Jazzworld Stage CD, till I realised the cunt Cullum is on it. ("Who?" you all cry) :mad:

i remember a bunch of us - wolfie, the editor and eme, and more - trying to see Aphex Twin in the Glade. He cancelled so we went a-wanderin' till Toots came on. All we could hear was that Jazz Hobbit wanker wherever we went :(

I had to sit through a full show at the Bridgewater Hall cos a family member gave us tickets as a *present* :eek:

Nearly bricked the bastard, but he was too small a target and I didn't want to hurt the Steinway. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom