Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 22 year old nephew has got a job on the Oxfam crew, I've just found this out .... he's entirely new to Glasto! :eek:

A bit of me is quite envious of those experiencing Glastonbury for the first time ... :cool:

William of Walworth said:
My 22 year old nephew has got a job on the Oxfam crew, I've just found this out .... he's entirely new to Glasto! :eek:

A bit of me is quite envious of those experiencing Glastonbury for the first time ... :cool:

It always gives a warm glow watching the newbies arrive - especially the young ones with their shiny new rucksacks, awestruck faces, tanned taut young bodies..erm..moving on....

A dark, dark part of me loves seeing the utterly unprepared try to cope with Glastonbury. Sunburnt in flip-flops with bin bags tapped up their legs against the mud, wincing with horror as they try porta-loo door after porta-loo door...

It's wrong, but it makes me laugh!!

my east london mates have recently added a contingent of antipodeans who are about to experience their first glastonbury. it'll be sweet to watch!

Superape said:
It always gives a warm glow watching the newbies arrive - especially the young ones with their shiny new rucksacks, awestruck faces, tanned taut young bodies..erm..moving on....

:D :p :rolleyes:

<Superape, in 'Uncle Superape' mode : "Would you like for me to show you, erm , 'around' ' :p >

Cakes said:
A dark, dark part of me loves seeing the utterly unprepared try to cope with Glastonbury. Sunburnt in flip-flops with bin bags tapped up their legs against the mud, wincing with horror as they try porta-loo door after porta-loo door...

It's wrong, but it makes me laugh!!

Their problem this year will be their excessive sunburn though!! ;)

The portaloo problem will be worse ... :p

I'm very proud of the fact that at last year's glastonbury, the laces of my boots were dry to the touch throughout (the bits you have to touch, anyway)

There's also a delicate balance between carrying enough stuff with you to be prepared for any situation and carrying so much shite you lose it/can't find the right thing when munted.

Money in there, drugs in there, torch in there, lighter there. Sorted.

Well, if it does rain (altho it won't, will it William?) my wet weather gear is tried and tested. I spent all of yesterday afternoon in a field in the pouring rain, occasionally wading thru mud and I remained toasty warm and dry.

Of course, I will also be taking my sunscreen and floppy hat, whatever the forecast:)

Crispy said:
torch in there, lighter there. Sorted.
Sounds like you need one of Uncle Rich!'s patented torch-lighters. Pissing off people trying to sell or give away promotional lighters since ... ooh ... last year...

*goes to PoundLand to see if they're in stock this year*

felixthecat said:
Well, if it does rain (altho it won't, will it William?) my wet weather gear is tried and tested. I spent all of yesterday afternoon in a field in the pouring rain, occasionally wading thru mud and I remained toasty warm and dry.

hmm, so did I and I found my coat let in the damp. The lining is in shreds and I'm afraid it maight be a bit past it. Now it was a fairly exceptional downpour, but if you spot a newbie in a shiny new coat at the festival, it might be me.

Ahem!!!!

Stig said:
I look forward to writing my name in the snow, and doing 'how high can you piss up a wall' competitions. :cool: :D

Dunno about the pee faster than it can drain thing, but I'm sure we'll all keep you updated, since you have such an investigative interest. :p

Have just received mine and of course, promptly tried it out - its an ace little device. And its all soft and squidgy so you can fold it up and put it in your pocket. However, it does take a good hard flick to get all the drops of wee off.........

I want some snow now so I can write my name :cool:

DISCLAIMER: THis was not a full blown night on the pear cider wee, so i can't vouch for it's capabilities for dealing with a 2litre deluge.

felixthecat said:
Have just received mine and of course, promptly tried it out - its an ace little device. And its all soft and squidgy so you can fold it up and put it in your pocket. However, it does take a good hard flick to get all the drops of wee off.........

I want some snow now so I can write my name :cool:

DISCLAIMER: THis was not a full blown night on the pear cider wee, so i can't vouch for it's capabilities for dealing with a 2litre deluge.

I got mine a few days ago, and it's great. :D

tried it in the shower, then tried it in the toilet, then went out for a walk and when it came to the big moment, I went '...naah, don't trust it' and went the normal way. :confused:

Probably need more practice to be able to trust that it definitely works. It's all very well in your house where if it does go wrong you can get changed and wash everything straight away, it's a bit more risky in the middle of a park miles from home though. :D

I'm going to wait until I need a good wee, and then try weeing in the compost bin. :D

BTW My neighbours can't overlook my compost bin so I should be safe from prying eyes (except those of my kids who think its a right laugh):D

aqua said:
is it really that good?

It's not bloody bad actually, no spillage at all, and it does sort of flick dry. But you do have to pull your jeans down a bit, you can't just shove it in through the flies.

Stig said:
you can't recycle 18 pints into it.

In which case, remember to pack:

bucket.gif

;)

aqua said:
hmmmm I'm still not convinced :oops:
I've just this second bought one

My main concern is that I won't have to hover over vomit/shit-drenched bog seats without touching the walls. Damn near impossible task even when sober. Shaky knees!!!

I've warned me mate.

And err, is it wrong of me not to be THAT bothered if I get a drop or 2 of my own urine on my own clothes? It's just a bit of wee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom