Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
aqua said:
that's very true :)

I'm not banned by the way over there and missed all the hoo ha too

I'm not banned, but I plan to ban myself from work access to EF after Glasto's over.

Of late I've been posting far too much there in work hours as the frstival season has got nearer, and it's become a bit of a worktime substitute for Urban -- that's much more of a comment on myself than on either forum! :eek:

(Would have banned myself straight after the Bank Holiday just gone, but just found out that the boss is away for a fortnight in late May/early June -- pre Glasto -- come on! :p )

Ladies & Gentlemen, we have a map:

fineguidemap2007finalversion-1.jpg

Courtesy of Infoman on TOS

Updated the link above with a better and larger image, but it still isn't very good

(800kb in size!)

Quote from the Grauniad:

***Glastonbury's Park life
Tue 8th May 07

Glastonbury Festival Glastonbury Festival 2007

Glastonbury Festival organiser Emily Eavis has told The Guardian about the plans for the Park area, which is new this year.

Sited on a field in the adjoining Park Farm that her ancestors farmed before they moved to Worthy Farm, Emily said "I really wanted it to be a late-night destination that wasn't too full-on, where people can go and relax".

"A lot of people don't want to be billed as doing a full set, but if they're there they want to play," she added. There will also be a handful of pianos scattered around the field for allcomers to congregate around.

Emily revealed that acts including The Aliens, Jamie T, Spiritualized Acoustic Mainlines, Lou Rhodes, Kate Nash, and Chas & Dave, would all be playing. Emily exclusively told eFestivals Saturday night will be a huge African themed jam going by the name Africa Express, using specially booked musicians as well as any she could round up that were playing on the other stages over the festival.

Other acts expected to play in this stage include Damian Marley, Iration Steppas, Toumani Diabate & Symmetric Orchestra - all as part of African Express we think, as well as Fionn Regan, Gruff Rhys, Mark Lanegan (with Isobel Campbell?), and The Earlies.

Sounds bloody fabby!!!

Superape said:
Quote from the Grauniad:

***Glastonbury's Park life
Tue 8th May 07

Other acts expected to play in this stage include Damian Marley, Iration Steppas, and The Earlies.

Sounds bloody fabby!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sort of like the side bit of LV, with that piano and the random stalls and bars. A place to go at 5am when the drugs haven't worn off yet :)

Dubversion said:
Just spoke to my mate Al from Back To The Planet, they're playing twice - Leftfield Stage and The Chapel
Back to the Planet, cor blimey; I was trying to track down the song of theirs that's on the 1995 film last night ... Didn't know they were still going :)

Velouria said:
Back to the Planet, cor blimey; I was trying to track down the song of theirs that's on the 1995 film last night ... Didn't know they were still going :)

They've recently reformed.
I was watching that '95 film the other day... memories. Spotted my mate in the crowd but not a very drunk and stoned me :D

The tune you're on about is 'I blame the turtles'. Not their best by far imo. I've got their album on mp3 if you want? PM me :)

Dubversion said:
Just spoke to my mate Al from Back To The Planet, they're playing twice - Leftfield Stage and The Chapel

:cool: :cool: :)

Just been looking at Velouria's enlarged version of the map.

<nerdworthy mode> I'm fairly sure the position of the toilets/water point, alleged to be at the bottom of the Dragon Field on the map, will turn out to be inaccurate ...
They put the toilets on the map there prior to the festie last time, but exactly that space was occupied instead by some dirty green old Army marquee or other ;) and the toilets were actually on the path between the two halves of the field, near the gap in the hedge into William's Field ....

:)

And the main Tipi Village is now outside the supafence as we expected, pretty much at the position we were speculating on, much earlier in this thread.

But they still label the old Tipi Field ... 'Tipi Field'

Hnmmmmm :p

New 'The Park' areas (where Emily will be arranging for all those cool sounds) : on the far side of Pennards s you head away from the Green Roadshow direction ,....

Can't bleedin wait to do my first, second, third and also nos . 4-37 of the festie wander/site explore, 2007 .... :cool: :)

Glad to see that my ultimate favourite field, the Green Crew field, looks unaffected ... :)

William of Walworth said:
And the main Tipi Village is now outside the supafence as we expected, pretty much at the position we were speculating on, much earlier in this thread.

But they still label the old Tipi Field ... 'Tipi Field'

Hnmmmmm :p

'parantly there will still be tipis in the old field. Not sure how this fits in with the new "games" initiative however.

... no resale then?

That's rumours for you ;)

Thank goodness i never embarrassed myself by posting it up on TOS's '24 Hour Resale Watchtower' thread, although I was waiting for someone else to then I could add confirmation ... :)

As previously promised, I have put a video of footage from Glastonbury 1986 up on my Bittorrent tracker. I am afraid it is HUGE though (3.4 gig) ... Those who are patient will be rewarded though ;)

http://rustic-place.demon.co.uk:6969/

Glastonbury 1986 DVD

This is an audience recording and is approx 145mins.
I got this approx 20 years ago from the person who filmed it.
Not all songs are complete as the person filming only seemed to film the songs they liked.
Some are filmed closer than others depending on where the filmer was standing.
This was filmed over the 3 days of the festival.
I tried to do screenshots but it didnt work so gave up.
Has menus and chapter points.

Howard Hughes - 1 song
That Petrol Emotion - 1 song
Waterboys - 6 songs (Removed)
Pogues - 6 songs
Ruby Turner - 1 song (Removed)
Psychadelic Furs - 1 song
Frank Chickens - 1 song
Ted Chippington - 2 songs
Fuzzbox - 1 song
Black Uhuru - 2 songs
Half Man Half Biscuit - 3 songs