Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a plastic funnel thing which is about 70p from Asda and a plastic bottle. When I 1st started doing this I felt a bit skanky.....but I have poorly kidneys and my need to pee is probably 10x greater than it used to be...esp. when I have had a few. Now I just need to buy/ borrow a tent as my last one did not have its own separate porch and I def. felt all sorts of wrongness peeing in my tent. I have also made the decision to drive ....I have only been driving for 3 years and the thought of driving back was scary...Im normally asleep all the way back....but my mate has offered to navigate and share the pain.

Good luck Mr Editor :)

han said:
It's a shame that Glasto seems to be less into having small, independent and quirky organisations represented these days....eg in the green fields, Tinker's Bubble/The Land Is Ours had a stall for many years, representing the cause of eco-villages and landrights, and now Michael Eavis is not interested :(
Um, just in the interests of balance: post-fence, the festival started to reconsider the numbers of passes given to all traders/groups, and Tinker's Bubble were particularly pissed off at their allocation. One of their members at the time posted quite aggresively about Eavis on a festival forum, and declared that unless they were all given passes, they'd take themselves elsewhere.

moose said:
Um, just in the interests of balance: post-fence, the festival started to reconsider the numbers of passes given to all traders/groups, and Tinker's Bubble were particularly pissed off at their allocation. One of their members at the time posted quite aggresively about Eavis on a festival forum, and declared that unless they were all given passes, they'd take themselves elsewhere.

Don't mess with the Eavis:

clinteavis.jpg

It seems the Gates will be open at 8am on the Wednesday this year. I trust you'll all keep the noise down as I shall probably be having a lie in. :D

Tort said:
It seems the Gates will be open at 8am on the Wednesday this year. I trust you'll all keep the noise down as I shall probably be having a lie in. :D

Aargh! I'm planning on going up the Tor Tuesday night until sunrise (4am?). Is it even worth going to bed before the short trip to Pilton? :eek:

felixthecat said:
Couldn't resist it - bought one!

But did you see the gift packs? I don't think I'd quite know what to say if I unwrapped that on Christmas morning:eek: :D

i just bought one too. :D

How much for a small but of plastic though? :eek:

still, will be a useful bit of kit. :cool:

firky said:
What are you talking about?

You only have to go to the top of the page you lazy bastard :p

one of these

means you can have a wizz in the park on the way home from the pub without showing your arse to all the traffic.

probably not much use to you firks, unless you're really really stuck for a silly hat...

I thought it was, I just wasn't sure what a "hydrophobic urine director" is. Does that mean you can write your name in the snow like boys? :)

Question: Do you not pee faster than it can drain? You need a one way valve on it.

Without trying to sound crude, when my ex went to the loo it sounded like someone pouring a bucket of water into the toilet from a great height.

pennimania said:
omg!:eek: :(

is that really true? I haven't been in touch with the Bubble for a bit :(

Yep - I'm afraid so...at least that's what Simon said when I last spoke to him, about a year ago....

William - I see what you're saying about Michael Eavis not knowing the minutae of the details of who's in or out of the greenfields - I guess he's too high up in the organisational structure of Glasto to be deciding on every little thing. Yep - 'tis a consequence of the superfence, I fear. It takes a bit of the character away, but adds safety and a more chilled vibe. Half a dozen of one and 50 of the other I guess....

moose said:
One of their members at the time posted quite aggresively about Eavis on a festival forum, and declared that unless they were all given passes, they'd take themselves elsewhere.

Gawd. I didn't know about that.

Hey - did you know about the European Scythe Festival that the Bubble lot organise? :D It sounds ace....

firky said:
I thought it was, I just wasn't sure what a "hydrophobic urine director" is. Does that mean you can write your name in the snow like boys? :)

Question: Do you not pee faster than it can drain? You need a one way valve on it.

Without trying to sound crude, when my ex went to the loo it sounded like someone pouring a bucket of water into the toilet from a great height.

I look forward to writing my name in the snow, and doing 'how high can you piss up a wall' competitions. :cool: :D

Dunno about the pee faster than it can drain thing, but I'm sure we'll all keep you updated, since you have such an investigative interest. :p

The website swears that isn't a problem, if it turns out that it is, I shall be getting them to helicopter me in some clean jeans to Glastonbury.

Wiilliam - if you want to be there when the gates open, you'd best make your own way - mr moose won't be distracted from his breakfast and cafes in Glastonbury run on hippy time :D :p

As for the weeing device, what do you do with it when it's been used? Put it in your pocket, wet? :eek:

Stig said:

one of these

means you can have a wizz in the park on the way home from the pub without showing your arse to all the traffic.

probably not much use to you firks, unless you're really really stuck for a silly hat...

Wow - that Whiz Freedom thing looks brilliant! I want one!

Though I guess you could just go the whole hog and get a colostomy bag....then you wouldn't need to even bother to undo your trousers or anything...

han said:
Wow - that Whiz Freedom thing looks brilliant! I want one!

Though I guess you could just go the whole hog and get a colostomy bag....then you wouldn't need to even bother to undo your trousers or anything...

Catheterization is obviously the way to go. Tube up the ol' urethra, bag attached to the leg, constant drainage. Have to empy it a lot during a big sesh tho......can start to back up :eek:

I think the whizaway might be safer tho :D

moose said:
As for the weeing device, what do you do with it when it's been used? Put it in your pocket, wet? :eek:

The faqs reckon it's hydrophobic:

"We have also developed a product with a high grade additive that combined with our medical grade material and antibacterial agent will repel all liquid so the Whiz Freedom remains dry immediately after use. all liquid rolls off i.e. is repelled off it. If any droplets remain on the surface, they are easily removed with a flick or shake. It is the first (and only) flick dry urine director." linky

Mrs Superape has just bought a similar device, complete with add on hose.

If you see the end of a pipe appearing in your tent.....

Stig said:

one of these

:D

That's got pictures of Women swimming?

:D :D

"Never use it facing the wind"

Ignore Metcheck for now! They're on drugs ...

firky said:
Weather Forecast for Glastonbury 2007

23°c (73°f)

60% chance of rain

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/event_forecast.asp?eventID=107

Bah, it hasn't rained for about six weeks here and now it is saying it may rain next month (pardon the pun). :(

Those long term Metcheck 'forecasts' are not forecasts as such, in fact any time before the beginning of June at the earliest, I'd say avoid them.

Metcheck are notoriously pessimistic, and they tend to base their 'forecasts' on breakdowns of statistical averages from past patterns, regional weather trends, and past same times of year.

That '60% chance of rain' figure they've plucked out a drug filled hat, and said figure has been fluctuating wildly between around 30% and around 60% for the past few weeks. Over that time though., weirdly, they've stuck resolutely to 23C / 73 F. A safe 'average-ish for June' type bet. Not too hot, not too chilly, but scant connection to probable reality.

William of Walworth said:
Those long term Metcheck 'forecasts' are not forecasts as such, in fact any time before the beginning of June at the earliest, I'd say avoid them.

Metcheck are notoriously pessimistic, and they tend to base their 'forecasts' on breakdowns of statistical averages from past patterns, regional weather trends, and past same times of year.

That '60% chance of rain' figure they've plucked out a drug filled hat, and said figure has been fluctuating wildly between around 30% and around 60% for the past few weeks. Over that time though., weirdly, they've stuck resolutely to 23C / 73 F. A safe 'average-ish for June' type bet. Not too hot, not too chilly, but scant connection to probable reality.

:D

I know it is rubbish, I know you can't really know what the weather is going to be like in six weeks time. Yet I can't stop checking it - it is the whole Glastonbury excitement thing. You have to join forums, read TOS, dig up articles from 1986 etc.

Kid at christmas, William, kid at christmas :D

I'm afraid I'll be sticking to the lo-tech method of urination. I've bared my arse in so many places in my life I no longer care.

Moose's nekkid can-can was all the rage in Paris :cool:

Alas her career came to an end when she found the delights of two sticks and a ball of wool :(

moose said:
I'm afraid I'll be sticking to the lo-tech method of urination. I've bared my arse in so many places in my life I no longer care.

Me too! I always take a small bowl, pudding like. My arse doesnt fit on it, but just big enough to catch a pee in the small hours when I can be bothered/too giddy to take on the trip to the loo.

I have some pics from last time with Mr V in the tent, smiling, making a cuppa with two water bottles of his previous nights pee in the background. Grim :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom