Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Editor - Oh noez. Thats terrible. Get ya little black book out and get a blag;)

Aqua - Off ebay! Have a looksee, we could be hat buddies :D

Thanks all for the advice, I did lean more towards 2nd hat, but was concerned that it was too bent at the sides.

*gets credit card out*

newbie said:
I don't quite see how including the Dairy unit in the site works:confused:

hopefully better than leasing it to smirnoff ice as they did a few years ago - workers and blaggers trailing in and out the vehicle gate constantly and causing havok. build it into the festival, make it useful.

Editor and eme -- just seen this ....

editor said:
Looks like we won't be there as it seems the Glastonbury press office aren't interested in any further coverage from urban75.

How things have changed at Glasto, eh?

:(

This is plain wrong!!!! :eek: :(

FFS!!!! :mad:

Tort, or others, help to sort this one out maybe????

Badness .... :confused:

William of Walworth said:

Esspecially when I have it on very solid authority - William, you may want to cover your eyes for this - that it's very likely that Anthea Turner will be doing a Glasto special of Perfect Housewife with backstage trailer & full festival passes for the crew.
She apparently, will probably turn up in her own (and I mean own) helicopter for the 1 hours filming required.

:mad:

innana said:
Hello there, William! I thought I'd come have a look over here and check it out - twas all getting a bit silly over at the other place - and lots of people have disappeared, making it a bit dull.

Yup a few of us were banned en-masse for reasons unknown. this thread "explains" why.

The cyber-bully in charge has subsequently changed our status to show "member" even though we are actually barred, therefore making it look that we have stopped posting, rather than us not being allowed to post.

Sneaky fucker, eh? :mad:

Back on topic:

Editor - that is really shitty. Really hope you get something sorted.

Riff said:
Yup a few of us were banned en-masse for reasons unknown. this thread "explains" why.

The cyber-bully in charge has subsequently changed our status to show "member" even though we are actually barred, therefore making it look that we have stopped posting, rather than us not being allowed to post.

Back on topic:

Unknown reason?

The man's a cock, that's the reason.

William of Walworth said:

Tort, or others, help to sort this one out maybe????

You seem to be under the impression I have a direct line to God. I don't!

Sorry ed, shit news! :( Hope you can blag another way in.

Riff said:

That is just fucking hilarious but not in the slightest bit surprising! :D

Skim said:
Only £9.99! A snip!

You won't feel so wanky when everyone else is soaked to the bone and you're toasty underneath electronically welded seams :cool:

But it's not going to rain :cool:
Hmmm

I thought 'cheap and practical' mostly, with only a little bit of 'wanky', being a practical chapess and that.

It might, and although I never joined the girl guides, I am always prepared :)

Riff said:
Cheers, but it's really unlikely that I'll be able to go now.

It's particularly annoying that they completely ignored all my repeated requests until Friday. If I'd known they were going to strip urban75 of a press pass, I could have tried to make other arrangements (I first wrote to them back in early March and heard nothing).

Glastonbury Festival is a success beyond belief.

My guess would be that everybody involved in music/journalism has been bombarding them relentlessly. The festival is a victim of it's own success and getting a balance right is impossible.

Well, I've had one last stab at getting tickets, pointing out that urban75's sections on Glastonbury are hugely popular and seen by tens of thousands of people.

I sent them examples of how we rank in Google and suggested it would be a shame if the material wasn't updated:

#1 in Google: Glastonbury photos
#1 in Google: Glastonbury Festival photos
#1 in Google: Glastonbury photographs
#1 in google: Glastonbury Festival panoramas
#1 in google: Glastonbury memories
#2 in Google: Glastonbury Festie
#3 in Google: Glastonbury Festival reports
#3 in Google: Photographs from Glastonbury Festival
#4 in Google: Glastonbury Festival photographs
#4 in Google: Glastonbury Festival homepage
#4 in Google: Glastonbury archive
#4 in Google: Glastonbury homepage
#7 in Google: Glastonbury Festival pictures
#7 in Google: Glastonbury Festival sacred stones

I'd say that all that positive coverage represents good value for them, but I'm not too hopeful at all.

They're utter morons if they don't value that and give you a free ticket!

It's a shame that Glasto seems to be less into having small, independent and quirky organisations represented these days....eg in the green fields, Tinker's Bubble/The Land Is Ours had a stall for many years, representing the cause of eco-villages and landrights, and now Michael Eavis is not interested :(

han said:

It's a shame that Glasto seems to be less into having small, independent and quirky organisations represented these days....eg in the green fields, Tinker's Bubble/The Land Is Ours had a stall for many years, representing the cause of eco-villages and landrights, and now Michael Eavis is not interested :(

I'm astonished the editor's been turned down to be honest. One consequence of the expanded numbers/bigger capacity this year would, I thought, be a somewhat more expansive approach to performer/crew/press/working numbers.

Han, I'd be surprised if Michael Eavis personally knows anything about Tinkers Bubble/This Land Is Ours not being given spaces (or do you know that they've been in touch with him directly or something?). The Green Fields organisations is pretty much entirely in the hands of Liz Elliott, and since 2002, she has been under horrendous general pressure from the main Festival Office to keep numbers down -- knowing what she's like, I imagine she finds turning any old regulars away really harsh and difficult.

To my mind there've been good and bad consequence of the superfence,tightened security etc., good though all that has been for preserving the festivals' existence and licence, and for making the atmosphere safer and much more crimefree. The main bad side effect to me has been a real squeeze on crewing/performer/legit working blag numbers. There were a lot of blatant blaggers with passes before 2000, but it's not just them who've (largely ;) ) gone, a lot of the traditional Green Field attenders/stallholders /etc. have gone too ...

editor said:
Well, I've had one last stab at getting tickets, pointing out that urban75's sections on Glastonbury are hugely popular and seen by tens of thousands of people.

I sent them examples of how we rank in Google and suggested it would be a shame if the material wasn't updated:

I'd say that all that positive coverage represents good value for them, but I'm not too hopeful at all.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

:confused:

editor said:

Well, it's a damn good effort...let's hope they respond positively!

felixthecat said:
Glastonbury gear alert!!!

Ladies - what about your own personal reusable she-pee type funnelly thing? Can pee standing up, no sitting on shitty toilets, and makes the comfort bottle pee-in-the-tent method a tad easier.
http://www.whizproducts.co.uk/en/

I love it!:D
Wow! They look miles better than the she-pees! Much more robust

Seriously considering getting one of them. At the very least, like you say, makes tent/bottle peeing a damn sight easier

sojourner said:

Seriously considering getting one of them. At the very least, like you say, makes tent/bottle peeing a damn sight easier

Couldn't resist it - bought one!

But did you see the gift packs? I don't think I'd quite know what to say if I unwrapped that on Christmas morning:eek: :D

han said:

omg!:eek: :(

is that really true? I haven't been in touch with the Bubble for a bit :(

That is a huge loss to the festy imo. Apart from their very attarctive display and valuable info, they provide a big service for everyone. There is the big bowzer of spring water that they always bring and share gladly, all the beautiful fruit and veg which they sell cheaply, and they provide an unofficial first aid service with all their balms and lotions. And the lovely homemade soap.

I thought it were shite when they were refused the space in the crafts field about 5 years ago, but not to have a presence at all??????

I just don't understand it.

Hope mr editor does manage to sort out a pass - seems like there is a serious error of judgement going on here -if really serious, interesting peeps are getting left out....

sojourner said:

I'm not sure if that makes me think *yay I want one* or *eeeewwwwww*

:D
:oops:
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom