Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Feminism and a world designed for men

On gender neutral toilets: I’ve never visited a home in the uk that doesn’t have one.
Yeah, but when I use the toilet in my own home or indeed that of a friend, I don't have several random guys of unknown trustworthiness waiting their turn outside, taking a piss in a urinal separated only by a partition or washing their hands next to me while I clean a mooncup. It's not the same.

Yeah, but when I use the toilet in my own home or indeed that of a friend, I don't have several random guys of unknown trustworthiness waiting their turn outside, taking a piss in a urinal separated only by a partition or washing their hands next to me while I clean a mooncup. It's not the same.

I actually agree with this but surely if it’s within the hustle and bustle of a popular venue it’s somewhat an unlikely place for the objections to occur?

I meant that being in a busy place doesn't give women any protection from men who want to cop a quick feel. In fact lots of men seem to perceive it as a challenge or get extra jollies from doing it in a crowd.

Fair enough, yeah lots of men are wankers and do horrible things to women going about their business. I cringed in circa 2001 when I was on the building sites and colleagues would spend their lunch harassing women. I pulled them on it and called them cunts but saw first hand how bad it is so solidarity from me on that.

Every woman has been in a situation where the only option is a gender neutral toilet (visiting homes of others).
I’ve never heard any woman raise concerns about this, except from on here of course.

You're right.

If women are raped, abused and murdered in our homes more often on agregate as well as the homes of of people we know, where people can't see behind walls and where we have no choice, then we certainly shouldn't take precautions outside the home , and so should accept no choice there too.

Not to mention menstruation, miscarriage, et Al.

Why bother?

Right?

You're right.

If women are raped, abused and murdered in our homes more often on agregate as well as the homes of of people we know, where people can't see behind walls and where we have no choice, then we certainly shouldn't take precautions outside the home , and so should accept no choice there too.

Not to mention menstruation, miscarriage, et Al.

Why bother?

Right?

Maybe we should just live on different planets then?

Also, aren't pervy hidden cameras in the ladies actually on the increase and becoming an issue?? Even if no one cops a feel, I'd rather that there's at least some protection from the neferious weirdos who would wank off to me changing a tampon or taking a shit or whatever. (or any other woman, your shits and menses are just as lovely, I'm sure)

I’m not against that. It’s funny that the issue is raised over a middle class venue whilst nobody cared when working class women were fucked over.

Fair enough, yeah lots of men are wankers and do horrible things to women going about their business. I cringed in circa 2001 when I was on the building sites and colleagues would spend their lunch harassing women. I pulled them on it and called them cunts but saw first hand how bad it is so solidarity from me on that.
You have the luxury of forgetting those blokes, women don't.

Those men are still out there - everywhere - and you could show your 'solidarity' but not arguing everytime a woman says she has some issue with them.

Ah I see, it's only an issue to us all now because middle class women are affected. working class women never speak up for themselves and he is really just fighting the corner of WC women.

Cunt's trick right there...dividing women and blaming WC women for not fighting enough and MC women for not caring about WC women.

Men...just bystanders.

I know this is all over but never once in my almost 50 years have I ever seen or heard of a woman with period pain going to a first aider for help.

I like Gromit - he's one of us - but fuck me. I have no idea what was going on in his head here.

MENSTRUATION MAN
:D

Please can we have a 'Toby jug fact' stamp done in similar ilk where Gromit has a cape and a big red M across his chest.

It would be easier than telling him to fuck off.

61jHNc4cw3L._SX425_.jpg

I’m not against that. It’s funny that the issue is raised over a middle class venue whilst nobody cared when working class women were fucked over.
Can you give an example of when no one cared when working class women were fucked over?

Back
Top Bottom