Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2022

McCullum's policy is loyalty to players rather than chop n change so he won't be dropped anytime soon. But they need to sort this dangling the bat out thing with all of them, except for Root.

Stokes said he wanted Pope. Eoin Morgan was waxing lyrical about him on Sky earlier.

Morgan isn't a great commentator. Comes out with lazy, not-really-true platitudes. eg: 'NZ heavily reliant on Boult and Southee'. Um, you haven't been following them much, have you? Jamieson and Wagner take more wickets a game than B and S, and Henry's been red-hot as a sub for Boult recently. Whole point is that they've been so strong that they've not been reliant on B and S.

True. I didn't realise Jamieson's average is still hovering around 18 which isn't bad after a couple of seasons.

NZ running through them now anyway, should be leading by 20 by close.

You'd think from the scores they were playing on the pitch from hell but it's Lords on a sunny day one in June :confused:

I was considering a trip to Lords on Monday. Unless we have 2 days of solid rain, there’s no chance of that.

Test cricket won't be cancelled by an adminstrator's pen but by the fact that modern cricketers simply just don't have the attention span for it anymore. England bowled well but the batting beyond dreadful in the last hour.

Test cricket won't be cancelled by an adminstrator's pen but by the fact that modern cricketers simply just don't have the attention span for it anymore. England bowled well but the batting beyond dreadful in the last hour.
Good bowling, awful batting from both sides today. NZ can and likely will improve as the series goes on. Rustiness is an excuse. England? What excuses do they have?

It’s almost as if picking a good ol’ boy with the gift of the gab and powerpoint skillz over successful test coaching experience wasn’t entirely the wisest decision.

C'mon you can't blame the coach, he's just in the door. Patience and an awareness that Test Cricket isn't "The Bash" shouldn't be something a coach has to nurture at this level.

I agree, you really can't blame the coach for this batting lineup. Something has to change at another level than by the time he receives these players. He's been here a week.

He’s a fluffer and I fear the initial semi will be short lived. I’ll be very happy to be proved wrong.

Well I said it. Bairstow should be keeping, look at his slip fielding, Foakes can go back to Saville Row to get a new suit and his goatee trimmed and Harry Brook can come into the middle order and show the other clowns how to bat

Back
Top Bottom