Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2022

The conditions are pretty much perfect for batting. wtf is going on.

In the CC at Lords this year teams batting first have scored 350, 415, 401 and 149 (but that was Leicestershire - and Middlesex replied with 370).

What is going on indeed.

They seem to be bowling well, fielding well and catching well. McCullum can't have sorted all that out already surely. I hope we get an actual game out of this anyway. Not an innings defeat.

That massive Warne wall feature in the Sky Commentary box is surely gonna get on the commentators tits after a day or two, and it's permanent :D

Much better from NZ. Should be noted too that Trent Boult appears to have been working on his batting and actually won a couple of games for his team in the IPL with the bat. This should be fun.

they are going to put 100+ on for the last wicket then get england all out for about 90, aren't they?

hidesbehindsofa.gif

Well I'm convinced this is the best England team in History and Stokes will be the most successful captain.

The Kiwis are getting their arse handed to them by the Kiwis.

Stokes must be exhausted by pointing out he's not a Kiwi. Listen to his interviews, he speaks with a fairly heavy Durham accent. He came here as a child and learned his cricket here. Strauss was never called a South African for some reason so im not sure why it always comes up about Stokes.

And as for international coaches, as someone else on commentary said earlier it's an international game now and NZ coaches have been hugely successful coaching other international rugby teams so why not in cricket.

Another promising debut by an England seamer. And another injury to an England seamer.

Bowling for England is seriously bad for your health.

Another promising debut by an England seamer. And another injury to an England seamer.

Bowling for England is seriously bad for your health.

It didnt look too bad. Stokes immediately sent him off though which is a good sign rather than making him carry on.

That was a bit "waiting for a wicket" don't you think? Crawley needs to go look where the middle of his bat is and someone needs to tell Lees he's batting with a partner and there's 4.5 days left to score runs.

Shaky.

It didnt look too bad. Stokes immediately sent him off though which is a good sign rather than making him carry on.
If he has pulled a muscle, he won't be bowling again this match, and probably won't play next week. It's not Jofra Archer bad but it's not great.

Bit surprised not to see Wagner in this match. I'd want him in my side somehow.

It's just cramp apparently. They're definitely erring on the side of caution under the new management!

And yes, Wagner is pretty much my fav player so bit sad to see him miss out.

Back
Top Bottom