GOP
8,449 7.7%

Ryan Binkley
GOP
774 0.7%

Asa Hutchinson
GOP
191 0.2%

They're going to need a lot of iron for that project, but I suppose it will give certain sectors of the economy a much needed boost.
Tbf that he references doing to other countries presumably he's talking anti ballistic missile kit like patriot

the
With 99% votes in

Donald Trump
GOP
56,260 51.0%

Ron DeSantis
GOP
23,420 21.2%

Nikki Haley
GOP
21,085 19.1%

Vivek Ramaswamy
GOP
8,449 7.7%

Ryan Binkley
GOP
774 0.7%

Asa Hutchinson
GOP
191 0.2%

56,260 morons and nazis vote for a pedophile rapist. A depressing prelude to tens of millions of morons and nazis voting for a pedophile rapist

The BBC carries a report with a young Republican Trump admirer:

"He speaks very well when he gets up on stage. I got to hear him speak this summer in Washington and tonight. Both times, you just find yourself in awe of how he carries himself," she says.

What the actual? I understand having different political opinions? But how can anyone think Trump “speaks well” or be “in awe of how he carries himself”? It’s like an alternative reality!

The BBC carries a report with a young Republican Trump admirer:

"He speaks very well when he gets up on stage. I got to hear him speak this summer in Washington and tonight. Both times, you just find yourself in awe of how he carries himself," she says.

What the actual? I understand having different political opinions? But how can anyone think Trump “speaks well” or be “in awe of how he carries himself”? It’s like an alternative reality!

It's a cult, undoubtedly one of the largest and most dangerous cults that's ever existed. It would be funny if they weren't on the verge of taking power.

It's a backlash against the left and the gobsmacking wokery that's pervaded the US, particularly around gender and Middle Eastern politics. A lot of folk have had enough, and this is the result. The fact that people are voting for a sex offending racist isn't because they appreciate sex offending racists. It's because nobody else is offering a solution; and the fact that the left are unable to provide credible opposition shows that it's their fault.

It's a backlash against the left and the gobsmacking wokery that's pervaded the US, particularly around gender and Middle Eastern politics. A lot of folk have had enough, and this is the result. The fact that people are voting for a sex offending racist isn't because they appreciate sex offending racists. It's because nobody else is offering a solution; and the fact that the left are unable to provide credible opposition shows that it's their fault.
As it happens, I understand what the vote is about. But what I don’t get it how anyone can think he’s a good speaker who comports himself well!

CCP has nearly a 98 million members. Control of nukes, the largest army in the world. They don't take to kindly to criticism especially of Xi

Agreed, that's why I said 'one of' - Mao, Stalin, Jinping, the Kim dynasty etc. are also up there. But these other cults can only function in dictatorships, what makes the Trump cult especially scary for me is that it has emerged in a democracy. You could be beaten or killed if you didn't praise Mao, people are signing up to the MAGA cult voluntarily.

Explain "wokery", and what it means to you.

Reasonable positions that get taken to extremes which is the speciality of the far left. Extreme affirmative action; bonkers gender politics that see academics and perfectly reasonable people losing their careers when challenged; de-banking people whose political opinions are deemed "incorrect", etc etc

“Extreme” and “bonkers” are already question-begging.

:D It's all relative, isn't it? To a swivel-eyed MAGA redneck, Trumps a fucking genius. He's saying what they want to hear.
I’m still struggling. If you were to say that the clownish buffoonery and inarticulate brain farts were part of the appeal, because people are fed up with articulate smarty-pants, I’d get it. But to say he’s a good speaker?! He can’t get to the end of a sentence without trailing off into gibberish! Him standing for some sort of anti liberal establishment groundswell from the disaffected and those who feel overlooked and left behind is one thing, but thinking he’s a good public speaker? Does not compute.

It's a backlash against the left and the gobsmacking wokery that's pervaded the US, particularly around gender and Middle Eastern politics.
Hmmm. You have a president who is arming Israel. Even Bernie Sanders has refused to call for a ceasefire in Gaza. Making pro-Palestinian statements can lose you your job in US colleges right now. I don't see how people voting for Trump is a reaction to this at all.

“Extreme” and “bonkers” are already question-begging.

Not at all. Some of this is stuff out of control in the US. People's careers have been destroyed for questioning whether someone with a penis and testicles might not be a woman. The lengths to which affirmative action has been taken in some cases politically and commercially is questioned by many. It goes on.

I'm not going to get in to either a race or gender discussion but the point is that far left attitudes have pissed people off in the US to the extent that they're now going the other way and electing a rapey racist as their President.

Back
Top Bottom