Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's hardly gone the full jazzz on this though.

No but like Rand Paul the fact that she's a medical doctor makes her willingness to even entertain this nonsense suggests she has a moral flexibility that I'm not willing to entertain in a politician.

No but like Rand Paul the fact that she's a medical doctor makes her willingness to even entertain this nonsense suggests she has a moral flexibility that I'm not willing to entertain in a politician.
And Hillary's love of bombing people doesn't suggest a 'moral flexibility' to you?

And I don't agree that she showed any inclination to "entertain this nonsense" of the anti-vaxxers.

Last edited:
In a tripartite system such as the US has, who is on the Supreme Court, is very important.

Just one example: abortion rights that were hard-fought for and won decades ago, have come under assault in the US. A rightist, conservative majority on the Supreme Court could reverse abortion rights in that country.

I didn't say it wasn't important, I was just trying to remind you that what happens outside of the government is actually more important. Particularly given that we know whatever govt we get is coming to fuck everyone.

Her statements on vaccines are equivocal, and qualified not something I'd expect from a medical doctor. Thats why I mentioned both her and Rand Paul (both doctors). I get an idiot like Bachman or Trump spouting anti vaccine nonsense, but Stein's a fucking Doctor and her vaccine statements shouldn't include wiggle room.

Clinton fully supported the Wall Street bailout at home and every aspect of US imperialism abroad and you won't hear a word against her. Stein says something about vaccines and you're derailing the thread (remember? you said the thread was only about Trump) to have a go at her!

Why are you such a pure dick m8?

Trump seems to have totally lost it, he was tweeting ugly stuff about a former Miss America at 5 in the morning. It's weird that somebody who would have zero chance of posting on Urban75 without getting banned within a day actually stands a chance of becoming president of the US.

Not really. We wouldn't tolerate anyone who could be elected President on here. :D

I am not sure about this. Calling for a complete radio silence regarding concerns, however legitimately or honestly held, on the basis that confidence in vaccination must be maintained - seems noble on the face of it. But is this not also the other side of the argument - that confidence cannot be given to the medical industry because there may be precisely such an omerta?

Surely it is the withholding of concerns that is the 'moral flexibility' and the morally inflexible approach is to support where you have confidence and speak out where one does have a concern, as Jill Stein has done?

Last edited:
Quick question - that Gary Johnson dipshit was polling around 7% the last time I saw a poll with his name on it.

Could he attract enough Republican votes to damage Trump and keep him away from (among other things) the nuclear football?

Quick question - that Gary Johnson dipshit was polling around 7% the last time I saw a poll with his name on it.

Could he attract enough Republican votes to damage Trump and keep him away from (among other things) the nuclear football?
He makes a fool of himself at every interview.....not having a clue what Aleppo is.....making goofy faces to an interviewer. He draws more votes from Trump than Hillary.

Nigel Farage is making another visit to the US to help Trump following his debate disaster. I don't think it'll help the Donald at all.
...it's not terribly surprising that racist, nationalist 'Brexit' leader Nigel Farage is working with American racist, nationalist leader Donald Trump, even going to so far as to appear with him at a campaign event in Mississippi in August. But after Trump's Monday debate face-plant, Farage is making an emergency visit to the US to prep Trump for the next debate on October 9th.
Farage Makes Emergency Visit to US for Trump Debate Prep

Here's a possibility - that he might have to pay back all the money his charities have raised :)

The revelations about Donald Trump that will be his undoing

Donald Trump’s charitable foundation may not have secured the right paperwork to solicit public money. If that is the case, Trump’s “great”, charitable work, would be exposed as illegal, and he a conman.

The most recent revelations, exposed by the Washington Post, have shone a light on the murky underworld of the Republican’s so-called foundation, a semi-legal entity which funnels money from one charity to another, taking a healthy cut of the transactions to fund his own lawsuits, pleasures and questionable payments to district attorneys.

Yet, he says he only spends half an hour per week managing the money.

New York State prohibits unregistered foundations from raising more than $25,000 per year. Available tax records over the last decade reveal that Trump – the professional middleman – brought in more than the threshold per year.

New York State attorney Eric Scheiderman has the power to order his charity to stop raising money immediately, if it is discovered Trump did not have the right paperwork after all.

Schneiderman could also force Trump to reimburse money that his foundation has already raised.

‘Finally. Someone who thinks like me.’

The first time she had seen him, at a rally in June, she was just beginning to realize how many people saw the world the way she did, that she was one among millions. At the time, her hips were still sore from a series of injections intended to calm her. She had gotten them in February, during a difficult time in her life, when she had been involuntarily hospitalized for several weeks after what she called a “rant,” a series of online postings that included one saying that Obama should be hanged and the White House fumigated and burned to the ground. On her discharge papers, in a box labeled “medical problem,” a doctor had typed “homicidal ideation.”

Melanie thought the whole thing was outrageous. She wasn’t a person with homicidal ideation. She was anxious, sure. Enraged, definitely. But certainly not homicidal, and certainly not in need of a hospital stay.

“It never crossed my mind that I’m losing it,” she said several months after her release, and a big reason for this conviction was the rise of Donald Trump, who had talked about so many of the things she had come to believe — from Obama being a founder of the terrorist group ISIS, to Hillary Clinton being a co-founder, to the idea that U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia may have been murdered in a White House plot involving a prostitute and a pillow.

“They say they found a pillow on his face, which is a pretty unusual place to find a pillow,” Trump had told the talk-radio host Michael Savage, who was using his show to explain the scenario to his 5 million weekly listeners, who then spread it on Facebook, where it wound up in Melanie’s feed.

To Melanie, this was the glory of the 2016 presidential election. The truth about so many things was finally being accepted, from the highest levels of the Republican Party on down to the grass roots of America, where so many people like her didn’t care what some fact-checker said, much less that one day Trump would suggest that Obama wasn’t born in America, and on another say maybe he was.

More and more, she was meeting people who felt the same as she did, joining what amounted to a parallel world of beliefs that the Trump campaign had not so much created as harnessed and swept into the presidential election. As Melanie saw it, what she had posted about Obama was no different from what a New Hampshire state legislator and Trump campaign adviser had said about Hillary Clinton, that she “should be put in the firing line and shot for treason.”

“If it’s time to lock me up, it’s time to lock up the world,” Melanie remembered thinking when she had heard that.

And so when she was released from the hospital with instructions to “maintain a healthy lifestyle,” she did what seemed to her not only healthy but also patriotic. She began campaigning for Trump.

“Trumpslide 2016!” she posted on Facebook a few days after she got home in March.

“Lets build a winning team and GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!! #Vote for #Donald #Trump for #President!” she posted in May. “#STOPHILARYCLINTON #STOPBERNIESANDERS #SHUTUPMITTROMNEY.”

In June, Melanie heard that Trump was holding a rally in an airplane hangar near Pittsburgh, so off she and Kevin went. On a blazing Saturday afternoon, her red “Make America Great Again” hat bobbed amid the thousands streaming past hawkers selling “Trump that Bitch” T-shirts and “Bomb the Shit Out of ISIS” buttons and a man handing out pamphlets about the apocalypse.

A month later, she was backing out of the driveway of her house, a gray-sided two-story, the same one in which she grew up. It was late afternoon, and her check-engine light came on.

“Oh, that’s all I need,” she said during another chaotic day.

Her morning had gone by in county court with Kevin, a onetime local council member and firefighter who was now a laid-off production-shift supervisor checking in with a judge about charges related to using someone’s car without permission.

“We had to sit through all these arraignments,” Melanie said of the parade of heroin addicts. “I couldn’t believe all the women they brought in. They had tattoos. Blue and green hair. These are zombies, is what they seem to be.”

After that they went to help Kevin’s son fix his decrepit van. “So we tied the muffler up,” she said, and that was her day so far. Zombies, a busted muffler and now a check-engine light as she was driving.

Through the windshield was a part of Pennsylvania that is more than 90 percent white, ranks among the worst in the state on indicators such as unemployment and premature death, and is near the top in support for Donald Trump, who got two-thirds of the GOP primary vote in April.

“My crappy little corrupt community,” was how Melanie described it, speeding past houses with roofs sagging, porches tilting and buildings rotting into overgrown grass. She slowed as she entered the tiny downtown of Brownsville, population 2,292 and shrinking.

“My workplace was right there to the left,” she said, pointing to where a railroad office once was. “It was a big red building. Bunch of offices. I don’t miss it one bit,” she said, speeding up again. “And I have unpleasant thoughts.”

She had spent her whole life here. She was raised in a family of coal miners and railroad men, graduated from a technical school, and had been working as a secretary when her sister became sick and asked her to take care of her son temporarily. Needing more money, she started working for the railroad, first as a crew dispatcher and eventually as an engineer, running trains full of coal and equipment.

She was usually the only woman on a crew, but she prided herself on being tough, so when she heard that some higher-up had called a colleague and asked, “What’s Austin wearing today, her green miniskirt?” Melanie laughed it off. She ignored the boss who she said left a Penthouse magazine on her desk. But then came the sexually explicit graffiti about her in the train toilets, and a male colleague’s calling her “psycho bitch” over the radio, and another male colleague’s flying her underwear like a flag off the train — all of which became part of a sexual-harassment lawsuit Melanie filed against the railroads. In 2002, a jury awarded her $450,000 in damages, a verdict overturned by a federal judge who did not question the facts of the case but decided that the matter had been handled appropriately.

“The jury gave me my one moment in the sun as far as justice was concerned,” Melanie said. “But the politicians are never going to let a little girl slap two Class I railroads, and they didn’t.”

That was the moment when she began to see so clearly how the world worked, she said, and it wasn’t just about the judge. It was about a whole corrupt political system, starting with the governor at the time, Ed Rendell — “that dirty, filthy politician I call Swindell” — who she figured was in the pocket of the railroads and had influenced the judge.

And it didn’t stop there. Rendell was friendly with Bill Clinton, and Melanie was sure it didn’t help her case that Clinton was president and embroiled in sex scandals when she began filing complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. “To see Slick Willy’s photo all over, you just wanted to barf,” she said.

My Producer has been away in the States for a couple of weeks, and returned today with a gift.

20161003_140714.jpg

Ugh, who knew Donald could even ruin chocolate.

That article , if nothing else, is a damning indictment of the US mental health system.

Its an indictment of a lot of things. Its an indictment of the educational system, an indictment of an economic system that leaves many people out, an indictment of drug policies, and an indictment of a political system incapable of functioning in any meaningful way. We do need a political revolution. I just don't think Trump is it, or, if it is, it would be going the exact opposite way to where we need to be. (Clinton isn't it either, btw.)

Last edited:
Just in

Thats right he just suggested strong people dont' get PTSD.

Okay so thats Muslims, Women, the LGBT community, African Americans, the Media, Families of Fallen Soldiers, And now Veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom