Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sign from God:

trump-butter.jpg

'The lard works in mysterious ways' We caught up with woman who found Donald Trump in butter
It's a sign - a sign that Trump is going to take the USA for a "last tango in Paris", if you know what I mean.

Also zero time for Jill Stein, like Rand Paul, any doctor turned politician pandering to anti vaccine bullshit to any degree shows a lack of principles thats simply dangerous.

I considered voting for her, but I won't for that very reason. I might go for Clifton Roberts from the Humane party as a protest vote. I can just imagine how mad it drives Fox News types when a candidate thinks people eating meat should be illegal. I can also imagine their reaction to the possibility of having two African American Presidents in a row.

Should Someone Go To Jail For Eating Meat?

Gotta love their logo, if nothing else:

HumaneParty2-750x400.png

:D

Also zero time for Jill Stein, like Rand Paul, any doctor turned politician pandering to anti vaccine bullshit to any degree shows a lack of principles thats simply dangerous.
She's also concerned that wifi in schools may be harming children's brains.

I think that many of us who *are* familiar with the number of deeply unpleasant, often criminal, people on 'the other side of the aisle' who have endorsed or all but endorsed Hillary Clinton are further horrified (if that is possible at this point) rather than buoyed by it.

USA Today, which previously has been a big Trump booster, has changed its tune:

USA TODAY's Editorial Board: Trump is 'unfit for the presidency'

USA TODAY's Editorial Board: Trump is 'unfit for the presidency'

The most important issue is building a movement that can oppose Clinton or Trump. Not who's on the Supreme Court.

In a tripartite system such as the US has, who is on the Supreme Court, is very important.

Just one example: abortion rights that were hard-fought for and won decades ago, have come under assault in the US. A rightist, conservative majority on the Supreme Court could reverse abortion rights in that country.

tbf Stein also stands for a lot of rather good things.

The electoral system doesn't really cater for more than two candidates, but if I were an American, I'd be tempted to vote Stein. Of course she has no chance whatever of winning, but it would be a little like voting for Shirley Chisolm in 1970, or for that matter, going on a demo. A way of putting your hand up and saying 'I'm here too'.

I think that many of us who *are* familiar with the number of deeply unpleasant, often criminal, people on 'the other side of the aisle' who have endorsed or all but endorsed Hillary Clinton are further horrified (if that is possible at this point) rather than buoyed by it.

The positions of these editorial boards can be more nuanced than that:

Nor does this editorial represent unqualified support for Hillary Clinton, who has her own flaws (though hers are far less likely to threaten national security or lead to a constitutional crisis). The Editorial Board does not have a consensus for a Clinton endorsement.

Some of us look at her command of the issues, resilience and long record of public service — as first lady, U.S. senator and secretary of State — and believe she’d serve the nation ably as its president.

Other board members have serious reservations about Clinton’s sense of entitlement, her lack of candor and her extreme carelessness in handling classified information.

Where does that leave us? Our bottom-line advice for voters is this: Stay true to your convictions. That might mean a vote for Clinton, the most plausible alternative to keep Trump out of the White House. Or it might mean a third-party candidate. Or a write-in. Or a focus on down-ballot candidates who will serve the nation honestly, try to heal its divisions, and work to solve its problems.

Whatever you do, however, resist the siren song of a dangerous demagogue. By all means vote, just not for Donald Trump.

- from USA Today

I considered voting for her, but I won't for that very reason. I might go for Clifton Roberts from the Humane party as a protest vote. I can just imagine how mad it drives Fox News types when a candidate thinks people eating meat should be illegal. I can also imagine their reaction to the possibility of having two African American Presidents in a row.

Should Someone Go To Jail For Eating Meat?

Gotta love their logo, if nothing else:

HumaneParty2-750x400.png

:D

A protest vote for one of the fringe candidates, is a vote for Trump.

A protest vote for one of the fringe candidates, is a vote for Trump.

I live in a red state that will go for Trump, no matter who I vote for. In any case, I'll probably vote for Clinton, but I'll have to hold my nose when I do. Sometimes the 1st district goes for the Democratic candidate.

Her statements on vaccines are equivocal, and qualified not something I'd expect from a medical doctor. Thats why I mentioned both her and Rand Paul (both doctors). I get an idiot like Bachman or Trump spouting anti vaccine nonsense, but Stein's a fucking Doctor and her vaccine statements shouldn't include wiggle room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom