Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

The LP have been doing that for a long time. They don't fuck about. They hit harder than the Dems have done so far. They know exactly how to get under the monster's thin skin, with the founder doing pieces to camera where he calls the bastard out. Now the Dems are starting to fight back too.
Yeah, I'm familiar with the LP's work. My post was a reply to the one above yours made by two sheds . Sorry for the confusion. It appears both of ours came in at the same time :)

This is weird :confused:

Donald Trump still can’t handle being called “weird” by Vice President Kamala Harris and other Democrats.
In an interview with conservative radio host Clay Travis Thursday, Trump attempted to fire back by his saying his opponents are weird themselves.

“They’re the weird ones. Nobody’s ever called me weird. I’m a lot of things, but weird I’m not. And I’m upfront. And he’s not either, I will tell you. J.D. is not at all. They are,” Trump said, defending both himself and his running mate J.D. Vance.

“If you’ve ever seen her with the laugh and everything else, that’s a weird deal going on there,” Trump said.

Not keen on being called 'felon' either :(

Vice President Kamala Harris framing the presidential race as "prosecutor vs. felon" may have touched a nerve with Donald Trump.

Such framing is "false" and "inaccurate," says a new defense filing that asks the judge in Trump's hush-money case to voluntarily step down prior to a pending sentencing that Trump has also challenged.

"Harris immediately framed her candidacy with a specific false reference to this case as a contest of 'prosecutor vs. convicted felon,'" Trump's filing says.

Harris' framing is an "inaccurate attack," it adds, without describing an inaccuracy. Harris is a former district attorney for San Francisco and attorney general for California; in May, Trump became the first former president convicted of a felony.

Trump's one-page letter, made public Thursday, is his third try at asking New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan to recuse himself, this time as the case nears the sentencing tentatively set for September 18.

A bit of a weird backgrounder

Democrats have brandished the label in interviews and online, notes the Associated Press, highlighting Vance's comments on abortion and attacks on political leaders who don't have children. They've also used the "weird" attack to reframe concerns around right-wing policy ideas that threaten civil rights and other basic freedoms, such as book bans and anti-LGBTQ legislation.

As it grows in popularity — and goes viral on social media — the "weird" branding appears to have offered Democrats a hold over far-right Republicans that the party rarely saw when President Joe Biden led its ticket. The new attack line also reflects a departure from the rhetorical strategy of President Joe Biden's campaign, which experts told Salon could prove to be an effective change in bolstering Harris' bid for the presidency.

... "When Democrats are now saying, 'These guys just sound a bit weird,' it's because they've all been talking to each other for long enough that if you're not part of the Republican cinematic universe, none of it makes any sense," Karpf said. "When you take a step back, their policy proposals are serious and dangerous, but they're also just so off-putting and ridiculous."

The "weird" strategy roll out began with Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, who's been characterizing far-right Republicans' behavior and proposals as such for months, during an appearance on MSNBC last month, in which he called Trump and Vance "just weird." Walz, a contender to be Harris' running mate, doubled down on the point during a subsequent CNN segment, noting Trump's repeated, odd references to Hannibal Lecter, the fictional serial killer from the film "Silence of the Lambs," in his rally speeches.

Harris' campaign quickly adopted the rhetoric, ...

The label's use has only erupted from there, with some Democrats even hurling the branding of "weird" at far-right policy at-large. Just Monday, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., wielded the label against former GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy after he bemoaned the tactic as "dumb" and "juvenile" on X, formerly Twitter.

"It’s an incel platform, dude. It’s SUPER weird. And people need to know," the congresswoman posted.

... So what 'weird' [by] focusing on style does is it allows the Democrats to talk about this in ways that are actually fun and shareable," Karpf said. "They are pointing and laughing at these people who want to do awful things and getting other people involved and saying, 'Yeah, that's off-putting. That doesn't sound like America at all.'"

... But despite Trump's and his allies' efforts, Neiheisel said the reversal tactic hasn't yielded very convincing results.

"It's a little bit schoolyard in some ways," he said. "I don't know that that's necessarily a position of strength for them to be in. You don't really want to be forced in a position where you're adopting your opponent's agenda and you're using their same kinds of language and tactics."
the whole thing is interesting though

Pointing and laughing at crazy weird policies is one thing, pointing and laughing at people for being 'weird' is something else.

Trump and Vance are though :(

And as the article says it's because of their weird policies that the word's being used, to label each nasty policy as weird.
Yes, I get that. It's just that the word is a bit contagious and starts being applied to people. And whatever we think of Trump and Vance and say on here, it's not a good look if it gets into the campaign. But what do I know.

Yes, I get that. It's just that the word is a bit contagious and starts being applied to people. And whatever we think of Trump and Vance and say on here, it's not a good look if it gets into the campaign. But what do I know.

They are calling them weird cos of the weird shit they say. And they do say weird shit, wtf was that about Hannibal Lecter? Or injecting bleach to combat Covid, windfarms killing whales, an endless litany of weird shit falls out of his mouth, his followers are mesmerized by his spiel so don't really see it, Harris and the Dems pointng it out is valid.

A not valid way to mock someone:

200.webp

That article I linked to remarked that they likely won't continue using 'weird' right up to November, but it's a refreshing change because Biden just didn't respond to Trump's insanity. I think it's wonderful because it's really annoying Trump and I think is broadly getting through to the non-aligned.

It wouldn't work in the UK. Calling Yaxley Lennon or Farage 'weird' would be silly. 'Fash' and 'fash enabler' might work but that's another insult aimed at people rather than policies (do they really have any aside from stop immigration and eliminate wokeism?).

Or should we not be laughing at tosser with brick in bollocks?

Interested to hear what people think.

I'd love to see a debate where he's called to explain the made up bullshit.

'Who are "these people" you are talking about?'

'How does this form of electoral cheating you're talking about work?'

'So what exactly is this [incoherent bullshit idea] you keep mentioning?'

I'd love to see a debate where he's called to explain the made up bullshit.

'Who are "these people" you are talking about?'

'How does this form of electoral cheating you're talking about work?'

'So what exactly is this [incoherent bullshit idea] you keep mentioning?'

He's already got the answers to that though, just more shite. He needs to be directly called out with no ambiguity or just called an odd-bod.

Fuck, Eric's been packed-off here but he's still campaigning! :mad:

Getting a softball interview from Sky, and I believe one with GBeebies, so we know how that will go. I hope the Dems will get a right of reply to his bullshit, as the reporter was useless.

Anyway, it seems that we should expect even more craziness as the orange thing continues to meltdown. Pete is spot on. Keep calling him out as a coward and weird and watch him spontaneously combust.

Back
Top Bottom