Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

Truss calls Biden weak and compares Trump to her hero Thatcher for getting up on stage within days of the incident.

Unlike her who was out of office within days of the incident.

Fuck Thatcher
Fuck Poundland Thatcher (May)
Fuck Temu Thatcher (Truss)

Truss calls Biden weak and compares Trump to her hero Thatcher for getting up on stage within days of the incident.

Has to find something to do, hasn't she?

Desperately trying to cling to relevancy, hoping to get some sort of gig in the U.S...

Yes, it could have been even worse. Vance is bright and ambitious and will say and do whatever it takes to get ahead. Changes his mind when the wind blows.
And he has the hillbilly backstory. The extracts I read a few years back - I think it was before he was elected - were well written.
Because I'm a bit obsessed with all things Appalachian, I read Hillbilly Elegy back in 2018 and it's quite a story, well-written too. I think Trump already had this in the bag, but appointing Vance feels like a smart move, I'm afraid.

This would be the same Labour government which is still allowing the slaughter of Muslims in Gaza with UK weapons.

Got to wonder if the likes of JD Vance believe their own bullshit.
I don't know in this case. Buy I think one thing that has changed politically is that an increasing number do believe the bullshit they say is true.

I doubt that very much. If it is true (according to reports) that Trump is going to tone down his rhetoric over the rest of the campaign starting with his RNC speech - which he can easily do whilst having his lunatic stooges do the crazy talk instead - then he can pretend to be the changed man who has realised this is his last term, so he is promoting a younger generation of leaders from outside politics etc etc. Vance's previous opposition is a strength in that respect, as is his age and lack of time served in Washington. Compared to Scott or Rubio (especially) he is a vastly better choice.

It will almost certainly work too, given that the Democrats will still be led by the idiots who refused to change after 2016, who refused to change after AOC and the Squad emerged, whose bright idea to stop Trump was to firstly rush his second impeachment trial and then to spin out court cases so they'd all land during this election cycle, and who will allow themselves to go into this campaign with a president that they publicly have no confidence in.
Aye, there is that. All of that.

Because I'm a bit obsessed with all things Appalachian, I read Hillbilly Elegy back in 2018 and it's quite a story, well-written too. I think Trump already had this in the bag, but appointing Vance feels like a smart move, I'm afraid.
Hillbilly Elegy was recommended (maybe by someone on here?) ages ago and I added it to my wishlist, it was up for 99p a couple of weeks ago so I bought it and read the introduction yesterday morning.
I had no idea he was even in US politics so imagine my surprise when I saw the news :D

Now I'm thinking he's probably a bit of a tosser and I don't know if I want to read it :hmm:

Hillbilly Elegy was recommended (maybe by someone on here?) ages ago and I added it to my wishlist, it was up for 99p a couple of weeks ago so I bought it and read the introduction yesterday morning.
I had no idea he was even in US politics so imagine my surprise when I saw the news :D

Now I'm thinking he's probably a bit of a tosser and I don't know if I want to read it :hmm:
I'd never heard of him before but see his comments about the UK being an "islamic" country with nukes. Yeah he's a RW tosser.

True but I think the danger is trump or putin misreading the other one.
The big danger is Trump misreading Putin, Putin invading a NATO member with Trump then turning around and saying 'fuck that' and letting them get on with it. Or Trump pulling the plug on NATO first and then it all kicking off. Either way, with Trump in charge things could get very iffy in our part of the world...

The big danger is Trump misreading Putin, Putin invading a NATO member with Trump then turning around and saying 'fuck that' and letting them get on with it. Or Trump pulling the plug on NATO first and then it all kicking off. Either way, with Trump in charge things could get very iffy in our part of the world...

Putin-Trump is a bit 'who the fuck knows?'. Though yeah, I'd probably give more credence to that view than them slinging nukes about.

Trump also fucking hates China, and relations there are bad enough as it is. Though there are so many variables there it's just... impossible.

Agreed. Or another scary one is putin misreading trump and invades a nato country thinking trump won't care but trump does retaliate but i suspect your version is more likely. Hopefully we are wrong 🤞

is there anything new in there that would make it a strategic error? It all looks fairly bland.
The idea that any die-hard maga types would walk away because of a slight disagreement over choice of VP is pure fantasy. These are people still worshipping Trump as some kind of deity after he's been found guilty of sexual assault and had a judge declare it materially true that he's an actual rapist.

Back
Top Bottom