Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

It was only on the Graun 11 minutes ago so perhaps I can be forgiven for not knowing 3 hours ago.

I don't think it's unalloyed good news of course, though it could be even worse.

The most rabid of his maga are not going to support vance. This'll've cost him dearly...

I doubt that very much. If it is true (according to reports) that Trump is going to tone down his rhetoric over the rest of the campaign starting with his RNC speech - which he can easily do whilst having his lunatic stooges do the crazy talk instead - then he can pretend to be the changed man who has realised this is his last term, so he is promoting a younger generation of leaders from outside politics etc etc. Vance's previous opposition is a strength in that respect, as is his age and lack of time served in Washington. Compared to Scott or Rubio (especially) he is a vastly better choice.

It will almost certainly work too, given that the Democrats will still be led by the idiots who refused to change after 2016, who refused to change after AOC and the Squad emerged, whose bright idea to stop Trump was to firstly rush his second impeachment trial and then to spin out court cases so they'd all land during this election cycle, and who will allow themselves to go into this campaign with a president that they publicly have no confidence in.

I’m mildly relieved he didn’t go for that utter slimeball Vivek Ramaswamy or even worse Marjorie Taylor Green.

It’s a low bar of course, and I’m clutching at straws for something positive given the inevitable next four years but Vance seems not to be the worst of the worst. Inevitably I’ll discover something about him now and change my mind but for the moment, I’m just glad it’s not those two.

I’m mildly relieved he didn’t go for that utter slimeball Vivek Ramaswamy or even worse Marjorie Taylor Green.

It’s a low bar of course, and I’m clutching at straws for something positive given the inevitable next four years but Vance seems not to be the worst of the worst. Inevitably I’ll discover something about him now and change my mind but for the moment, I’m just glad it’s not those two.
Yes, it could have been even worse. Vance is bright and ambitious and will say and do whatever it takes to get ahead. Changes his mind when the wind blows.
And he has the hillbilly backstory. The extracts I read a few years back - I think it was before he was elected - were well written.

More on country singer JD Vance:

On Saturday, at a rally in Pennsylvania, Trump was shot in the ear while one person was killed and two injured.

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, Vance claimed Democratic campaign rhetoric “led directly to President Trump’s attempted assassination”.
Ayanna Pressley, a Massachusetts representative and member of the high-profile “squad” of House progressives, pointed to Vance’s opposition to abortion ban exceptions in cases of rape and incest.
In February 2016, in a message to a friend, Vance said: “I go back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical asshole like Nixon who wouldn’t be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he’s America’s Hitler. How’s that for discouraging?”
so as it turns out, perhaps he was saying that approvingly :eek:

More on country singer JD Vance:

so as it turns out, perhaps he was saying that approvingly :eek:
Some of the Republican talking heads on the news are spinning the idea that Democrat rhetoric is to blame for the assassination attempt.

Seen it online, too. Not surprised, that's their tactic.

Judge Cannon - a supporter of rape and pedo
Donald Trump has announced that Ohio senator JD Vance will be his running mate.

During the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Vance was an outspoken critic of Republicannominee Donald Trump. In a February 2016 USA Today column, he wrote that "Trump's actual policy proposals, such as they are, range from immoral to absurd."[129] In the Atlantic and on the PBS show hosted by Charlie Rose,[130] Vance called Trump "cultural heroin"[131] and "an opioid of the masses."[132][133] In October 2016, he called Trump "reprehensible" in a post on Twitter,[134] and called himself a "never-Trump guy."[135] In a private message on Facebook he described Trump as "a cynical asshole like Nixon" and "America's Hitler".[136][137] Vance disclosed that he did not vote for Trump in the 2016 election, but instead voted for a third-party candidate.[138]

If the Dems don’t quote these ad nauseam in their attack ads they’re missing a trick. Just imagine:

Trump as "a cynical asshole like Nixon" and "America's Hitler" J D Vance

I am Joe Biden and I approve this message.

Back
Top Bottom