Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

I also wouldn't be surprised at attempts made on the lives of republican opponents to Trump: Cheney, Kinzinger, Christie, Haley etc...

Husband reckons this has won Trump the election.

I'm not so sure. It will of course give MAGATs a hard-on but not sure it'll mobilise those people who are for some reason not sure whether they'll vote for a rapist criminal wannabe dictator. For the MAGATs this of course gives him a tonne of ammo about how much the Deep State wants him gone because they don't want him to save America.

My odds are if it is a genuine shooting it'll either be someone who thinks Trump isn't being right-wing enough, or someone who has voices in his head telling him to do away with DJT before he steals everyone's potatoes or something.

No, I think people's minds are probably made up already
Maybe, although it occurs to me he could win waverers over if he behaves 'presidentially' over this. His first response seems to have been to call for Americans to 'Stand united', and if he can sustain that (though I doubt it) stay away from 'deep state conspiracy' angles, he might get some wobbling voters to see him as a decent guy. It would be a shrewd move to keep away from conspiracy shit, because the fact is, he doesn't need to do that with the people who are into it, they'll do it anway; he needs to be concerned with the non red-hatters right now, because he has the red-hat vote even if you were literally to produce a video of him pissing on a Bible tomorrow.

Haven't really followed the thread I find it a bit depressing since yesterday with the increased likelihood of Trump being elected. I wonder whether Biden should start concentrating on the Trump followers (perhaps those in the swing states particularly) and the things they've been saying/doing rather than Trump himself, for a while at least.

Haven't really followed the thread I find it a bit depressing since yesterday with the increased likelihood of Trump being elected. I wonder whether Biden should start concentrating on the Trump followers (perhaps those in the swing states particularly) and the things they've been saying/doing rather than Trump himself, for a while at least.

Perfect an Impromptu presidential appearance at a Proud Boys rally in Mississippi, or an NRA knees up in Nebraska.

I think it's a requirement - I remember years ago seeing Republican Congressmen claiming they'd seen aliens and they're steeped in conspiracy theories. But yes how the fuck they get voted in :eek:

He might choose someone like JD Vance. It surprised me when Vance came out in support of Trump, but I reckon he has his eyes on the long game.

He might choose someone like JD Vance. It surprised me when Vance came out in support of Trump, but I reckon he has his eyes on the long game.
He’s a Putinist, so likely to bring a bit of extra help on board if he’s put on the ticket.

Ah OK, I missed that. It hasn't been formally announced yet.

Trump announces Vance as his running mate​

Trump announced Ohio Sen. J.D. Vance will be his running mate, writing on Truth Social that the Ohio Republican is "the person best suited to assume the position of Vice President of the United States."
The decision caps off months of speculation and sees Trump elevate a 39-year-old first-term senator whose roughly year and a half tenure in the Senate has seen him emerge as a staunch ideological ally of the former president.

Back
Top Bottom