Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you disapprove of people who are planning an overseas holiday this summer?

Is planning an overseas holiday this summer the right thing to do

• Yes - I’m already booked and will go away regardless of the rules

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I’d be booked if the testing regime was more relaxed

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I would like a holiday abroad but not until Covid restrictions are over

Votes: 56 41.2%
  • No they’re selfish bastards thinking only of themselves

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • NA - I always holiday within the UK

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • What’s a holiday? I work 400 days a year down the mines

Votes: 25 18.4%

• Total voters
Hope none of the AntiVax mob like Spain :D

Wait hold on

Earlier this month, easyJet issued a warning for Brits as Ibiza and Majorca are introducing new limits on alcoholic drinks for all-inclusive holidays on the Balearic Islands.

easyJet issues a statement for its passengers explaining: "Due to a change in Spanish law which affects certain resorts in the Balearic islands, alcoholic drinks are now limited to three per person at lunch and dinner as part of the all inclusive basis."

three drinks? and you have to have a meal? :mad:

Hope none of the AntiVax mob like Spain :D

Hmm, that could be a problem for people who aren't antivax too. I had my booster in September, so by June I won't be allowed in to Spain. And you can't get another booster privately so it's not just an extra cost, it's an impossibility.

I was vaguely thinking of a holiday in September or something, and am more than happy to get an extra vaccination, but if I can't, well, I can't.

It's just that if you had your 2nd dose >270 days ago, then you must also have had a booster, isn't it? In other words the 270 day limit doesn't also apply to the time you had the booster.

It's just that if you had your 2nd dose >270 days ago, then you must also have had a booster, isn't it? In other words the 270 day limit doesn't also apply to the time you had the booster.

I had my booster in September. Surely it's the time that makes the actual difference in how likely you are to be infectious, not whether it was called a booster or not?

Wait hold on

three drinks? and you have to have a meal? :mad:

Had to look this up as my sister in law and a group of friends have booked Majorca in June for her bday. She would be devastated to hear about any restrictions like that!! But it looks like it's only a few resorts ie Magaluf and San Antonio, not everywhere in the Balearics.

In the news again (has been the case since January 2020) because of the recent Easyjet warning, why can't journalists find out the actual restrictions they're talking about before reporting on it?

Had to look this up as my sister in law and a group of friends have booked Majorca in June for her bday. She would be devastated to hear about any restrictions like that!! But it looks like it's only a few resorts ie Magaluf and San Antonio, not everywhere in the Balearics.

It's a load of bollocks anyway. Can you seriously see bar or waiting staff counting the number of drinks each Brit has with their lunch and cutting them off after 3?

They won't give a toss and there'd probably be riots if they did.

Have a safe trip. I'm here already, fastest ever time through customs!
Have a wonderful time. I’ve just arrived in Mexico City to a message that a client I was working with last weekend has tested positive…I guess I’ll get a test when I get to Ciudad del Carmen (a far cry from Playa del Carmen)

Subject to persuading B-i-Ls to look after M-i-L, we are planning to go to Croatia for a week. I fancy Dubrovnik.

We are growing apart holiday wise. I want to sit by the pool soaking up the sun, before heading off in the evening to find local bars, with interesting beers. Mrs mx wants culture, history, museums, and bed by 10.30 cos we're worn out from walking around. Dubrovnik sounds like a reasonable compromise.

We are growing apart holiday wise. I want to sit by the pool soaking up the sun, before heading off in the evening to find local bars, with interesting beers. Mrs mx wants culture, history, museums, and bed by 10.30 cos we're worn out from walking around. Dubrovnik sounds like a reasonable compromise.

Plenty of places you can do both :) Dubrovnik is a great shout. Lots of beaches with the resort feel (we liked around Uvala Lapad beach) in easy distance of all the history!

Plenty of places you can do both :) Dubrovnik is a great shout. Lots of beaches with the resort feel (we liked around Uvala Lapad beach) in easy distance of all the history!
And I've just found that NK GOSC 1919 Dubrovnik play in the regional third tier of Croatian football, and have home games on 23 April, 30 April and 14 May.

I must start pinning down dates with mrs mx. I have a groundhopper mate who will be furious that someone he knows has ticked a Croatian 3rd tier ground.

And I've just found that NK GOSC 1919 Dubrovnik play in the regional third tier of Croatian football, and have home games on 23 April, 30 April and 14 May.

I must start pinning down dates with mrs mx. I have a groundhopper mate who will be furious that someone he knows has ticked a Croatian 3rd tier ground.
is a groundhopper similar to a train spotter?

I actually looked quite a bit for package holidays last night, given that (a) I really need to just fuck off somewhere and (b) I had a naive expectation that package holidays would have all the covid restrictions etc worked out to avoid that stress on my part, but the latter really doesn't seem to be the case. I checked on e.g. restrictions in Thailand and did the packages mention anything connected? did they fuck.

Half of them seem to be to the UAE anyway and fucked if I'm going there, I have some standards.

I haven’t been on holiday for ten years. I don’t really know how to do holidays. I don’t know how to be with other people for a such long time if I’m going with friends or family. I don’t know how to be on my own for so long if I’m alone.
Just thinking about it for a minute plagues me with questions. How will I sleep? Do I drink my way through it or find a local source of illicit weed and risk being banged up abroad? What if there’s an annoying noise at night? What if it’s too hot? How do you sleep with A/C and/or a ceiling fan on?

I haven’t been on holiday for ten years. I don’t really know how to do holidays. I don’t know how to be with other people for a such long time if I’m going with friends or family. I don’t know how to be on my own for so long if I’m alone.
Just thinking about it for a minute plagues me with questions. How will I sleep? Do I drink my way through it or find a local source of illicit weed and risk being banged up abroad? What if there’s an annoying noise at night? What if it’s too hot? How do you sleep with A/C and/or a ceiling fan on?
TBF, a holiday (or several) would be an excellent way to explore the answers to some of these questions. :)

It sounds massively stressful and best avoided.

Subject to persuading B-i-Ls to look after M-i-L, we are planning to go to Croatia for a week. I fancy Dubrovnik.

It's allowable for couples to not go on holiday together if they want different things.

Yeah, the plan is that we do this break, then my wife and daughter do a similar away trip. While I go off in my van to festivals. #

Back
Top Bottom