Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you disapprove of people who are planning an overseas holiday this summer?

Is planning an overseas holiday this summer the right thing to do

• Yes - I’m already booked and will go away regardless of the rules

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I’d be booked if the testing regime was more relaxed

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I would like a holiday abroad but not until Covid restrictions are over

Votes: 56 41.2%
  • No they’re selfish bastards thinking only of themselves

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • NA - I always holiday within the UK

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • What’s a holiday? I work 400 days a year down the mines

Votes: 25 18.4%

• Total voters
someone told me the French rules were "having had a booster in the past 9 months" but when I checked the rule is (currently) "having had a booster within 9 month of the second vaccination", and changes will probably occur again on these. So yeah, keep checking.

Just got back from France yesterday. Had vaccination status checked when entering from the UK 10 days ago, but was never asked for any proof while there for anything, or on return. Did a passenger locator form for arrival but that was never looked at either. Mask wearing is very high though, pretty much universal apart from bars/cafes when people are eating etc.

Just got back from France yesterday. Had vaccination status checked when entering from the UK 10 days ago, but was never asked for any proof while there for anything, or on return. Did a passenger locator form for arrival but that was never looked at either. Mask wearing is very high though, pretty much universal apart from bars/cafes when people are eating etc.

Nothing needed to enter the U.K. for vaccinated or unvaccinated people, no tests, no forms. This is how the rest of Europe will shortly be, the US / Canada to follow. Christ knows when the Far East will sort their shit out though.

Thanks we're off to Rhodes! Can't wait to look around lots of ancient ruins heh :D

Well we're here!

After some hours missed sleep - OH left it a bit late to download her nhs travel pass, greece are apparently doing random checks at the border what happens if they pick us and we're positive etc etc. Got all our vaccine docs ready and not a single person asked to see it, not at the airline gate or on arrival! And no sign of random tests. Oh well can't complain, hotel is dead swish, on the beach, all inc and adults only, very peaceful.

Nothing needed to enter the U.K. for vaccinated or unvaccinated people, no tests, no forms. This is how the rest of Europe will shortly be, the US / Canada to follow. Christ knows when the Far East will sort their shit out though.
What are the current rules for visiting Switzerland?

From the UK yes CoVID pass on the phone good enough? no time restrictions? this if it happens will be in August.

NHS app is fine, no time restrictions so far. Also every chance that they will follow the UK in binning off all restrictions including the need to be jabbed up.

Any recent recs for tests prior to travel to US?

You still need to do a test a day before travel so needs to be a telehealth service.

Ta

Going to a wedding in Greece in June which has been postponed a couple of times already. Have a Eurostar trip postponed to September for Amsterdam as well. Hotels are so expensive though.

Did have my honeymoon booked for 2020 in the Amalfi Coast but in the meantime decided not to get married. Luckily have got back money for flights and a voucher for the hotel.

I need to go to Malaysia in the next couple of months to visit my wife's dying uncle with her. I don't suppose anyone has any good advice for entering/exiting the country?

I think we'll need clear tests etc. and proof of vaccination status, but as we're about to book flights, not sure if there are variations between whether you go via Doha, Singapore or Kuala Lumpur (we'll have one onward flight to Penang from any of the above).

I need to go to Malaysia in the next couple of months to visit my wife's dying uncle with her. I don't suppose anyone has any good advice for entering/exiting the country?

I think we'll need clear tests etc. and proof of vaccination status, but as we're about to book flights, not sure if there are variations between whether you go via Doha, Singapore or Kuala Lumpur (we'll have one onward flight to Penang from any of the above).

Current rules for Malaysia:

Proof of vaccination status, two shots, booster not required.
PCR test in the 2 days prior to departure.
Professionally administered antigen test within 24 hours of arrival.
This app on your phone: MySejahtera
Proof of health insurance with Covid cover.

Makes no difference if you go via Doha, Singapore, Dubai etc. so long as you stay airside when you transit.

Current rules for Malaysia:

Proof of vaccination status, two shots, booster not required.
PCR test in the 2 days prior to departure.
Professionally administered antigen test within 24 hours of arrival.
This app on your phone: MySejahtera
Proof of health insurance with Covid cover.

Makes no difference if you go via Doha, Singapore, Dubai etc. so long as you stay airside when you transit.
Cheers for this! Tallies with what I was expecting, although apparently they've just updated guidance from May 1st so you no longer need any tests or health insurance, so that makes things easier!

Cheers for this! Tallies with what I was expecting, although apparently they've just updated guidance from May 1st so you no longer need any tests or health insurance, so that makes things easier!

Confirmation for you...

AAA.JPG

Fully vaccinated travellers, alongside those under the age of 12, will be permitted to enter Malaysia without undergoing pre-arrival testing. COVID-19 insurance is also no longer required to be shown and travellers only need to complete the pre-departure form via the MySejahtera App.

This is more a Brexit query than a Covid one but someone here might know - a friend of mine is Polish and also has British citizenship. She's supposed to be visiting Poland soon with her son who only has a British passport, but she is worried that he won't be allowed to enter on it as Poland will consider him Polish and will only allow him to enter on a Polish passport (doesn't recognise dual citizenship). This apparently wasn't an issue when we were all EU citizens but could be a problem now the British passport is a foreign ones.
Sounds crazy to me, but is she right?

In South Africa you have to always enter on your South African passport if you have dual citizenship. My sons, born in the UK, enter on their British passports as I've never applied for their SA ones. So I'm guessing if he was born in Poland or has ever had a Polish passport, then he will need to enter on a Polish passport.

This is more a Brexit query than a Covid one but someone here might know - a friend of mine is Polish and also has British citizenship. She's supposed to be visiting Poland soon with her son who only has a British passport, but she is worried that he won't be allowed to enter on it as Poland will consider him Polish and will only allow him to enter on a Polish passport (doesn't recognise dual citizenship). This apparently wasn't an issue when we were all EU citizens but could be a problem now the British passport is a foreign ones.
Sounds crazy to me, but is she right?

How would Polish immigration know that he’s Polish? He’s just showing up with a U.K. passport and a Polish mum, if they don’t accept dual nationality then he’s clearly taken the dad’s one and is therefore British. And really not sure why Brexit would alter things here, you always had to go through passport control between the U.K. and Poland.

How would Polish immigration know that he’s Polish? He’s just showing up with a U.K. passport and a Polish mum, if they don’t accept dual nationality then he’s clearly taken the dad’s one and is therefore British. And really not sure why Brexit would alter things here, you always had to go through passport control between the U.K. and Poland.
She thinks because she is Polish he is automatically Polish (to the Polish state) so the immigration will know. And previously it didn't matter as it was all EU passports, but now the British passport is foreign.
She tried to travel back to Poland recently on her British passport and got lots of hassle at the border and was held up for ages before eventually being let through.

She thinks because she is Polish he is automatically Polish (to the Polish state) so the immigration will know. And previously it didn't matter as it was all EU passports, but now the British passport is foreign.
She tried to travel back to Poland recently on her British passport and got lots of hassle at the border and was held up for ages before eventually being let through.
She's right that her son is automatically a Polish citizen by right of descent but surely she would needed to have registered his birth with the Polish Embassy/Consulate? It's not like the registry office wherever she lives will have notified them. Unless she is planning to take her Polish passport and his birth certificate and have a barney with the immigration staff. Poland allows dual citizenship so you can have both.

She's right that her son is automatically a Polish citizen by right of descent but surely she would needed to have registered his birth with the Polish Embassy/Consulate? It's not like the registry office wherever she lives will have notified them. Unless she is planning to take her Polish passport and his birth certificate and have a barney with the immigration staff. Poland allows dual citizenship so you can have both.
Although my boys go through on their UK passports, I always get hassled at the South African border about why I've not registered them. Which is purely down to laziness on my part.

Any recent recs for tests prior to travel to US?

You still need to do a test a day before travel so needs to be a telehealth service.

Ta
In case it’s of use to anyone I used these people as they were the cheapest accessible to me:

All worked fine - got results by email within 30 mins then uploaded to VeriFLY app which enabled me to check-in online to BA flight. No trouble at airport and no masks on flight (5 hour delay at LHR but not Covid related).

Back
Top Bottom