Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Time to Close This Forum?

I tested positive for the first time about 4 weeks ago.
Probably caught it visiting my Mum in hospital.
Felt rough for a couple of days, aching bones etc then tired for about 2 weeks.

Winter here in Aus - only over 75s and immunocompromised are being offered the Vax this year. But my colleague and his 2 young kids have tested positive last week + quite a lot of other people I know. I'm not sure how many people are in hospital or dying from it though - I'll see if we even have a dashboard any more.

The town I live in opened up for direct flights from Melbourne again, just last week - so it can't be that bad :hmm:

Today Screenshot_20240623-112013.png

Screenshot_20240623-112003.png

A year ago today
.Screenshot_20240623-112843.pngScreenshot_20240623-112852.png

Last edited:
Dad tested positive yesterday.
Mum tested positive today

I think it's only a matter of time now that myself and sis will get it.
Neither of us have been vaccinated in over 2 years because of adverse vaccine reactions. Hers...a stroke. Mine...reactivated autoimmune liver disease and heart issues.

So we will probably test positive within the next week or so. I am dreading it..but hoping to be able to fight it off.

Fuck.

Last edited:
I had it last week. It wasn't that bad. Two days off work. Back to normal now.
Lucky you... 🤗

I am on immunosuppressants. With kidney and liver disease and heart issues. I just hope I can avoid catching it. But it's not easy steering clear of an 85 yr old mum who needs help. I'm wearing an n95 mask and gloves whenever I need to go into her bedroom.
I wish I had a functioning immune system that didn't do things like try to kill me.
Bloody scary...

Question for elbows and anyone who knows about this stuff.

I'm 4 days negative but feeling tired and have sneezes and a cough
Could my immumosuppŕssion be I fluencing the test?
No sign of a high temperature..in fact my temperature is 37.5 this morning.

I am wearing a mask all the time except in my bedroom

Nervous..and a bit scared.

I dont have anything much to say with great confidence about this.

But its probably not terribly unusual to still feel tired and to have some lingering symptoms, even when the virus is well past the stage where it would lead to a positive test.

If you google "covid testing negative but still feel ill" you will find a number of articles from recent years that say more on this overall subject. Which is those actually apply to you I obviously cannot say with certainty.

But put it this way, nothing you have said seems to offer reasons to be scared. If it were me I would take it nice and slowly, go easy on yourself, your body has been battling something and will take a little time to be back to feeling completely normal, even though the battle sounds like its already been won. Assume everything will be fine unless your condition takes a new turn for the worse. If in doubt, seek professional advice.

4 days negative since testing positive?
Recovery can take a lot longer than that, last time it took me weeks and weeks to shake off fatigue, moodiness and lack of appetite.

Don't know about sneezing, but coughing seems to linger on for a long time.

Don't know anything about the meds you are on.

For me - whilst the getting-over-it-period has always been long-winded and annoying, i knew and felt that i was over the worst, physically. Ir at least that it wouldn't get any worse.

Good luck 👍

4 days negative since testing positive?
Recovery can take a lot longer than that, last time it took me weeks and weeks to shake off fatigue, moodiness and lack of appetite.

Don't know about sneezing, but coughing seems to linger on for a long time.

Don't know anything about the meds you are on.

For me - whilst the getting-over-it-period has always been long-winded and annoying, i knew and felt that i was over the worst, physically. Ir at least that it wouldn't get any worse.

Good luck 👍
Thanks
I have not had a positive test ...yet.
I am on immunosuppressants and have symptoms but the antigen tests are not showing as positive.
I go nowhere so the symptoms are likely covid...

Thanks
I am on immunosuppressants and have symptoms but the antigen tests are not showing as positive.
When i felt like having it but tested negative i tested again and it showed positive.

I think once you've done a few tests and always negative you can sort of trust them.

Positive is bound to show at some point.

(Nothing scientific about my guesses / experiences)

I woke up this morning with sore throat, headache etc and thought I'd do a test. I still have two boxes but all expired a year ago and while I gave it a go the little plastic vials of fluid (I used to know what that was called) have almost dried up. Not sure it really matters whether I have covid or a cold. Came to work anyway as working mostly alone today.

I woke up this morning with sore throat, headache etc and thought I'd do a test. I still have two boxes but all expired a year ago and while I gave it a go the little plastic vials of fluid (I used to know what that was called) have almost dried up. Not sure it really matters whether I have covid or a cold. Came to work anyway as working mostly alone today.
Last time i had symptoms i used tests that had expired 9 months previously and i had to mix 3 or 4 liquids together to get a workable amount. I tested positive no probs.
If test would have failed / negative i probably would have bought new ones, just in case.

Thanks
Disregard my previous advice. Because when you said "I'm 4 days negative" I took that as the language of someone who had previous tested positive but had then tested negative for 4 days in a row more recently. Having now read various other posts by you, I see that the situation was not that.

I think the number of weekly deaths due to Covid 19 in June 2024 is alarming.
If that one counts as alarming then so do all the other weekly death figures of recent years, including ones from June last year. I suspect that a lot of people dont see that amount of deaths as alarming because there isnt much focus on such numbers so they dont regularly even see them, and when there is, its treated as something to view relative to the much higher death peaks we got in the pre-vaccine, pre-Omicrom and 'vaccines still fairly new' eras. Personally the only reason I ever stopped going on about such figures was because of how many people had moved on, the general acceptance that covid isnt going away, etc.

Certainly we've reached the stage in this current wave where the BBC felt the need to do an article on it. With all the usual stuff, relying on Paul Hunter to continue the normalisatyion rhetoric, a purpose for which he has been used dating back to well before the normalisation agenda stood any chance of winning. Mostly all thats changed in his rhetoric is that at some stage he was forced to drop the expectation that this disease would adopt a seasonal pattern.

The usual contradictions are present, we are invited by his rhetoric to treat it as another cause of the common cold. But official advice to avoid contact with the vulnerable if you have symptoms is inconsistent with the 'common cold' comparison, as are other things like the vaccines and the likes of the BBC feeling the need to write an article about it in the first place.

Surveillance data is weaker than it used to be due to the erosion of a multitude of testing regimes, so there is less I can say about waves these days than I used to be able to.

Back
Top Bottom