Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you disapprove of people who are planning an overseas holiday this summer?

Is planning an overseas holiday this summer the right thing to do

• Yes - I’m already booked and will go away regardless of the rules

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I’d be booked if the testing regime was more relaxed

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I would like a holiday abroad but not until Covid restrictions are over

Votes: 56 41.2%
  • No they’re selfish bastards thinking only of themselves

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • NA - I always holiday within the UK

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • What’s a holiday? I work 400 days a year down the mines

Votes: 25 18.4%

• Total voters
Most airlines do collect the info before allowing you to check in, you physically can't check in with someone like BA unless the info is in their system. People often forget they have entered it as there's so much other crap going on. The airline Spy flew with is a much smaller operation than BA, they would be happy to know that the UK passenger locator form has been completed, in order to do that you must make a legal declaration that you have met all the conditions needed to enter the UK, so if you've lied you could find yourself in very expensive trouble.

I think that the wise thing to do is - unlike our tabloid press - to stop seeing the whole thing in a childlike way, whereby holidays abroad are some sort of right that's been taken away by the Nasty Man, and accept that, right now, they're just a bit incompatible with an infectious virus sweeping the world.

I had a good deal more faith in humanity's ability to do the Right Thing before this business started; now, I can't help but wonder whether we're all a lot more like a bunch of big needy kids than I ever realised.
Things are looking up!

Most airlines do collect the info before allowing you to check in, you physically can't check in with someone like BA unless the info is in their system. People often forget they have entered it as there's so much other crap going on. The airline Spy flew with is a much smaller operation than BA, they would be happy to know that the UK passenger locator form has been completed, in order to do that you must make a legal declaration that you have met all the conditions needed to enter the UK, so if you've lied you could find yourself in very expensive trouble.
Aye, we flew with Ryanair (shamed) and they had all the info already. On the way back we had to show the PLF to a member of airport staff as well and she asked to see our PCR results too. She wasn’t having it they we needed LFTs not PCRs but was perfectly happy with the (easily fakeable) results of the LFT.

i had an idle google yesterday, looking at places closer to the equator with a vague idea of how nice it would be to not be cold for a bit, and there are a whole bunch of countries with massively tourist-reliant economies who are still completely closed, no flights bookable at all no visas at least not until sometime next year (Laos, Cambodia, but not just them). It's getting on for two years and i have no idea how people are coping who normally rely on tourism for their work. Learnt also that Mauritania has amazing beaches btw, just the whole you might get yr head chopped off thing is a bit not so relaxing.

I know it's wrong of me but reports like this make me feel very smug

One of my closest friends is in one. She got caught in SA visiting her dying mother, now dead, and now has to pay for her quarantine on her carer's pay. Carry on feeling smug.

I know it's wrong of me but reports like this make me feel very smug

I'm all for careless, selfish people feeling the cold winds of consequence blowing through them, but these quarantine hotels are exploitative and abusive, and even if some of those ending up in them warrant such treatment, it's unhelpful and counterproductive - it's just the system gaming people...so no wonder people then feel entitled to game the system.

And, for those who, for whatever reason, find themselves trapped in a situation where they have to fork over thousands to Johnson's cronies, just to be treated like mugs and suckers, because by bad luck or circumstance they needed to travel...I have nothing but contempt for a system that aims to profit from their distress.

Hi everyone. Any recommendations for a 2 day PCR test when I arrive back in the UK early Jan? I was going to use Dante again, but see they are under investigation.

Had dozens of people every day telling us they are flying tomorrow and what do they need to do :facepalm: fair percentage of them unvaccinated too 😡🙄

The PCR testing centres are rammed and a lot of countries want an 'in clinic' test rather than at home testing. The prices seem to range from £20 to £150 depending on the person's vaccine status and where they are travelling to.

Hi everyone. Any recommendations for a 2 day PCR test when I arrive back in the UK early Jan? I was going to use Dante again, but see they are under investigation.

Amazon have just started doing them for £35.

Amazon are evil of course but I hope their entry into the market will bring the prices down from other providers

Argh, went to book my day 2 test from the same provider I used last time and they have suspended service. I want the cheapest one, speed not important. And no, I haven't been on sodding holiday.

Argh, went to book my day 2 test from the same provider I used last time and they have suspended service. I want the cheapest one, speed not important. And no, I haven't been on sodding holiday.
Randox click and collect for £35, gets the results back you before midnight the next day after you put in their collection box.

Randox click and collect for £35, gets the results back you before midnight the next day after you put in their collection box.
I did have a look at Randox but no idea how/where to collect from. Speed isn't an issue and I suspect arriving in the UK next week just before Christmas will be chaos re testing anyway.

Back
Top Bottom