Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you disapprove of people who are planning an overseas holiday this summer?

Is planning an overseas holiday this summer the right thing to do

• Yes - I’m already booked and will go away regardless of the rules

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I’d be booked if the testing regime was more relaxed

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I would like a holiday abroad but not until Covid restrictions are over

Votes: 56 41.2%
  • No they’re selfish bastards thinking only of themselves

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • NA - I always holiday within the UK

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • What’s a holiday? I work 400 days a year down the mines

Votes: 25 18.4%

• Total voters
I have some questions, because eventually I'm going to have to travel:
1. Are airlines putting less people on the flights? For social distancing. Tbh I cannot afford the extra costs this will cause but I looked at flights at a time of year I usually book for and they've doubled.
2. Will my children have to wear masks cause I don't think they'll be able to fully comply?
3. If I have a Ew hours stopover in a green country having come from a red country, will I have to quarantine?
Bahnhof Strasse , can I pick your brain?
My mum is in her late 80s with MS and I need to go.

1. No. Alitalia was, Swiss is in business class in Europe, but generally no so you could be in the middle of a row of three with strangers on either side.
2. How old are the children? Will be the rues for the countries you are travelling between, last summer my then 7 year old was shouted at to put her mask on by a guy in the seat in front.
3. Not sure I understand. If coming from a green country and you stop in a red country then red rules apply. If coming from red country via a green one then red rules apply. Where is your mum?
Just go nagapie you will regret it if you leave it too late.

does your whole family have to isolate then?

ps - you have my sympathy
The wife already had to the same date anyway as she is only single jabbed

"Parents or guardians are responsible for ensuring their children (under the age of 18) follow these rules." is in the email, so I assume kids too

Apologies it it's already been linked to, but this is a pretty good checker for the current Covid state of play for travel:

One of a number of tools you need, it is good but no one thing is 100% accurate. Sherpa is too cautious and indicates that you need to quarantine more than you really do. Every query needs checking with that, IATA, Exlog and the FCO and often with the country you are planning on going to, their own site too.

Just been tracked and traced, from the day of our return flight (a week today) and have to isolate until Friday. PITA.
it took a week for you to be notified but they reckon the contact was positive when they were on your flight? that doesn't seem very excellent. There were people coughing all over the place on my return flight, the dodgy bastards.

it took a week for you to be notified but they reckon the contact was positive when they were on your flight? that doesn't seem very excellent. There were people coughing all over the place on my return flight, the dodgy bastards.

Swiss are big on smoking though...

We arrived back Monday and did our day two (or before) tests on Tuesday and got negative results on Wednesday. Anyone else doing a day 2 test from that flight could of done as late as Wednesday and I guess if they left it late in the day, not got their results back until Friday, or maybe Saturday? Then presumably they or the testing lab report the positive result and the track and trace happens.....

I have some questions, because eventually I'm going to have to travel:
3. If I have a Ew hours stopover in a green country having come from a red country, will I have to quarantine?
Bahnhof Strasse , can I pick your brain?
My mum is in her late 80s with MS and I need to go.
Go visit your mum
pretty sure you would need 10 days stopover in a green country after a red list one to not have to quarantine on returning to the UK

I’m well paranoid now. Just coughed. It does seem wrong that I don’t have to quarantine at all.
ETA think I’ll stay home this eve instead of visiting my friend & her new kitten , do a mini quarantine just til i get the test result.

Last edited:
1. No. Alitalia was, Swiss is in business class in Europe, but generally no so you could be in the middle of a row of three with strangers on either side.
2. How old are the children? Will be the rues for the countries you are travelling between, last summer my then 7 year old was shouted at to put her mask on by a guy in the seat in front.
3. Not sure I understand. If coming from a green country and you stop in a red country then red rules apply. If coming from red country via a green one then red rules apply. Where is your mum?
Just go nagapie you will regret it if you leave it too late.
The problem is I'm South African so currently a red country which means I can't go as could never afford a quarantine hotel, can barely afford the flights.
My children are 11 and 7. 11 year old will wear a mask but couldn't manage to keep it on the whole flight. 7 year old, no way. And if anyone shouted at him, I'd probably punch them as he has some special needs.
I'm wanting to book for April. Will my flights be transferable if SA is still red?

The problem is I'm South African so currently a red country which means I can't go as could never afford a quarantine hotel, can barely afford the flights.
My children are 11 and 7. 11 year old will wear a mask but couldn't manage to keep it on the whole flight. 7 year old, no way. And if anyone shouted at him, I'd probably punch them as he has some special needs.
I'm wanting to book for April. Will my flights be transferable if SA is still red?

OK, April is fucking miles away in Covid times (of course in normal flight booking times now is when you should book, but we are not in normal times). So anything can happen. So book it and see what happens.
Again all this WILL change between now and next April, but as of today 7 year old will need a mask unless you get an exemption lanyard (ebay) but no one really gives much of a toss about kids not wearing them. Once on the flight the configuration of most long-haul aircraft is 3-4-3, stick 7 year old by the window and remove mask. You can take your masks off for eating and drinking anyway, so tubes of Pringles and so on will allow you to do this, as it is an overnight flight (except KLM) most people will sleep/doze and not pay you any attention. We got shouted at on a flight to Berlin, the shouter was German....

All flights booked now can be rebooked with no penalty, book with BA and you can rebook to anywhere on their network. You can't have a refund unless the airline cancels the flight though.

Book it, you have nothing to lose. If you like PM me and I'll book it, I don't charge fees or that to urbanites (I don't usually want them to book with me!) but it will make changes easier for you if you need to.

OK, April is fucking miles away in Covid times (of course in normal flight booking times now is when you should book, but we are not in normal times). So anything can happen. So book it and see what happens.
Again all this WILL change between now and next April, but as of today 7 year old will need a mask unless you get an exemption lanyard. Once on the flight the configuration of most long-haul aircraft is 3-4-3, stick 7 year old by the window and remove mask. You can take your masks off for eating and drinking anyway, so tubes of Pringles and so on will allow you to do this, as it is an overnight flight (except KLM) most people will sleep/doze and not pay you any attention. We got shouted at on a flight to Berlin, the shouter was German....

All flights booked now can be rebooked with no penalty, book with BA and you can rebook to anywhere on their network. You can't have a refund unless the airline cancels the flight though.

Bok it, you have nothing to lose. If you like PM me and I'll book it, I don't charge fees or that to urbanites (I don't usually want them to book with me!) but it will make changes easier for you if you need to.
Thanks. I really appreciate all the advice and the offers.
Right now the dates I can go are not affordable on BA, I would usually fly with them. I don't know why they're so expensive, the European airlines look ok.
Thinking I may have to go via Frankfurt on Lufthansa but need to have a proper look.
May get back to you and take up the offer if I can't make sense of it all as also have to fly into Cape Town and out of Johannesburg.

Thanks. I really appreciate all the advice and the offers.
Right now the dates I can go are not affordable on BA, I would usually fly with them. I don't know why they're so expensive, the European airlines look ok.
Thinking I may have to go via Frankfurt on Lufthansa but need to have a proper look.
May get back to you and take up the offer if I can't make sense of it all as also have to fly into Cape Town and out of Johannesburg.

PM me your dates and I'll have a look for you.

Have read a few articles about airport troubles. Heathrow appears about 50% down on flights but aircraft noise is almost 0 in South London. Are thousands of people still flying off on holiday? Personally I think things are way too uncertain.

People who have done this, how and how quickly did you get the result of your day 2 pcr test after returning home was it just an email?

People who have done this, how and how quickly did you get the result of your day 2 pcr test after returning home was it just an email?
Next day - did it last Tuesday, dropped it to a Randox drop box about 3pm, had the results back the next afternoon by email

Just had to get an Antigen test for BB1 to fly from Crete to Athens, it cost €18 and they emailed the certificate in 20 minutes, why so fucking expensive in the UK???
Ha UK is a bargain, I had to get mine in swissland, 75 francs just the lateral flow bugger. And he only did my nose.

Reposted from the Covid info thread...

Anyone know if the Covid travel test using your saliva is accepted by the British authorities when entering the UK? I'm hoping to travel to London from Madrid this Saturday but would prefer to avoid taking a test that involves anything up my nose, but also want to be sure a saliva accepted would be accepted when I travel.

Reposted from the Covid info thread...
i don't think so. They list the types of test acceptable on the gov.uk website. here you go, here's their very easy to understand requirements.

Its like they think we will actually understand what any of it means.

Idk if any of them use saliva instead of nose poking, never heard of one that does.

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 17.48.54.png

Last edited:
She's with us, but is by far the most accomplished traveller of the lot of us.
Ah right. My lads in Corfu on an all inclusive with two mates for £25 a day 😂 The room is fucking hilarious, three lads on three single beds, an old school TV bolted to the wall, and no air con during an actual fucking 40 degree heat wave. Between the three of them, one has had his phone nicked, one dropped it in the pool, and my lad left his in the sun and it packed in. Flying back to Manchester at 11.30pm Turkish time (that’ll be the £40 flight) with no way to access tickets or boarding passes with Ryan Air who are gonna shaft them. Character building 😬

edit: I really want him home 😭

Back
Top Bottom