Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cricket World Cup 2023

Pakistan just about clinging in there in the chase. This could potentially be the close game people have been waiting for. Or they could lose a couple of quick wickets and it'll be more or less over.

The required RR has crept up to about 8.5.

Next over needs 13 to catch up... Pakistan are just not scoring highly enough.

Usama's debut gets even better. Drops Warner on 10 who goes on to score 160. Then goes for almost 10 an over. Then has a three ball duck. I'm fairly sure I would have had a better start to my international career. That drop was shocking. His fingers didn't even touch it.

Big win for Aus in the end, but it was in the balance until the last hour, so an improvement on most of the matches.

Tourno is wide open now. India and NZ virtually nailed on for the semis, then perm any two from Pak, Aus, SA and England. England will be right up against it if they lose tomorrow. Win and they're back in the mix. Way it's going, fourth place may well go to a team with only five wins.

Was making this point to my mate this morning. I said I didn’t understand England’s obsession with batting second. He said something about dew etc. I’m with you LBJ

It's painful to watch all the players cramp up.

I cannot believe England chose to field in this heat and let the saffas have the cooler evening.

They should open with Wood and Atkinson next time.

Fucking hell that was shoddy. From deciding to field onwards.

Joss Buttler speaks. Apparently they could have chased 350 but 400 was too much. They lost by 229 runs. The biggest ever defeat they've suffered by SA.

And admits bowling first was a disaster. He's utterly deluded.

I thought if we restricted them in 340-350 then we’d be in the game, bowling first is potentially a mistake in incredibly tough conditions. Everyone put in a great shift - the humidity, cramps and all other challenges… the loss leaves with no room for error.”

Bowling first was brainless.

England now need to win every game to have a realistic chance of progressing. A good tournament to win from here!

Back
Top Bottom