Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

'Conspiraloons' in the ascendancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
out and out conspiracy theorist because i think Diana was probably murdered, and i believe in the existance of the bilderberg group??

This ^^ is fair comment, I was just about to point out that trev is only a conspiracy theorist as far as Diana is concerned.

This ^^ is fair comment, I was just about to point out that trev is only a conspiracy theorist as far as Diana is concerned.

i dunno what the other poster said about AIDS but if it was that it was created in a lab in the US by the CIA then you could add that to my list cos it makes a lot more sense than green monkeys spreading it

i dunno what the other poster said about AIDS but if it was that it was created in a lab in the US by the CIA then you could add that to my list cos it makes a lot more sense than green monkeys spreading it

In that case I withdraw my pervious post.

Its a small group I agree.

They are:

Jazzz
Xes
Trev Hagl
Phil Dwyer
and
taffboy gwyrdd (?)

Any more?
I think there are many more who are suspicious of various things or interested, but can't stand the lynch mob mentality on urban75 when it comes to challenging material of this nature. I've certainly had many pms saying as such over the years.

There's been quite a few others who have been banned too, which is a shame I think.

I think there are many more who are suspicious of various things or interested, but can't stand the lynch mob mentality on urban75 when it comes to challenging material of this nature. I've certainly had many pms saying as such over the years.

There's been quite a few others who have been banned too, which is a shame I think.

good point. It's like being in the dodgy boozers i go to and shouting "Actually i think the media are lying about immigration"

I think there are many more who are suspicious of various things or interested, but can't stand the lynch mob mentality on urban75 when it comes to challenging material of this nature.

There are plenty of people that are suspicious of allsorts of things on here, including the majority that challenge you.

The different is they do not tend to constantly post the same old bonkers theories, whilst constantly ignoring the evidence from reliable sources and basic facts that debunk those theories.

I've certainly had many pms saying as such over the years.

Many PMs of support – lol. :D

At OP.
It should be, the whole fucking point of the internet is less people blindly believing authority. :rolleyes:
I mean, there might be a little overkill, but generally, it's a good thing.

i do think it's 'cool' to ridicule anyone with a conspiracy theory.

Thankfully nothing i like has been cool for at least 3 decades (proper punk rock etc) and i ain't gonna change now!

there may well be some loons out there but most of the people i've seen ganged up on and ridiculed are putting forward perfectly likely scenarios.
If you are unfamiliar with the topic manner is it not possible you're mistaken about how possible it is? Thus to you it might appear that it is perfectly likely but to others it is obvious that it isn't.

That would merit an explanation of why it's not possible, but if the person expounding the flawed theory has been told that it's ludicrous in the past and is continuing to refuse to learn or accept that they are mistaken then the point of treating it like a sensible question/theory starts to evaporate.

Then you have Jazzz who doesn't believe in science unless it agrees with him.

Diana being murdered! I thought we'd done that though?

You claimed Diana's bodyguard was paid off by the security services, when it shown to you that Al Fayed's lawyer admitted that this claim wasn't substantiated, you changed your tune and claimed Paul Henri was the one paid off.

Idiotic nonsense.

depends how much faith you have in the media & establishment. I personally think they might LIE to us.

They aren't monotonically institutes. Most of the news agencies need freelancers, to suggest all these people are in on it is idiotic.

there may well be some loons out there but most of the people i've seen ganged up on and ridiculed are putting forward perfectly likely scenarios.

Examples?[/QUOTE]

Diana being murdered! I thought we'd done that though?

You think you were 'putting forward perfectly likely scenarios', despite having admitted that you hadn't actually read the coverage of the inquest, which had dealt with those scenarios - lol. :D

You were putting forward idiotic claims, that were suitably challenged by others, using facts and including the use of the actual inquest evidence - that's not 'ganging-up', that's reasoned debate. :facepalm:

You think you were 'putting forward perfectly likely scenarios', despite having admitted that you hadn't actually read the coverage of the inquest, which had dealt with those scenarios - lol. :D

You were putting forward idiotic claims, that were suitably challenged by others, using facts and including the use of the actual inquest evidence - that's not 'ganging-up', that's reasoned debate. :facepalm:

this is going round in circles. Are you saying that as i didn't have personal PROOF that Michael Jackson was a paedophile, then he DEFINATELY WASN'T! This is the logic you're using, and you are forgetting just how powerful the establishment are. Look at David Kelly.

this is going round in circles. Are you saying that as i didn't have personal PROOF that Michael Jackson was a paedophile, then he DEFINATELY WASN'T! This is the logic you're using, and you are forgetting just how powerful the establishment are. Look at David Kelly.

Aye to that.

I don't usually have much time for Peter Hitchens, but he has a good blast against the "conspiracy theory" denialists in his recent book:

"by using this silly and misleading term they are blinding themselves to a real process, which takes place often in the modern world. Those who choose to believe that in modern London nobody has confidential discussions to obtain a co-ordinated purpose, in the hope that outsiders are unaware of this collusion, are voluntarily depriving themselves of important knowledge. They are also exposing their naivety about politics and the media."

And, I would add, a forteriori about "science."

depends how much faith you have in the media & establishment. I personally think they might LIE to us.

You what?

Loonspud, nutbobbin, bonkersman. The media lie to us? Scientists mislead the public? Scientists, who everybody knows are completely objective and disinterested in all their endeavors?

Hahahahahaha. Ban this fool immediately please.

Aye to that.

I don't usually have much time for Peter Hitchens, but he has a good blast against the "conspiracy theory" denialists in his recent book:

"by using this silly and misleading term they are blinding themselves to a real process, which takes place often in the modern world. Those who choose to believe that in modern London nobody has confidential discussions to obtain a co-ordinated purpose, in the hope that outsiders are unaware of this collusion, are voluntarily depriving themselves of important knowledge. They are also exposing their naivety about politics and the media."

And, I would add, a forteriori about "science."

very good quote, something the others on here should bear in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom