Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can someone give me a link that helps me to prove the the Freeman on the land bullshit is nonsense.

Yeah - how many castles have they taken control of then?

No one has taken over any castle.

A couple of dozen of anti-lockdown loons claimed to have done during a brief protest, police turned-up, one arrested and the rest fucked-off.

No one has taken over any castle.

A couple of dozen of anti-lockdown loons claimed to have done during a brief protest, police turned-up, one arrested and the rest fucked-off.
Good to see you gleefully celebrating the cops in their suppression of activism.

That's irrelevant, everyone knows there's only one real way to measure proper, practical, real-world political impact. And how many bus stop windows have the FOTLers broken, eh?

well, the paris commune controlled the louvre, the tuileries, and a lot of others parisian castles. in russia, dvinsk regiment took the kremlin & the city hall. there was the house of anarchy and other fancy buildings.
the maknovist must have controlled some ukranian castles & though the republicans lost the siege of alcazar, they controlled many other castles like castell de cardona & castell de montjuïc.
the anarchist of malmö, sweden, operated out of the 'winter palace' and occupied 'the castle' for 6 months, back in the day.

of course, there is The Gatehouse website record of The Castles of the Anarchy by Charles L. H. Coulson and Edmund King (ed)

and there is this

Which castle was this, so that I can assess the degree of accomplishment? Thanks.
It was in either Lausanne or Lucerne, can’t remember which, but it was up the side of a mountain on the way in and looked amazing. I was trying to find it on google earth but failed, but might have reference to it on a list of gigs somewhere. Not as big as the tower blocks taken in Berlin though, they seemed a greater accomplishment IMO.

The Edinburgh News has come up with an interesting take on it.

Mind you, castle-storming is not what it once was. Back in the day, you needed to tool up before taking on the battlements. The guys inside would have locked the gates and would be firing sharp pointy things at you. Very hot oil would be poured down on your head and I’m not referring to the lavender-scented scalp-massage variety. Health and safety was not a priority.

Modern storming would seem to be steaming past the ticket office, brushing off the hi-vis jacket wearing custodians (who are all lovely) and then honking about the place like over-excited geese. We should be grateful. This modern army was seizing the castle for the people, by lawful means, although I suppose technically not stumping up the entrance fee isn’t lawful.

Good that they brushed up on the law before setting out. Sadly, though, it was the wrong law. They wittered on about Article 61 of the Magna Carta, which was signed in 1215 in England by an English king.

These Scottish patriots seemed to be unaware that Scotland was literally another country at the time. Next time they may want to quote something more relevant, like Section 15, Paragraph 15.1, Subsection 15.1.1, Clause 5 (b) of the Terms and Conditions for their Hoover warranty.

:D

I love it when they get all pumped up and think they’re some kind of authentic Voice of the People for society at large, rather than a handful of fucking fruitcakes that most of society would cross a busy dual carriageway to avoid
And even they themselves know they're not really about that. All they're about is selfishness and greed. About being allowed to do whatever the fuck they want, and pay no taxes whatsoever.

It's just pure fucking greed and lack of any human empathy whatsover, every last motherfucking one of them.

I vaguely remember a lad who took over Cardiff Castle keep, I think around the time of the NATO summit. I think he claimed to be an anarchist and for a time lived in a squat with a load of people who sort of spanned the anarchist spectrum (from class struggle anarchism, to special brew and ketamine anarchism). I don't think his personal ideology was particularly that well developed though and his time spent in he keep must have been marginally better than the bedbug ridden housing he was used to.

Until you've seized your own castle teuchter you're in no position to judge others.

Back
Top Bottom