Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Census 2021

I see.
Are you able to confirm what I've read on the ONS site that:
a) door-to-door fieldwork will take place following the actual census day date of March 21st
b) fieldworkers will input household data (socially distanced) at the doorstep if the householder has not been able to return an online or written form?
I know it is starting next monday, so before march 21st. I should find out the rest this week.

Maybe, but he will have been targeted due to his openness. And if he was done after Christmas, are you really saying no one should answer their door for nine months??!! Seems a tad impractical.
No; earlier in the thread I suggested that, if the door were answered to the "specially trained" unit, declining to answer questions at the door appeared to be the best way to avoid offering evidence of wilful non-compliance. If the authorities don't know who you are, they can't prosecute.

No; earlier in the thread I suggested that, if the door were answered to the "specially trained" unit, declining to answer questions at the door appeared to be the best way to avoid offering evidence of wilful non-compliance. If the authorities don't know who you are, they can't prosecute.
i don't suppose there's any power of entry which might require engagement with the census people in the first place.

As a reassurance to anyone else considering non-compliance, the chances of prosecution are vanishingly remote.

Of the 1.6M missing households in 2011, only 12,000 received follow-up household visits from the "specially trained" units, (0.75%), and only 157 of those cases proceeded to court, (0.0098%), leading to 120 convictions, (0.0075%).

Roughly a 1 in 13,000 chance of prosecution.
100% chance of being a selfish cunt, 0% chance of making a difference to anything.

One never has a ‘successful argument’ with conspiraloons and on this topic you are well and truly in that camp.

I wouldn't assume anything online at the moment is an up to date summary of how it will work; I get the feeling it has been changed right till the last minute because of covid, and noone has had the training yet.

I wouldn't assume anything online at the moment is an up to date summary of how it will work; I get the feeling it has been changed right till the last minute because of covid, and noone has had the training yet.
Interesting to hear your first-hand account from the workers' point of view.
Again, the Scottish decision to delay for a year looks like a sound one.

brogdale said:
b) fieldworkers will input household data (socially distanced) at the doorstep if the householder has not been able to return an online or written form?

rutabowa said:
I can answer this now: that definitely would not be allowed if there was any chance that a third party could overhear.

Good to know; thanks.
Sure rules that out for a lot of terraced/front-door onto pavement properties, then.

Such as our house! :)

(and yes, it actually +is+ in the middle of the street :D )

But we'll be complying with the state authorities on-line anyway ;)

No, at least not accurately. I only started yesterday and the training is all week. Like I said, I should have more information by friday; anything else would be speculation/guessing.
I suppose one consequence of going ahead in the face of the pandemic/lockdown is that things will inevitably be very 'last minute'.

No, at least not accurately. I only started yesterday and the training is all week. Like I said, I should have more information by friday; anything else would be speculation/guessing.
What, have they not given you your invisible hypodermic so you can inject the 5G chip into people yet? Something is amiss

Received and completed within 10 minutes :)

I didn't argue the toss over what it says on my browny-purple passport valid until 2025, but I gave my "national Identity" as "European".

Last edited:
If I'm honest, I identify with a very small part of Bristol where I live - there are certainly large parts of the city where I don't feel at home - notably the area where I grew up and where my siblings live...
I've totally lost any fellow feeling with the country as a whole - though I find much of the world a lot more scary.
I'm hoping to one day formally become a citizen of another country which is a dilemma... once again I suspect I will develop an affection for the local area - though I'm quite likely to find myself surrounded by second homes - and who knows, I might thereby strike up friendships with wealthy metropolitans ...

If I'm honest, I identify with a very small part of Bristol where I live - there are certainly large parts of the city where I don't feel at home - notably the area where I grew up and where my siblings live...
I've totally lost any fellow feeling with the country as a whole - though I find much of the world a lot more scary.
I'm hoping to one day formally become a citizen of another country which is a dilemma... once again I suspect I will develop an affection for the local area - though I'm quite likely to find myself surrounded by second homes - and who knows, I might thereby strike up friendships with wealthy metropolitans ...
What's wrong with striking friendships with wealthy metropolitans on here?

I did one yesterday and they let me put Scottish/NZ
I wonder if there’ll be Jedis again or summat else as daft
tbf to those claiming to be of the Jedi religion, the state does invite the response any other religion (write in). And including a fictional belief system seems every bit as credible as any of the first 7 options...for obvious reasons.

1614698714507.png

Back
Top Bottom