Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bitcoin discussion and news

Enforcement agencies can track transactions now with the right info, so not so much for money laundering, unless you're tumbling your coins.

True, but someone has to be physically looking for you in the first place, where as other with other methods you can easily get red flagged.

I've been using bitcoins for a while now, but I want to start buying some to squirrel away for a rainy day, maybe like £25 a month or something.

Does anyone know how you can automate a purchase like that? So I don't have to remember to do it monthly

I'd be worried about just how volatile it is. Maybe buy gold or silver instead?

The majority of bitcoin mining/verification happens in China, where it poses a direct threat to the financial repression of the Communist party. For that reason alone I would never be tempted to invest significant cash in Bitcoin as a long-term strategy.

The majority of bitcoin mining/verification happens in China, where it poses a direct threat to the financial repression of the Communist party. For that reason alone I would never be tempted to invest significant cash in Bitcoin as a long-term strategy.

With the levels of corruption in China, i doubt its a problem for the regime

The Chinese government are really tough on profiteering , millionaires , currency fiddles , etc . . . Not! They aren't worried about it as it is currently tiny. And if it got big , then China would have another currency surplus to go with dollars , yen , etc.

On Wednesday, a federal judge authorized a summons requiring Coinbase, America’s largest Bitcoin service, to provide the IRS with the records of every user who traded on the site between 2014 and 2015. Covering the identities and transaction histories of millions of costumers, the request is believed to be the largest single attempt to identify tax evaders using virtual currency to date.

http://gizmodo.com/bitcoin-exchange-ordered-to-give-irs-years-of-data-on-m-1789544707

A currency which is generated by computing power will clearly benefit the hardware industries (largely US monopolised).

There is an embedded energy cost for these bitcoins - is that wise?

What are the hardware industries in this case? Surely you using hardware to type this benefits them? Have you seen the bitcoin farms in China buying new hardware in a way of any significance?

India has had an effect. China speculation/currency shifting is still the main driver though. Look at the exchange volume. There have been some moderately credible claims that institutional investors are starting to make the first forays into btc.

I buy from bittylicious.

I log into my account and state the value I want to buy. They then give me a persons name with their bank sort code and account number. I log into my bank account and send a payment to that persons bank account.

e2a. I also have a bitcoin wallet that receives the bitcoins I have purchased.

They seem to want all kinds of info before I can buy the minimum amount i.e. without id my limit is 0.028, and the minimum purchase is 0.04

Back
Top Bottom