Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bitcoin discussion and news

got to be based on you, google gives me CNBC, Guardian and Blomberg with 1 Express article second bottom of the page if I click the actual google news search
Well thats embarassing. I've never clicked a link to an express story tho!

Think it was "bitcoin crash" I searched. Anyway its not very interesting.

Well thats embarassing. I've never clicked a link to an express story tho!

Think it was "bitcoin crash" I searched. Anyway its not very interesting.

Actually I think there is something to be said for the role of search engine algorithms in shaping the information received by various actors in the cryptocurrency phenomenon. FWIW here's my results for "bitcoin crash":

Did a quick Google for "bitcoin price" and "bitcoin news", and I can report that I got only one result from the Express on the first page of both searches.
I search "1 BTC to GBP" for my own amusement and I get loads of Express stories, one Sun, one Telegraph. I try not to visit any of em.

Actually I think there is something to be said for the role of search engine algorithms in shaping the information received by various actors in the cryptocurrency phenomenon. FWIW here's my results for "bitcoin crash":

So basically my search engine has quite a low opinion of me.

I search "1 BTC to GBP" for my own amusement and I get loads of Express stories, one Sun, one Telegraph. I try not to visit any of em.
People who are interested in / buy / sell bitcoin and other crypto "currencies" are all online and getting all their news instantly and trying to find the newest and most important story as early as possible. I wonder how easy it is to manipulate people like that?

I wonder if the Express and Sun have any particular interest in these values

People who are interested in / buy / sell bitcoin and other crypto "currencies" are all online and getting all their news instantly and trying to find the newest and most important story as early as possible. I wonder how easy it is to manipulate people like that?

Express, Sun and values all in one sentence.

Might be something to this - as in people who've bought btc may be more suggestible so a good demographic for advertisers.

Bitcoin price: $18,000
I'm not saying Wall Street algorithms are good I'm saying *they* won't allow the crypto market to crash as if it were a bubble.

Bitcoin price: $16,000
You can't all be this stupid. Wall Street is effectively running the crypto markets - I see manipulation every day. They are effectively printing money now. Today.

Bitcoin price: $13,300
Are you kidding - it's a perfect time to buy; it's $13300 as I write. It will be $20000 + in January. At that point you can take your stake out and have fun.

Bitcoin price: $8,500
your mum has droopy boobies.neer.

Bitcoin price: $5,000

???

As previously mentioned, BTC is not the whole game any longer. If Lightening works well it may recover ground, or it may not - is it Amazon or is it mySpace. The game is blockchain and crypto currency, this thread is 'BTC talk'.

Marvellous.

I take it January didn’t let you top-slice any profit in the end. Let’s see if February brings you closer to that 100k mark.

Is this the bit where you tell me about the school for my non-existent children again?

It's all good - perfectly normal volatility for a non-fruadulent ponzi scheme, just ask market expert Mr 'tulip bubble' Madoff.

Going to be interesting to see what happens, is all I can say - one narrative says bitcoin is a planet-destroying Ponzi scheme that is going to result in a lot of Silicon Valley tech-bro types hilariously losing all their money, along with a lot of suckers who put their meager savings into buying a tenth of a bitcoin or whatever.

Another says that blockchain is a transformative technology and people with the courage to hang on to their cryptocurrencies for long enough are going to end up as wealthy as early investors in Apple.

My prediction is for something in the middle: Something related to blockchain probably will replace traditional currencies in the richer countries in our lifetime, but today's cryptocoins won't be worth any more than the seashells or whatever people used as currency a thousand years ago. Most of the Winklevii, etc. will probably land on their feet, those lower down the food chain won't be so lucky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom