Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ayia Napa gang rape case - verdict and discussion

Good to see their were Israelis outside protesting this farce of a trial.

Hint if somebody goes to a Dr with injuries consistent with rape and is diagnosed with PTSD it's not a case of consensual group sex gone wrong.

No, but a strong legal team could make all the difference. Seemed to have worked for the scumbags.

The scumbags never saw a courtroom. Maybe someone leant on someone else to secure the bogus retraction and thus their release or maybe they didn't need to because the Cypriot authorities are just that shit as a matter of course; either way it wasn't a strong legal team that got them off the hook.

Hint if somebody goes to a Dr with injuries consistent with rape and is diagnosed with PTSD it's not a case of consensual group sex gone wrong.

These are not the actions of people who were trying to do the right thing and failed. They were trying to do the wrong thing and they succeeded.

The scumbags never saw a courtroom. Maybe someone leant on someone else to secure the bogus retraction and thus their release or maybe they didn't need to because the Cypriot authorities are just that shit as a matter of course; either way it wasn't a strong legal team that got them off the hook.

And, you know this as a [Tobyjug] fact?

A strong legal team could well have prevented the scum from facing a court, via legal and/or dodgy methods.

But, as you are such an expert on the case, perhaps you could enlighten us all on your inside knowledge?

Last edited:
And, you know this as a [Tobyjug] fact?

A strong legal team could well have prevented the scum from facing a court, via legal and/or dodgy methods.

But, as you are such an expert on the case, because you could enlighten us all on your inside knowledge?

Fine, let us say instead that it seems likely that the shitness of the Cypriot police and courts were a bigger factor than the excellence of the alleged rapists' legal counsel.

It does not seem likely that a system that was even halfway fit for purpose could have allowed the woman's trial to proceed as it did. That is not exactly a fringe view at this point.

This seems like a good summing-up

It does not seem likely that a system that was even halfway fit for purpose could have allowed the woman's trial to proceed as it did.
But the Israelis had to be absolved of rape first. They would have been question by police with lawyers present who would likely have cordinated their stories and told the boys what to say and not say. Their lawyers would have had nothing to do with the girl's prosecution.

Fine, let us say instead that it seems likely that the shitness of the Cypriot police and courts were a bigger factor than the excellence of the alleged rapists' legal counsel.

It's most likely their legal team was a major factor, because, err, that's their fucking job!

But it wasn't the no-doubt excellent defence lawyers who decided that the woman needed to be prosecuted for public mischief.
That's beside the point. If the boys hadn't walked on the rape (probably because of fancy lawyering) she wouldn't have been charged with anything.

Last edited:
No. But rape victims are not believed every single day. That's only part of the story. It was the public mischief that really took the fucking cake.

Totally agree.

But, I was only replying to some plank's suggestion that the scum's legal team wasn't involved in getting them off, which they most likely were.

That then set off a chain of events, that gets us to where she is now.

But, I was only replying to some plank's suggestion that the scum's legal team wasn't involved in getting them off, which they most likely were.

Most likely? Surely you wouldn't be engaging in conjecture? And on the internet of all places. For shame.

Yep. And the video they have seems to show her having consensual sex with one guy, being upset to discover she's being videod, and telling the other guys to go away when they come into the room. It takes a special sort of woman-hater to believe you go from that to consensual sex with twelve guys.

I was raped on a working holiday in Mallorca once when I was 17. I'd consented to kissing, but not sex, and made it very clear that I did not want sex. He did it because he wanted to be the first that year in his group of friends to have sex with a tourist. No point going to the police, and when I tried to tell him what he'd done was wrong (in a club a couple of days later; his friend was dating my friend) he twisted my wrist and pushed me against a wall (he was VERY strong despite being the same height as me) and made it clear that much worse would happen to me if I tried to report it.

I think it's fairly common, sadly, and they do it because they know they will be able to get away with it, and, like those bastard rapists chanting at the airport, don't think of their victims as women, just "British whores." She was brave to try to report it in the first place and I really hope the appeal is successful. She's already spent a month in jail as well as being raped. Shame there's no chance at all of the retraction being retracted and the rapists being put on trial instead of their victim.

Oh, scifisam, so sorry to read that, I just can't get my head around how some blokes act, it makes me so fucking angry. :mad:

I'm fine, honest. Though I think part of the reason I'm fine is because it really is so common, so it's one of those things you sort of learn to deal with.

And part of the reason is that I didn't report it and suffer in a police cell too (I'm not saying court because the chances of it going to court are low). Cases being taken to court are so low, and conviction rates lower still, that the people who say "but you're letting them go free to rape other women" - if you don't report it - have no idea what they're talking about - odds are, they'll be free to do it again anyway. They might even feel like they've been given permission to do it again.

It's the kind of thing we, as teenagers, all thought might be better for our daughters, but it doesn't seem to be that way.

I'm not advocating women not reporting, obvs. And what has changed is that we have better ways of keeping women safe, to an extent - mobile phones help (though in this case it made it worse :(), better street lighting helps, young women seem to be more aware of the need to protect each other, and educating men to try to stop their friends being creeps might help, because most men aren't rapists, but the rapists are enabled by other men turning a blind eye to their mate going off with a woman who is clearly too drunk to be able to consent, that sort of thing.

One chilling line I read recently, though, was that a lot of the preventative measures women take (not clothing, but things like making sure your friends are in a cab home and arrive safely) aren't actually stopping a rape happening, they're just stopping it happening to you. I mean, it's the most we can do, but fuck, it's depressing.

I'm fine, honest. Though I think part of the reason I'm fine is because it really is so common, so it's one of those things you sort of learn to deal with.

And part of the reason is that I didn't report it and suffer in a police cell too (I'm not saying court because the chances of it going to court are low). Cases being taken to court are so low, and conviction rates lower still, that the people who say "but you're letting them go free to rape other women" - if you don't report it - have no idea what they're talking about - odds are, they'll be free to do it again anyway. They might even feel like they've been given permission to do it again.

It's the kind of thing we, as teenagers, all thought might be better for our daughters, but it doesn't seem to be that way.

I'm not advocating women not reporting, obvs. And what has changed is that we have better ways of keeping women safe, to an extent - mobile phones help (though in this case it made it worse :(), better street lighting helps, young women seem to be more aware of the need to protect each other, and educating men to try to stop their friends being creeps might help, because most men aren't rapists, but the rapists are enabled by other men turning a blind eye to their mate going off with a woman who is clearly too drunk to be able to consent, that sort of thing.

One chilling line I read recently, though, was that a lot of the preventative measures women take (not clothing, but things like making sure your friends are in a cab home and arrive safely) aren't actually stopping a rape happening, they're just stopping it happening to you. I mean, it's the most we can do, but fuck, it's depressing.

That is ineffably sad. :(

I’m not after a source (for the footage) or anything but what’s the situation/truth with these alleged videos.

I read in some places she was a willing participant, others that it’s fake (what’s circulating).

It seems there is definitely some type of footage, is there an accurate news/legal source as to the actual content?

Last edited:
I’m not after a source (for the footage) or anything but what’s the situation/truth with these alleged videos.

I read in some places she was a willing participant, others that it’s fake (what’s circulating).

It seems there is definitely some type of footage, is there an accurate news/legal source as to the actual content?

My understanding is that she was having consensual sex with one man (a semi-pro Israeli footballer) others sneaked in and started to film them, she saw and told them to fuck off out of it, at which point she was attacked, held down and raped by several of the others present.

Footballer accused of raping Brit teen in Cyprus 'hopes she learns her lesson' pretty sure many women have learned her lesson here. :(

I think one of the things about the video that the accused claims makes it 'consensual', was that when other men started coming in and watching she asked them to close the door rather than screaming for help.

I think one of the things about the video that the accused claims makes it 'consensual', was that when other men started coming in and watching she asked them to close the door rather than screaming for help.

Not seen the vid, but whenever I have been shagging at a house party (once, not a super stud!) and the bedroom door opened she said calmly "Close the door!". I think the intention is that whoever has opened it then closes it whilst remaining on the other side.

Last edited:
So now she has to relive it to get them convicted? Will she bother with that do you think or will the 12 men get to just get on with their lives with not a blot on their characters? If she's going to go through the courts again, it'll be so stressful. I wouldn't judge her at all if she didn't bother. When you've just escaped a train wreck, you don't want to go back in, do you. She's already been so brave.

Back
Top Bottom