• Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • only having the Flu one

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • not having either

Votes: 12 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edited. Urgh, can't be arsed with anti-vaxxers looking for 'evidence' at this point in time ffs. Haven't you all moved to the Great Reset or something now we haven't all dropped dead/become controlled by 5G/ended up magnetic/etc.

Edited. Urgh, can't be arsed with anti-vaxxers looking for 'evidence' at this point in time ffs. Haven't you all moved to the Great Reset or something now we haven't all dropped dead/become controlled by 5G/ended up magnetic/etc.
Just seen your ignored comment, you talking about me you fucking shouty ignored SWP weirdo?

Urgh! Weirdo!

5g? Great Reset? Magnetic? Lol!

Cunt.

If it's not about me, then I apologise. :)

So I get a second NHS text - this time from the number tied to my surgery - from "NHS-NoReply" - and unsurprisingly my reply was not sent ...:facepalm:
Hopefully someone will notice ...

The ***** Surgery
Message sent on 27 September 2022 at 2:37 pm

Reception You are now due your Autumn Flu & Covid vaccine at The Wellspring Surgery. Just text back YES if you want us to call you to book your an appointment, or If you do not want your vaccine or have already had one this year, please text DECLINE. Many Thanks, ***** Surgery.

So I get a second NHS text - this time from the number tied to my surgery - from "NHS-NoReply" - and unsurprisingly my reply was not sent ...:facepalm:
Hopefully someone will notice ...
I've had a couple of contradictory texts/emails too, gg.

Fortunately I was able to book both flu and covid jabs for a week on Monday when I got the first text.

What's your problem?
Since COVID started I must be up to half a dozen different numbers ... :)
I recently used 111 call-back for antibiotics rather than actually negotiate the nightmare of voice-calling the surgery.

Not massively worried as I mask up for my one weekly supermarket visit ..

Going to the surgery requires planning as I will need to take a bath ....

EDIT:- I just re-read that message and it's a little confusing in any case ...

Last edited:
gentlegreen, given you're over 50, reckon you can probably just walk into a pharmacy doing covid jabs and get it done without booking.

(When I got mine done last weekend, the pharmacy staff mentioned it to a few people in a 'while you're here you might as well get it done' kind of way and fitted them in.)

gentlegreen, given you're over 50, reckon you can probably just walk into a pharmacy doing covid jabs and get it done without booking.

(When I got mine done last weekend, the pharmacy staff mentioned it to a few people in a 'while you're here you might as well get it done' kind of way and fitted them in.)
I try to avoid my local pharmacy - they're massively overworked.
I suspect the surgery will book me in for November - same as last year and given my lifestyle it's pretty well wasted on me anyway ...

I try to avoid my local pharmacy - they're massively overworked.
I suspect the surgery will book me in for November - same as last year and given my lifestyle it's pretty well wasted on me anyway ...
Sounds like you need to book it though hence the texts etc? :confused:

Sounds like you need to book it though hence the texts etc? :confused:
The second text was apparently designed to save them work by allowing a YES/NO response.
Hopefully more pro-active people than me will actually phone them to point out that they need to resend it by another route.
I would sooner physically walk the half mile to the surgery than negotiate the phone etiquette ...

Recent "issues" with them and the NHS generally probably have me flagged on the system - which might of course work either way ...

I just got the Autumn booster text and went to book it via the website. Answered all the questions and it said I'm not eligible. :mad: Could just be a time lag of systems not catching up with each other, or summat. Anyway,should be easy enough to sort a walk in somewhere.

Just had my booked flu jab at the local health centre [ they do special sessions ] ...

and they fitted in a dose of the pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine to my other arm [un-expected bonus, I'll now have two sore arms tomorrow !]

Just had my booked flu jab at the local health centre [ they do special sessions ] ...

and they fitted in a dose of the pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine to my other arm [un-expected bonus, I'll now have two sore arms tomorrow !]
Usual side affect of sore arms, hence a rubbish night's sleep ... and I've "a few" things to do today !

I've not seen a paper prescription in years, my GP sends them electronically to the pharmacy.

I've not seen a paper prescription in years, my GP sends them electronically to the pharmacy.
Indeed. I have to request my repeats via Patient Access, which my GP turns down, which I find out when I go to the pharmacy. They ask me when I handed in the prescription. I tell them I did it online. They then tell me I’m not part of some service that I’m not part of, so I tell them it’s Patient Access. They then say “three working days”. I say it was a week ago. They say go the the GP, it’s their fault. Then I go to the practice to be ignored by the receptionist. Then when I tell them, they roll their eyes, ask me when I put in the request. Ask if I used the service the pharmacist was taking about. I tell them Patient Access. They ask me what date. I tell them a week ago. They say it was refused because I’ve ordered it “too soon”. I say I’m running out that day. They say put it in again via Patient Access. It’ll be 3 more working days. Working, though, so you have to add the weekend. So I’ll be without my meds for a week. They say “wait there”. I wait 15 minutes. They give me a paper script. I go to the pharmacy. They say they’ll need to order in the meds. I then have to wait for the meds. But they’re only open Saturday morning. So I get the medicine a fortnight after I ordered it. Which is why I put the order in “early”.

This happens every 6 weeks.

I eventually made the change and get my prescriptions delivered by mail by Lloyds pharmacy -even though there's a branch at the end of the road - but it's crazy in there because of the population they serve.

Back
Top Bottom