• Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • only having the Flu one

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • not having either

Votes: 12 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do they have pink prescriptions in Scotland? Like Pepto-bismol pink?

Its more light pinky/brown. They actually call it "Peach"and that colour is used for prescriptions that originate from GPs. Nurse Prescribers use Lilac forms, Dentists use Yellow and Secondary Care use Blue forms.

Proper pink prescriptions do exist but are reserved for specific purposes. One type, the lighter pink is for private-origin prescriptions and the bright pink is IIRC for ongoing/maintenance prescriptions in addiction treatment.

I'm unsure about getting a booster.
I was speaking to one of my Chigung class mates about it on Wednesday and she said the same, she knows five people who have felt really rough afterwards although, like both of us, they were fine after the first three.
Difficult decision but I think I'll probably not bother.
blossie33 I had very, very mild side effects after the first three. This one, literally none at all. :)

I'm unsure about getting a booster.
I was speaking to one of my Chigung class mates about it on Wednesday and she said the same, she knows five people who have felt really rough afterwards although, like both of us, they were fine after the first three.
Difficult decision but I think I'll probably not bother.

Chigung class might be the common problem there!

How old do I have to be to get this if I'm not in the vulnerable category? I thought I was eligible but the computer says no.

How old do I have to be to get this if I'm not in the vulnerable category? I thought I was eligible but the computer says no.
I think that the aim is autumn boosters for all over 50s. They were to use the same age cohorts as in previous rollouts, so they may not have got down that far, yet. There will be some regional variations to cope with, as well.
Keep trying !

I think that the aim is autumn boosters for all over 50s. They were to use the same age cohorts as in previous rollouts, so they may not have got down that far, yet. There will be some regional variations to cope with, as well.
Keep trying !
I'm well over 50! Haven't had a text from the GP as yet. Patience.

yes, that's my understanding

i've had text from GP about flu vaccination, but seems that the 50+ age band can't get flu jabbed until 15 October (although you may be able to book an appointment in advance at some places, but not (yet) at my GP practice...)

don't think there's even a date yet for 50+ covid boosters. think i got last year's a week or two before xmas

yes, that's my understanding

i've had text from GP about flu vaccination, but seems that the 50+ age band can't get flu jabbed until 15 October (although you may be able to book an appointment in advance at some places, but not (yet) at my GP practice...)

don't think there's even a date yet for 50+ covid boosters. think i got last year's a week or two before xmas
I've got a flu jab booked at Boots for 16th.

For Covid, it looks like they are going to do the 65+ first, then the 50-65 'later in the autumn'.

Moderna bivalent booster on Saturday, quite surprised by the sore arm on Sunday as not felt that before with Pfizers, all fine now.

Also quite surprised to have had the invite so early as not much past 50, think my area (Lambeth) has quite low vaccine uptake generally so maybe they decided to offer it to all over-50s straight off, just to get a decent proportion of the population vaccinated in time for winter?

Anyway quite glad to have it as my commute is back to being as crowded as ever (on Friday's train a girl standing up fainted & didn't hit the floor as there wasn't room to fall).

Back
Top Bottom