• only having the Flu one

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • not having either

Votes: 12 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:(

hope it's not too bad.

i will make sure i have a weekend after mine and maybe a day off in case - i felt fairly crap after the previous ones...
So far I only have a slightly sore arm. Did sleep badly though and had some paracetamol and sleeping aids at 2am through.

Bit weird being told to seek medical attention immediately for a range of things I had for 3 months after my last COVID infection and had been reassured they weren’t nothing to worry about :confused:

Just been invited for my booster and I'm in two minds, I mean I had all my other jabs when this thing was top-of-the-agenda, running riot, but it kind of feels 'over'-ish now, I really don't think about it anymore, happy to have my annual flu jab but just feel unsure about another - 4th? - Covid jab with all the possible side effects for something that isn't really a thing anymore. Does that make sense?

Humming and harring a bit.

Just been invited for my booster and I'm in two minds, I mean I had all my other jabs when this thing was top-of-the-agenda, running riot, but it kind of feels 'over'-ish now, I really don't think about it anymore, happy to have my annual flu jab but just feel unsure about another - 4th? - Covid jab with all the possible side effects for something that isn't really a thing anymore. Does that make sense?

I'ld get the jab just for protection giving me more peace of mind, because with coming into the cold / wet of winter, conditions that enable the virus to survive and so on [ie the opposite of the past few months]. I would expect an uptick in cases because of that factor, if nothing else.
Better to be safe than sorry.

Like flu, covid is likely to come in waves, so I don't see the logic in having only the flu jab.

Isn’t really a thing anymore but still infecting thousands of people every week in England and killed ~300 people in the last week. Over 3,000 people in hospital with it in that period also.

I mean I had all my other jabs when this thing was top-of-the-agenda, running riot, but it kind of feels 'over'-ish now

Isn’t really a thing anymore but still infecting thousands of people every week in England and killed ~300 people in the last week. Over 3,000 people in hospital with it in that period also.

yes - it depends if you follow the political will for it to be 'all over' which most of the press have followed, or what's actually happening.

i don't quite get the politics at play here - them deciding covid is somehow 'woke'...

It's still a thing.
The only thing that has changed is the media and government and publics attitude and response to it.

My evidence for this is the amount of people off from work with covid every week and patients cancelling their surgery because they are covid positive. Also here in the hospital we are still testing those that are staying in after surgery.

I went this morning to the vaccine station I got the previous jabs from, and it's closed :(
it looks like the municipal website has closed as well....so I think I'd better go to the health post I usually get mt flu jab from and see if they are still doing covid shots...I've only been putting it off as I had Covid at the end of May and I thought I'd wait 3 months
last night I had a dentist appointement and the bus dropped me outside the municipal medical clinic....I arrived 17:55 and was out at 18:00 with my 4th jab...my arm is a bit sor, but that´s it so far

When you book it for weakened immune system, what sort of evidence do you need to bring with you? Am I expecting a DWP style grilling when I get there?

last night I had a dentist appointement and the bus dropped me outside the municipal medical clinic....I arrived 17:55 and was out at 18:00 with my 4th jab...my arm is a bit sor, but that´s it so far
and when I checked this morning, it´s recorded on the SUS Covid app and I have downlosed a .pdf certificate....Brazil is pretty good and some stuff...particularly vaccinations.

The new Moderna is called Spikevax. I only know this because my workmate got it the other day.

Still waiting for mine.

It's still a thing.
The only thing that has changed is the media and government and publics attitude and response to it.

My evidence for this is the amount of people off from work with covid every week and patients cancelling their surgery because they are covid positive. Also here in the hospital we are still testing those that are staying in after surgery.

Bang on.

I got back from Tobago recently. Even though the government there had (only) just dropped compulsory mask wearing, a good 50-75% of people still wore masks. It was refreshing to see.

Update: feel a bit like shit now - shivery, a bit achey and tired. Have taken paracetamol and am wondering if the kids could put me to bed rather than the other way round.

10000% better than my last round of COVID though. 👍
Hope you feel better soon x

Wondering if I should change the date of mine as I have a full evening planned.

Sadly this off the rack meme is not very good, but as I don’t have the skills to photoshop a syringe in James Masters’ hand it will have to do.

BA288750-B8FF-41DC-BA5A-89B08360DE51.jpeg

Not sure I have spotted many Buffy fans posting on this thread though… :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: Sue
Yes. But in the actual world of people going to get vaccinated, one was called 'Moderna' in the (my) last waves of vaccination and one is called 'Spikevax' now. At the coalface.
I last got vaccinated in December 2021 and it was called Spikevax in the leaflet they gave to people.

At the coalface.
At the coalface it is referred to as mRNA-1273[.214]. It's been boxed and presented as Spikevax for a year or so now (literally said it on the vial I watched it being drawn from the last time and was described as such in the patient literature).

My next post vaccine update (with my extremely scientific n=1 :D): achiness either lasted an evening or a night - bit hard to tell what’s that and what’s common garden achiness from my first dance class in two months.

But word of warning to anyone with skin/allergic sensitivities - it was listed as a possible side effect and some ezcema which was getting better is now very obviously not 😭 So maybe check you’ve got your appropriate flare up treatment in the cupboard before getting jabbed.

I’ve had a text message inviting me to book for it.

Not sure what to do. The invite will be based on my home address where my GP is, but I’m living between 3 different cities. I’m guessing that going to a vaccination centre in a different city to where my GP is won’t work. If I need a day or two to recover from it that adds a layer to the logistics. Hmm.

Back
Top Bottom