• Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • only having the Flu one

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • not having either

Votes: 12 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both my children are supposed to get their second one tomorrow but youngest has a terrible cold. Will they send us away?

Just been jabbed (not 50 just yet, underlying health thing). Local pharmacy (previous ones were in a vaccination centre but that looks to have closed) and all very efficient.

They seemed to be telling someone they hadn't received the vaccine for over 65s yet. I'd no idea there was a different one? Or did I misunderstand what they were saying..?

Having mine next week at work (NHS), and hopefully the flu jab at the same time.

We've had a little uptick in people coming in pretty sick with Covid the last week or so btw. Just at the same time we've stopped routine testing for all admission, now only symptomatic people (and I think pre-op folks) get tested before admission.

They seemed to be telling someone they hadn't received the vaccine for over 65s yet. I'd no idea there was a different one? Or did I misunderstand what they were saying..?

not heard of that as regards covid jab but could be the case

believe there's a different flu vaccine for over / under 65 though (there was a shortage of one but not the other a year or two ago) - could they have been talking about that?

not heard of that as regards covid jab but could be the case

believe there's a different flu vaccine for over / under 65 though (there was a shortage of one but not the other a year or two ago) - could they have been talking about that?
Yeah our work delivery of the flu vaccine has been late, so might be that?
I guess they maybe asked about the flu jab while they were there for the covid one? That would make sense, thanks.

That will be the flu vaccine. There seems to be a shortage/delay on the one for over 65s (I assume it is milder??)

Reactions: Sue
Had mine today in North Brixton. Moderna bivalent. Same result as for the previous three jabs: sore arm with fatigue and aches. Now tucked up in bed with large bourbon to compensate.
I had mine yesterday in the same place. Only a sore arm for me - not too bad. Same as last time.

Extremely efficient operation.

Just getting over a bout of Covid right now. Mrs [62] also has it. We're going to book our boosters ASAP. We're both 51 and neither of us fancy another round of that. I've barely slept the last two nights. Was feeling a bit better by the end of yesterday, but overnight the sore throat got so bad that every swallow of saliva was agony and I just couldn't sleep. Also had a couple of episodes where thick phlegm moved around in my windpipe and I could barely breath. Really alarming and I don't want a repeat of that.

I had the most full on migraine aura in a long while a week after my jab. Not sure if coincidence or not. :confused: The chronic migraines I have now seem to have beeb certainly triggered by actual COVID infections :(

Really don't want to sound all 'anti-vax', I really don't, but picking up on what you're saying, you had the migraines after your jab, but you're blaming prior infection?

I have been offered a jab but not taken up the offer yet, as it's in a centre that is a bit of a trek for me. Not sure which one is being offered yet.

Really don't want to sound all 'anti-vax', I really don't, but picking up on what you're saying, you had the migraines after your jab, but you're blaming prior infection?
Timeline is as follows:

1) Before 2020 I had the odd migraine, like maybe one or two a year, and any memorable ones were quite clearly linked to hormones, eg pregnancy
2) In April 2020 I’m pretty sure I had COVID and then had a migraine like headache that lasted 2 1/2 months. :eek: After a break I had one for a month.
3) This settled down into one or two a month :mad:, clearly linked to hormone fluctuations.
4) these were getting better until I got confirmed COVID in January this year, and following this they took a level in badass with the whole predrome/aura/headache/postdrome thing, along with some other unpleasant symptoms that took 3 months to stop :(
5) the auras and pre and post stuff was getting better again but I had a particularly shit aura on Friday

So not anti vaccine at all. It kind of makes sense that if my immune system is reacting in a lesser but similar way to a vaccine compared to infection then it might have caused a bump this month. It might also be complete coincidence as these things are not linear anyway, and also I am approaching that age when these hormonal migraines are common. Correlation is not causation.

But even if it was related, I’d take Friday over the very real risk of the migraines getting worse yet again after a third bad infection.

Back
Top Bottom