Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. But the current fashion for tattoos is just that: mere fashion, driven by an all-pervasive media and commerce. Bored and frustrated by any chance? Have another big fuck off tattoo to show your dickhead mates. They probably won't be able to tell what it actually is, but having to repeatedly explain it will kill another few hours, especially as they won't actually listen, necessitating your having to keep repeating yourself. Whole evenings can pass like this.

On the whole, speaking of today's society, tattoos=empty head.

:D:D

no they don't. they all think it looks cool. my girlfriend thinks it looks sexy. if i ever meet a member of the yakuza it might mark me out as a paedo or summat but i'm unlikely to ever meet one so who cares?

i also wear the sunglasses of a 1950's turin tram driver. they are also cool as fuck.

no they don't. they all think it looks cool. my girlfriend thinks it looks sexy. if i ever meet a member of the yakuza it might mark me out as a paedo or summat but i'm unlikely to ever meet one so who cares?

i also wear the sunglasses of a 1950's turin tram driver. they are also cool as fuck.

Why can't you just wear some nice pearls? :(

it's nothing new. it's not the end of civilization.

No, mibbe we're talkin at cross purposes here - Tats aren't the end of civilisation, me, I think they look a bit corny, but that's just my taste - Am sure you look like a dripping slice of raw sex with your yakuza effort, that's not the issue for me, what I'm on about is lletsa said ages ago that when capitalism fails (which it will), most of us will die - And he's right, essentially, we're all sunk, this shit can't go on, but it will - til it's too late. We're all doomed, tellin you, I don't like bearing bad news, but it's a burden whether I like it or not.

No, mibbe we're talkin at cross purposes here - Tats aren't the end of civilisation, me, I think they look a bit corny, but that's just my taste - Am sure you look like a dripping slice of raw sex with your yakuza effort, that's not the issue for me, what I'm on about is lletsa said ages ago that when capitalism fails (which it will), most of us will die - And he's right, essentially, we're all sunk, this shit can't go on, but it will - til it's too late. We're all doomed, tellin you, I don't like bearing bad news, but it's a burden whether I like it or not.

It's okay. I watch Ray Mears on TV.

LLETSA knows his shit - Infantilisation of the working classes - It's definitely what's happening. And tattoos are corny, even though I've got a couple I reckon they look nobby. Let's let someone draw on our skin in order that we might look cool, I mean come on.

Not just the working class-everybody is infantilised to one extent or another now. Except me.

Grown men trying to be 'cool' (actually a completely meaningless term.) Only in this day and age.

I've never had a moustache. I always think it would make me seem like a character in Patrick Hamilton.

Grow one - I'd never heard of Patrick Hamilton til now, I'll check him out. A muzzie and a side parting with gold streaks - Oldskools the only school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom