Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's far from being just students now though, or even mainly students. tattoos are so widespread and over the top that whatever impact they once had has been totally wiped out. You see people with entire limbs totally covered with some huge infantile picture. Deep orange and vivid red inks on already orangey skin. Female bank clerks, dressed in formal attire ridiculously have tattoos peeping out from the waist bands of their trousers or skirts, or above their collars. Somebody's old granny on the tills in Asda has a neck tattoo for fuck's sake.

Like I said, something has clearly gone awry.

and premiership footballers. Euro 2012 was definitely the tournament of the tattoo.

Such devastating ripostes are why I've lately ventured onto to here only rarely.
Why do you have such a problem with people having tattoos and piercings? It doesn't make any difference to you. It's merely fashion and getting cross about fashion is fruitless and a sure sign of fossilization.

Why do you have such a problem with people having tattoos and piercings? It doesn't make any difference to you. It's merely fashion and getting cross about fashion is fruitless and a sure sign of fossilization.

This shows just how shallow you are.

Rebels my arse.

what's wrong with pd? it's just a joke, it's not about laurie penny and it's hilarious :confused:

PD branch possibly opening up in Moscow or Bishkek soon. Watch this space. Or rather, look upwards into space and beyond the stars.

sulu-tat-700198.jpg

Yes. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

So paying through the nose for somebody to pain a daft picture on a limb, which looks from a distance like a nasty burn or something else you'd pay even more for to have removed if acquired by accident, is self-expression?

Are we really that culturally impoverished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom