Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my dull old middle age I have decided that look-at-me-look-at-me haircuts are a pretty sure sign of an ego problem.

Not to mention the hideous disfigurements caused by body/facial piercings and over-tattooing. In the pub last night there were two pretty young girls who had paid money to have unsightly facial blemishes installed.

And all the while society actually becomes blander and more malleable. Style has triumphed over substance. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

250px-Friends_titles.jpg

Tattoos can look great too. Get the fuck over it and start judging people by their words and their deeds, not how whether they decorate themselves with tattoos or not.

It's easy. Nowadays each tattoo ought to be called an idiot stamp.

Anyway, I'm off out for a gargle. How many people will annoy me on my way into town just by being there? It hardly bears thinking about.

It's easy. Nowadays each tattoo ought to be called an idiot stamp.

Anyway, I'm off out for a gargle. How many people will annoy me on my way into town just by being there? It hardly bears thinking about.
Well if you will live in the grim northwest....

Notable, every journo mentioned in these last few posts - every single one - went to private school.

My guess would be that this is true of literally 95% of journos writing for the British dailies, the BBC, not to mention Parliament. And we all know what that means--I've never met a product of a private school who was anything other than a wanker. Do I mean literally never? Yes, thinking about it, I really think I do.

I suppose it's not fair to blame people for something over which they had no control. That's what I was told on here, last time I called out one of our resident anarchists for his public school background. But I'm not blaming them, I'm just noting the fact that they are all wankers. Why wouldn't they be? I can't imagine a better way of turning someone into a wanker anyway.

So I'm sorry and all that, but I do hold Penny's educational background against her, and I do think it disqualifies her from speaking for the Left. Not just her, obviously.

Given he spent a whole year on exposing just one person (and i think it was worthwhile despite what the bores say)...

Two years. For which he interrupted work on Capital, which was never completed as a result, leading to two centuries of internecine warfare among the Left and in all probability to literally millions of deaths. There but for the grace of God....

This fella is a she. I haven't heard that track for years. It is quite brilliant.
Well, somebody had to like it. That track had a load of my relatives completely helpless with laughter (it was Boxing Day and we happened to be in the same room, with local radio on in the background) as they waited for something to happen after each "oh superma-an.............."

My guess would be that this is true of literally 95% of journos writing for the British dailies, the BBC, not to mention Parliament. And we all know what that means--I've never met a product of a private school who was anything other than a wanker. Do I mean literally never? Yes, thinking about it, I really think I do.

I suppose it's not fair to blame people for something over which they had no control. That's what I was told on here, last time I called out one of our resident anarchists for his public school background. But I'm not blaming them, I'm just noting the fact that they are all wankers. Why wouldn't they be? I can't imagine a better way of turning someone into a wanker anyway.

So I'm sorry and all that, but I do hold Penny's educational background against her, and I do think it disqualifies her from speaking for the Left. Not just her, obviously.

What happens when the product of a British public school thinks that you are a wanker? Does the world implode through the circularity of it all?

Oh yeah and also, for good measure ...

It depends on whether you and her want to join the grown-ups.

Fuck off. Arsehole. OOH HOW JUVENILE!

Edit: Pre-empting Butchers' inevitable demand for a serious political commentary:
a) this thread doesn't deserve serious comment;
b) sad stalkery weirdos;
c) haven't you all got something better to do?

Just a bit pathetic really. Yeah, LP is spiralling inevitably into irrelevant twattishness, as so many people before her have. Still, carry on fighting the class war by obsessively attacking Laurie Penny. I've no doubt that you're really achieving something here. Keep it up, etc.

edit: same goes for the 'hilarious' PD in-joke sadfest.

I'll take a decent education over phildwyer kudos.

I'll take a decent education over phildwyer kudos.

How are you going to get "a decent education" at a private school? These institutions exist for the specific purpose of keeping the real world out. It is entirely impossible to learn or even to know about the real world when one is educated in its deliberately induced absence.

Your attitude is exactly what annoys people about Penny. She goes on about how "lucky" she was to go to private school. She doesn't know that she is paying a heavy price for such education in ignorance and consequent scorn.

And I am willing to bet any amount of money that, should she have kids herself, she will also send them to private school. Her type always do, because like yourself they think such places provide a good education.

By that very opinion they reveal their completely stupid and pathetic attitude to everything.

What happens when the product of a British public school thinks that you are a wanker? Does the world implode through the circularity of it all?

It isn't just my opinion that privately educated people are wankers though, is it?

In fact it is the opinion of everyone, except those who went to private school themselves. Such universally held opinions are generally accorded the status of objective truth.

Do they leave it?

Some think ahh, but there's Ruskin College, Oxford, who provide places for the disadvantaged, with few, or no qualifications. One problem with this thinking, Ruskin College is not in fact part of Oxford University.

In 1908 the 'Plebs League' was established at the college by students who viewed its education policy as "too pro-establishment".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom